Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 19

The final solution to helmet logo issue

This is the solution to the FB helmet logo issue...

White helmets and...

Click here: Cy-clings

...those clingy, clear stickers. ADJP can try a different logo every week until he finds one that everybody can agree upon. Hec, in this age of individual creativity, we could let the players make their own helmet logos...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: The final solution to helmet logo issue

I'd be fine with a white helmet and that logo on it and I've heard a lot of people say the same.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 173

I'd be fine with a white helmet with almost anything on it if we had white or cardinal pants to go with it. It's just the white helmet with the gold pants looks like someone hired a C+ average graphic or apparel designer to design our uniforms. It's why I've said I don't mind the white helmets with the road uniforms - cardinal, not gold, pants.

Last edited by jdoggivjc; 08-23-2007 at 10:32 AM.
    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Rookie
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been the Cyclones and gold helmets. Didn't matter what the logo was, if any, Ray. The helmet was gold, like the corn that's made and continues to make this state what it is. Like the sunset after a perfect football Saturday. The D boys, Donnie and DannoMac stole that heritage from us, Ray, and Ed Bock, the Dirty Thirty, Johnny Majors, George Amundson, Matt Blair, Earle Bruce, Dexter Green, looking down on us, Luther Blue and the 95 yard return against the huskers, they can't be happy, Ray. JP says he was surprised how much our colors have changed over the years. So let's hope he puts things right, Ray, and makes the helmet gold, with whatever logo the fans and powers that be decide. We've changed our uniform so often, Ray, with every coaching change. Let's keep something constant, Ray, make the helmets gold."

I bleed Cardinal & Gold

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyingreen View Post
    "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been the Cyclones and gold helmets. Didn't matter what the logo was, if any, Ray. The helmet was gold, like the corn that's made and continues to make this state what it is. Like the sunset after a perfect football Saturday.

This is a false statement. Discounting the helmets from 1962-1967, which were pure gold, the gold that you speak of was used in 1968, 1975-78, 1983-1985, and 1987-1994. That's a grand total of 16 years. Cardinal, on the other hand, if you discount the McCarney era, was used 1969-1974, 1979-1982, and 1983-1985. That's a total of 13 years. A whopping 3 year difference - wow... that's a great constant. If you count McCarney/Chizik, it's 26 years. If anything, by now, cardinal has become more traditional than gold.

That being said, I certainly don't mind a gold helmet with the uni combination...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyingreen View Post
    "JP says he was surprised how much our colors have changed over the years. So let's hope he puts things right, Ray, and makes the helmet gold, with whatever logo the fans and powers that be decide. We've changed our uniform so often, Ray, with every coaching change. Let's keep something constant, Ray, make the helmets gold."
    Yellow helmets and yellow pants are just way too much yellow. I think that's why JP went with the white helmet. I like the white helmet but agree it doesn't look the best with the yellow pants. My solution: lose the yellow pants. We can still feature the yellow much more prominently (than Mac's uniforms) by including it in our new logo and in the stripes down the shirts and pants.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I have a feeling a lot of peole on this board watch the We network and E!.

Who cares what we wear? I sure don't. I just want to win some games.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9

See my other post....

The uniforms look fine and are color coordinated. I even checked with my wife to confirm since she is the fashion diva in our household.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 19

My goodness...I just had another epiphany...

If ISU goes the Cy-Cling route for the FB helmet logo, ADJP could sell rotating advertising space on the helmets. A new sponsor every week. He could probably generate enough revenue to bring the baseball team back!!!

I suppose the greedy NCAA probably has rules against such things...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post

This is a false statement. Discounting the helmets from 1962-1967, which were pure gold, the gold that you speak of was used in 1968, 1975-78, 1983-1985, and 1987-1994. That's a grand total of 16 years. Cardinal, on the other hand, if you discount the McCarney era, was used 1969-1974, 1979-1982, and 1983-1985. That's a total of 13 years. A whopping 3 year difference - wow... that's a great constant. If you count McCarney/Chizik, it's 26 years. If anything, by now, cardinal has become more traditional than gold.

