View Poll Results: What Juco System produces the best College Football Talent?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • CCCAA - California Community College Athletic Association

9 40.91%
  • KJCCC - Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference

6 27.27%
  • SWJCFC - Southwest Junior College Football Conference

5 22.73%
  • Jucos why are we talking Jucos? I'd prefer High Schoolers any day.

2 9.09%
    Rookie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Better Juco Division for Football Recruiting?

Seeing as we've had a couple classes with California heavy Juco recruits and now hopefully we've had more of a chance to evaluate the talent coming from both the premiere NJCAA - National Junior College Athletic Association (KJCCC and SWJCFC) and the CCCAA - California Community College Athletic Association, I'm curious what everyone thinks is a better pool of players for College Football.

CCCAA - includes City College of San Francisco, Mt. San Antonio, College of the Canyons, Sequoias, Butte College, Grossmont, Reedley, and El Camino
    or
    NJCAA with
    KJCCC - Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference - includes Butler, Dodge City, Garden City, Fort Scott, Coffeyville and Hutchinson Community Colleges
    and
    SWJCFC - Southwest Junior College Football Conference - includes Blinn, Cisco, Kilgore, Navarro, NE Oklahoma A&M and Trinity Valley and Tyler

Honor before Victory

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Better Juco Division for Football Recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by ljhlax View Post
    Seeing as we've had a couple classes with California heavy Juco recruits and now hopefully we've had more of a chance to evaluate the talent coming from both the premiere NJCAA - National Junior College Athletic Association (KJCCC and SWJCFC) and the CCCAA - California Community College Athletic Association, I'm curious what everyone thinks is a better pool of players for College Football.

CCCAA - includes City College of San Francisco, Mt. San Antonio, College of the Canyons, Sequoias, Butte College, Grossmont, Reedley, and El Camino
    or
    NJCAA with
    KJCCC - Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference - includes Butler, Dodge City, Garden City, Fort Scott, Coffeyville and Hutchinson Community Colleges
    and
    SWJCFC - Southwest Junior College Football Conference - includes Blinn, Cisco, Kilgore, Navarro, NE Oklahoma A&M and Trinity Valley and Tyler
    Obviously this poll will lean heavy toward CCCAA due to recent recruiting but, I know that ISU is recruiting more JC's than HS kids from CA only because of Herman's coaching experience in CA. But, if you truly want to know which conference is better for recruiting, you need to go back and research the impact the JC recruits from those conferences have had in the D-1 and NFL over that past 10 or so years. I can promise you that it will be a pain in the *** to find all of the data. However, it would be more accurate than asking a biased question on a blog for a team that has recruiting more from a "certain" area.

What I would bet though is more HS's have made better recruits than JC's over the long haul. Most of your perennial power teams "recruit and develop". The teams that are always trying for a quick fix are the ones that go after JC's. And those power teams that do bring in JC's do it more for depth than for building a team around the players.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I've heard alot of Blinn, Navarro, and Trinity Valley players in college football games.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Is Hargrave Academy a JUCO or Prep school? Seems like I always see quite a few BCS recruits from there every year...Also, I know they do not put out the quantity of recruits as the other leagues, but some of those Mississippi JUCOS seem to put out some real quality players.

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 41

anyone got a list handy of who came from which area the last 5 years?

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!