Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Dumbest thing you've done while sleepwalking/semi-conscious/half-asleep?

So I've had an interesting morning so far. I had a really weird nightmare and woke up, standing up, half-awake and still on edge. I wandered out of my bedroom into the living room, turned the lights on and came back to reality. At this point I was like "Okay, no biggie, back to bed."

Door's locked.

Somehow, the door hadn't unlocked when I opened it to leave in the first place (It's one of those crappy "push-in" button-style locks that usually pops out when you turn the handle from the inside). So I spent the last 25 minutes trying to jimmy the lock open, in my underwear without waking my roommates.

Luckily the door was a little crooked on its hinges and I was able to cram a butter knife in there and wedge the latch open. Even after I got it open the lock doesn't disengage when turning the handle so it wasn't really my fault, but it still got me thinking: what's the dumbest thing you've done while sleepwalking/semi-conscious/half-asleep? I just wanted to share since now I'm wide awake

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Re: Dumbest thing you've done while sleepwalking/semi-conscious/half-asleep?

I have gotten up at like 3 am before, thought the clock said 6:30 and began to start my daily routine of getting ready to go to work. Only to find out in like ten minutes thats its 3 in the damn morning.

R.I.P "Gibbons" 4/3/2012
    R.I.P RollsRoyce 4/12/2012

Pro
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,380
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 8

I suffer from a disorder called sleep fighting.
    Sleep Fighting on Vimeo

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 306
    Given: 86

****** (rhymes w/"hissed") in the oven.

Wake up in the morning to go to class, and see a puddle in front of the oven with the door down. I smell the puddle, and it doesn't smell like anything, so I clean it up and go on my way. I tell my girlfriend about it, and she thinks its strange too.

Several days later she turns on the oven to cook something, and all of a sudden this horrifying smell that can only be described as "burnt urine" infiltrates the apartment.

The best part is that I wasn't drunk when this happened. Just sleepwalking.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 64

Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    I have gotten up at like 3 am before, thought the clock said 6:30 and began to start my daily routine of getting ready to go to work. Only to find out in like ten minutes thats its 3 in the damn morning.
    This has happened to me on occasion. The worst is when you get all the way to the "shower" step of getting ready, only to determine after you've gotten out that you can try to go back to sleep.

One of my "favorite" half-asleep things to do is to mix up the OJ and the milk when pouring it into my cereal and glass. Trust me, there is no type of cereal that tastes good when you put OJ on it, no matter how much you may love OJ.

Starter
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by driegner View Post
    So I've had an interesting morning so far. I had a really weird nightmare and woke up, standing up, half-awake and still on edge. I wandered out of my bedroom into the living room, turned the lights on and came back to reality. At this point I was like "Okay, no biggie, back to bed."

Door's locked.

Somehow, the door hadn't unlocked when I opened it to leave in the first place (It's one of those crappy "push-in" button-style locks that usually pops out when you turn the handle from the inside). So I spent the last 25 minutes trying to jimmy the lock open, in my underwear without waking my roommates.

Luckily the door was a little crooked on its hinges and I was able to cram a butter knife in there and wedge the latch open. Even after I got it open the lock doesn't disengage when turning the handle so it wasn't really my fault, but it still got me thinking: what's the dumbest thing you've done while sleepwalking/semi-conscious/half-asleep? I just wanted to share since now I'm wide awake
    For future reference, the push button doors normally have a small circular opening on the opposite side from the "push button". If you insert a long round object such as a BIC pen cartridge and push while turning the door knob, the lock will release and open.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by driegner View Post

Door's locked.

must be nice to sleep in til 525 haha

Speechless
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 980
    Given: 520

My kid who was probably 9 or 10 at the time, went downstairs and turned on every light in the place, and then peed in the kitchen trashcan.

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    My kid who was probably 9 or 10 at the time, went downstairs and turned on every light in the place, and then peed in the kitchen trashcan.
    I can't condone the wanton waste of energy, even by a sleeping child, but who hasn't peed in the trash can?

Pro
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 6

Even worse when done on a Saturday....

All-Star
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 121

In a drunken blackout episode, wandered into the ex in-law's bedroom in the middle of the night in my tighty-whities, flipped on the light switch and was looking for a place to urinate.

Most of us had this scenario happen, drank too much most weekends in college (some weeknights also), wake up in the morning and have no idea where the car is parked, where clothes are, etc. Friends then filling you in on the many crazy things that happened. Come to think of it most of us could have written a "Hangover" type ******!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Dad?

That is unbelievable, because I did the same exact thing when I was around that age. I still remember walking downstairs into the kitchen, lifting the garbage can lid and going. Half way through I realize what I'm doing and both my parents walk in. I had no idea if I should have finished or not?

Rookie
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I slept walked outside once when I was 8 or 9. Can't remember if I went out the garage door, or the door in the garage, but I made enough noise to wake up my parents.

I remember multiple times in high school getting up at like 2 or 3am and starting to get ready for school.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 295

I've done that before, only the clock will say 2:30, but my tired mind will think it says 5:30, and I'll panic thinking I slept through my alarm, and therefore I'm running late for work. So, not only am I rushing trying to get ready for work, but I've developed an adrenaline rush in my panic. Shower, put my contacts in, shave, brush my teeth, and then head back to the bedroom to get dressed - only to find that the clock reads 3:15. So, not only do I have this adrenaline rush going, I'm now ****** on top of it. Usually don't go back to sleep too well after something like that.

I've only done that once since I've been married, but my wife was like "what the hell was that all about?"

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 208

The only thing I've ever done sleepwalking was take all the sheets and blankets off my bed, walk down the hall and put them in a laundry hamper, and then went back to bed.

My old roommate was a notorious sleepwalker though and had some great ones.