Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Insanity workout

For the record, I highly recommend this workout for anyone who simply wants to get into good all-around shape (cardio endurance, strength, flexibility) You're not going to bulk up with this program, but it will whip you into shape fast if you stick with it.

I have a question for anyone who has gone through this program. What did you do after you finished the 9-week program? I wrapped it up about a month ago, so I just took a day off and started over again. I'm about halfway through week four now.

What have others done? I was considering just easing off very slightly now that I'm "up on plane" by incorporating a second off day each week and skipping the weekly recovery workout. I know these are still useful exercises, but it was simply an option I was considering.

Starter
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Insanity workout

Bump.

I'm sure somebody here has done the insanity workout.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 9

Well you haven't stated what the Insanity workout is in any of your posts, so it is probably hard for anyone to reply.

Starter
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    Well you haven't stated what the Insanity workout is in any of your posts, so it is probably hard for anyone to reply.
    If you've done the Insanity workout, you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm looking for input from those who have completed the 9-week program. I want to know what they did afterwards.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

No thank you we have to do this in pe somedays. Everyone hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    And I'm thinking that cycofan just made the air, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'll be honest, Cycofan1 sounds much older than what he makes me believe on here.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

how long are the workouts?

Ive done P90x and its good but the workouts can be kind of long. After I learned the routines, I could cut 10-15 minutes off each.

I'm living the dream.

Walk On
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

I'm only vaguely familiar with Insanity.

You will want to increase intensity somehow (more weight, less rest, higher volume) if you want to keep seeing gains.

Also, I always recommend barbell weight training for strength. Squat, dead lift, clean(or jump shrug I actually prefer), overhead press, bench press, pull-up/chin-up, and core stability and anti-rotation.

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by psychlone99 View Post
    For the record, I highly recommend this workout for anyone who simply wants to get into good all-around shape (cardio endurance, strength, flexibility) You're not going to bulk up with this program, but it will whip you into shape fast if you stick with it.

I have a question for anyone who has gone through this program. What did you do after you finished the 9-week program? I wrapped it up about a month ago, so I just took a day off and started over again. I'm about halfway through week four now.

What have others done? I was considering just easing off very slightly now that I'm "up on plane" by incorporating a second off day each week and skipping the weekly recovery workout. I know these are still useful exercises, but it was simply an option I was considering.

From what I have seen......isn't "Insanity" a very intense aerobic program, with the addition of plyometrics? Having been through the aerobic crazed mid/late 80's as a trainer and trainee, experience was that unless one is training with a specific goal in mind i.e. athletic competition of some sort.....aerobic workouts like these that get you in shape ultra fast are not just physically, but mentally very hard to maintain. Your averge joe sixpack or susie homemaker one month.....will look like a fitness model the next. Only to morph back into their Clark Kent outfit 4 weeks later and never get back into it. Because they are fried. And regardless of how much the body says go....when the brain says no.....you watch a show. So my two cents would be to do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 966
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 251

Quote Originally Posted by psychlone99 View Post

I've done it and enjoyed it. I went back did the warm up and then some of the other things that I enjoyed doing.

Are you a member?