Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

An outsider's prediction

Hello Cyclone fans,

It's almost time for the season to start, so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in for discussion regarding your upcoming season.

This year prediction isn't going to be much different from last years. Lack of depth will hurt this team as the season progresses. Add in a change in system and philosophy, it makes for a difficult season. I'm predicting a 4-8 season (3-1 non-conference and 1-7 conference record with a win against KSU).

With Chizik and the transition to a new system, their will be deficiencies in special teams, penalties, etc... Lack a depth on the OL and defense will cause the team to wear down.

Good luck this year and I truly hope you beat the hawks.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

Re: An outsider's prediction

All I have to say is - I hope you aren't 2 for 2 on your predictions.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well would you like my prediction for NU also? They will fail to meet the national championship caliber expectations that are ingrained in Huskers minds. Iowa State will come to Lincoln September 29th and begin the full scale melt down beating the Huskers with the same passing attack that they thought was going to be there strength.

“Also, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I don’t want to leave any of that behind.” - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Wow, did you get that prediction from Sporting News? That's the same records basically every publication I've read has ISU. Way to go out on a limb there...

I've been predicting 4 or 5 wins all along but I'm thinking we more than likely go 2-2 in the non-conference. I really think we'll have our hands full at Toledo and I don't see that as an easy win game on the schedule. If I had to pick 1 Big 12 game we have the best shot at winning I'd probably pick Colorado not KSU.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

That is a fair and logical prediction coming from an outsider. I actually have us going 7-5 with wins against Kent St, UNI, Iowa, Toledo, KSU, CU & KU.

I am also predicting a 7-5 finish for Nebraska with wins against Nevada, Wake Forest, Ball St, ISU, KU, KSU & CU and losses to USC, MU, OSU, Texas A&M, Texas.

Rookie
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

fuskers 5-7 sorry Billy C

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 65

I think 7-5 is a long shot with this team.

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 174

I think most of what you talk about is probably correct. From what I've heard on the discipline though, I'm not sure that penalties will be a major factor for us. I think it was more of a problem in the past and hopefully one Coach Chizik has put a grasp on.

Unfortunately, I feel your win/loss prediction is probably right. I don't see any team in the North being that much of a power house that we couldn't be in any game. But, the lack of depth and experience, combined with the new system may end up being a big problem towards the end of any tight games. I would be pretty disappointed but, not surprised to see a 4-8 season. On the other side, I don't think it's anywhere impossible for the Cyclones to pull off a couple of close upsets and get to 6 wins.

The first game for the Cyclones will be very interesting to see. I'm really looking for a new attitude out of this team. IMO that's what could carry us and determine our success or another couldabeen team. In the North, I can see us being successful with the right attitude. For as much inexperience we have at some positioins, at others, we are loaded with experience and team leadership.

In the end, I see this being a season of Ups and downs. I feel we'll be competetive in the North, maybe even take a game we shouldn't have. But, I just don't see us yet being able to stay with the Big boys. Those will be disappointing games that I hope us as fans and the players can wash out of their heads and realize what this season will really be about. Starting a new Era at ISU.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NU Follower View Post
    Hello Cyclone fans,

It's almost time for the season to start, so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in for discussion regarding your upcoming season.

This year prediction isn't going to be much different from last years. Lack of depth will hurt this team as the season progresses. Add in a change in system and philosophy, it makes for a difficult season. I'm predicting a 4-8 season (3-1 non-conference and 1-7 conference record with a win against KSU).

With Chizik and the transition to a new system, their will be deficiencies in special teams, penalties, etc... Lack a depth on the OL and defense will cause the team to wear down.

Good luck this year and I truly hope you beat the hawks.
    Wow....impressive journalism. Way to read then write the same thing every other publication wrote about ISU and pass it off as your own. You forgot to mention that everyone thought Chiz should have started his head coaching career some where else......

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I am surprised a fusker fan has time to post on a Cyclone board when they are usually busy reporting on practices and counting their player's bowel movements....

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 65

Geesh you guys are in attack mode. Seems like he just wanted to generate a discussion.

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

Seems like everyone on this board is in full-scale paranoia mode. God forbid anyone should have a negative opinion outside the university on the football team.

I feel good about this season being a surprise, but we'll have to wait until the 30th to be certain.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

cyclONEnation
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 64

There was a time when CF would accept those few non Cyclones that came here and at least humored them. That time has passed, yikes, Incyte is correct, you guys are in attack mode.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Geesh you guys are in attack mode. Seems like he just wanted to generate a discussion.
    Perhaps I would be less harsh if the post had anything different to say that anyone else. This quote from RedStorm sums it up from me:

Wow....impressive journalism. Way to read then write the same thing every other publication wrote about ISU and pass it off as your own.

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by C.John View Post
    There was a time when CF would accept those few non Cyclones that came here and at least humored them. That time has passed, yikes, Incyte is correct, you guys are in attack mode.
    I miss that time. It's what made CF different from other message boards out there, and that's why I signed up to participate here instead of somewhere else. Now, it's becoming hard to distinguish this board from the others, and that's sad...