Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    I am being serious here. What the **** are we going to do? We don't have an OC yet. IMO, i want to pay all the money the Eagles want to get Kolb. Just get his *** here. This is a win now league. If we don't plan on getting Kolb just get someone else other than T-Joke or Joe Webb. They are not starters in this league. Tarvaris shouldn't even be in the NFL. If the Vikings(They are probably dumb enough to do this) stick with Tarvaris or Joe Webb as a starter i will not follow them. Not one game. They are just wanting to fail if they pull some kind of stupid *** stunt like that. Go get Kolb, McNabb, Palmer, Orton, or even draft a QB. ANYBODY but Tavaris or Joe Webb. Hell, even sign Sage back. ANYBODY but them two.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  2. #2
    Starter LonoClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    679
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    I am being serious here. What the **** are we going to do? We don't have an OC yet. IMO, i want to pay all the money the Eagles want to get Kolb. Just get his *** here. This is a win now league. If we don't plan on getting Kolb just get someone else other than T-Joke or Joe Webb. They are not starters in this league. Tarvaris shouldn't even be in the NFL. If the Vikings(They are probably dumb enough to do this) stick with Tarvaris or Joe Webb as a starter i will not follow them. Not one game. They are just wanting to fail if they pull some kind of stupid *** stunt like that. Go get Kolb, McNabb, Palmer, Orton, or even draft a QB. ANYBODY but Tavaris or Joe Webb. Hell, even sign Sage back. ANYBODY but them two.
    Well that's just about par for the course for you, isn't it? How many times a day do you make this threat about something?

    Clones21: Mom, if you burn my toast one more time, I swear I'm never gonna eat here again!!!
    Mom: Are you going to move out of the basement, too?
    Clones21: Let's not get hasty.


    Wear the fox hat.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 211,730, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,771
    Points
    211,730
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 1,248

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Oh boy Clones21 giving up his fanhood once again!! Color me shocked.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 160,864, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,101
    Points
    160,864
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 92

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by LonoClone View Post
    Well that's just about par for the course for you, isn't it? How many times a day do you make this threat about something?

    Clones21: Mom, if you burn my toast one more time, I swear I'm never gonna eat here again!!!
    Mom: Are you going to move out of the basement, too?
    Clones21: Let's not get hasty.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 54,145, Level: 72
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,405
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,236
    Points
    54,145
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    I am being serious here. What the **** are we going to do? We don't have an OC yet. IMO, i want to pay all the money the Eagles want to get Kolb. Just get his *** here. This is a win now league. If we don't plan on getting Kolb just get someone else other than T-Joke or Joe Webb. They are not starters in this league. Tarvaris shouldn't even be in the NFL. If the Vikings(They are probably dumb enough to do this) stick with Tarvaris or Joe Webb as a starter i will not follow them. Not one game. They are just wanting to fail if they pull some kind of stupid *** stunt like that. Go get Kolb, McNabb, Palmer, Orton, or even draft a QB. ANYBODY but Tavaris or Joe Webb. Hell, even sign Sage back. ANYBODY but them two.
    Can you say Donovan McFlabb.....sign him to a 2 year deal, hes good enough with that stable of offense to succeed much like he did in Philly.

    But think about this....the bigger concern better be they tagged Greenway yesterday, which means Rice can become a unrestricted free agent (he's gone).

    But this years qb class will be deep, and either Newton or Mallett would be available at the vikings pick this year. Both could be franchise qb's if given the opportunity to succeed which minnesota offers in a quality defense and talented offensive options. Dont be surprised to see Cam Newton in the cities...



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by LonoClone View Post
    Well that's just about par for the course for you, isn't it? How many times a day do you make this threat about something?

    Clones21: Mom, if you burn my toast one more time, I swear I'm never gonna eat here again!!!
    Mom: Are you going to move out of the basement, too?
    Clones21: Let's not get hasty.
    Well i am being serious about the NFL. I can hardly watch it any more anyways. But geesh. How dumb do you have to be not to go get a QB?


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 405,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,386
    Points
    405,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 498

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    There are not that many decent qbs out there that are available.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    There are not that many decent qbs out there that are available.
    Decent is better than Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    I would rather have Patrick Ramsey starting.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 558,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,471
    Points
    558,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 158

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    Oh boy Clones21 giving up his fanhood once again!! Color me shocked.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 110,306, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,193
    Points
    110,306
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 359

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Can you say Donovan McFlabb.....sign him to a 2 year deal, hes good enough with that stable of offense to succeed much like he did in Philly.

    But think about this....the bigger concern better be they tagged Greenway yesterday, which means Rice can become a unrestricted free agent (he's gone).

    But this years qb class will be deep, and either Newton or Mallett would be available at the vikings pick this year. Both could be franchise qb's if given the opportunity to succeed which minnesota offers in a quality defense and talented offensive options. Dont be surprised to see Cam Newton in the cities...
    I don't want to see the Vikings go the way of the career-end veteran yet again (McMahon, George, Cunningham, Favre; Need I go on?).

    I also don't want any of the current QB's and I don't want a rookie at the helm. I think the window is closing for the rest of the aging roster and they need someone who can come in and be solid right now.

    For those reasons I think Kolb would be a good fit. But nothing can get done until they agree on a new CBA, isn't that right?

    If they do nothing, I won't renounce them, but I may vomit.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 78,663, Level: 87
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,487
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,895
    Points
    78,663
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 40

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    what are their chances of getting andrew luck if they wait until next year and then try and trade for him?



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 101,531, Level: 99
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,519
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,178
    Points
    101,531
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 24

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Sage Rosenfels. Oh wait, they got rid of him. Stupid is as stupid does. 6-10, meet the Vikes.



  14. #14
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Well i am being serious about the NFL. I can hardly watch it any more anyways. But geesh. How dumb do you have to be not to go get a QB?
    Hardly watch, yet you posted in every single game thread about the Vikings this year.

    I heard the Vikings are going to sign Ricky Stanzi. Will you still cheer for them than? Or will the fact that he is an Ex Hawk drive you to stop cheering for them?



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 73,610, Level: 84
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,240
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,355
    Points
    73,610
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 75

    Re: What the heck are the Vikings going to do at QB?

    I would call Bill Musgrave an offensive coordinator. They will either draft someone or develop Webb. Besides Webb started only 2 games. he beat a good Philadelphia team and played decent in a season ending loss to the Lions. Webb isn't bad. Not everybody get's Matt Ryan.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. Texas Tech
  • November 22, 2014
  • 02:30 PM