That being said, I certainly don't mind a gold helmet with the uni combination...
    Its a modified quote from "The Field of Dreams" - I'm thinking he wasn't too worried about the semantics.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    See my other post....

The uniforms look fine and are color coordinated. I even checked with my wife to confirm since she is the fashion diva in our household.
    If she's the fashion diva in your house, ask her this question:

"Everyone acknowledges that black is a color that goes with everything. If that is the case, then why can't you wear black shoes with a blue dress (or, in some extreme circumstances, black with blue at all)?" If her reason is "because people can tell that the dress and the shoes aren't the same color," then she has no credibility as a fashion expert with me. If she can, then I too will proclaim her as a "fashion diva." For the record, my wife cannot answer this question, and is the reason why, unless I give her permission, she is not allowed to dress me

Anyway, just because two colors "match" (i.e., black and blue) doesn't necessarily mean that they should go together. Same with gold and white. Heraldry is a big interest to me. I own a book on heraldry design and frequent a couple of websites. Heraldic artists are considered some of the best in history just because they had to come up with thousands of designs using limited space, objects, and color palette (they were only allowed to use one main color (red, blue, orange, green, purple, black) and one metal color (silver -or white-, gold). The purpose of Heraldry is to quickly identify who your friends and foes are on the battlefield. Using large amounts of white and gold together on a design is not accepted (with the exception of the shield of the Church of Jerusalem - 3 gold crosses on a white shield) because you can't quickly identify such a design.

What does this have to do with uniform design? Probably not a whole lot. But what it does prove is for hundreds to thousands of years people have recognized that you don't mix large amounts of white with large amounts of gold, even though they technically match. A common statement made on this site is the helmet should match the home pants. What happens when you match the pants with the helmet? You get a white and gold mix.

Fashion divas say you don't mix black and blue and are unable to come up with a reason for the logic. Heraldic artists historically say you don't match white and gold for historical life-saving reasons.

One other thing - ask your wife if she'd wear large quantities of gold jewelry with large quantities of silver jewelry. Probably not, because they don't match. A decision that goes back to heraldry.

But hey, I'm just one fan among thousands...

Last edited by jdoggivjc; 08-23-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 24

cyingreen Please send your message to JP

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Heraldic artists are considered some of the best in history just because they had to come up with thousands of designs using limited space, objects, and color palette (they were only allowed to use one main color (red, blue, orange, green, purple, black) and one metal color (silver -or white-, gold). The purpose of Heraldry is to quickly identify who your friends and foes are on the battlefield. Using large amounts of white and gold together on a design is not accepted (with the exception of the shield of the Church of Jerusalem - 3 gold crosses on a white shield) because you can't quickly identify such a design.
    Helmets on head. Pants on legs. Red torso between.

Everyone knows white and yellow don't have enough CONTRAST to be the only 2 colors. Contrast for readability/recognizability is not the same thing as complementary and/or matching color schemes.

Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 102

white reminds me of our losing days a few years ago

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 29

I'd be fine with a white helmet with almost anything on it if we had white or cardinal pants to go with it. It's just the white helmet with the gold pants looks like someone hired a C+ average graphic or apparel designer to design our uniforms. It's why I've said I don't mind the white helmets with the road uniforms - cardinal, not gold, pants.
    I think you're onto something in that the CLASH OF COLORS aka mixing white helmets with gold pants for a home uni is just not gonna work. A road uni of white helmet...white jersey and gold pants would be fine with me. Also fine with me is a white helmet..white jersey and cardinal pants for the road uni.

If you're gonna have a white helmet at home then at least go with the ALL CARDINAL LOOK...with cardinal jersey and pants while at home. And please dont go with white pants and white helmet because it just reminds me of fusker nation and all those kool-aid sipping hicks from knebraski!!!

GO CLONES MAKE A LIAR OUT OF MARTY TYRELL....BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF KENT STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!