Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

K-State Implosion

Every day the Lincoln Journal-Star throws in some tidbits about future opponents of kNU. Today it was K-State.

"Josh Freeman didn't complete a pass in 11-on-11 drills, nobody has emerged as a No. 1 kicker or left guard, a defensive tackle quit the team and Ron Prince made some assistant coaches run stadium stairs after a Saturday practice the head coach labeled "stormy."

The Wichita Eagle reported that false starts, dropped passes and Freeman's struggles all led to Prince making the entire offense, some coaches included, run stadium steps. Also Alphonso Moran, who had three tackles for loss last year against Nebraska, has quit.

As for a left guard? Prince told the Eagle, "We don't have one."

Then this morning on sports talk radio - KSU's TE (Rucker?) was arrested TWICE Saturday night. Both times in arguments with an ex-girlfriend. He spent the weekend in jail with a $2,000 bond.

Last edited by cyclonelifer; 08-20-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 9

Re: K-State Implosion

Making the couches run stairs??? Classic.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Josh Freeman didn't complete a pass in 11 on 11 drills? KSU doesn't have a left guard? The Clown Prince made his ASSISTANT coaches run stairs in the stadium?

What was this again about KSU competing for the north title?

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 177

It's generally assumed that we'll beat Kent St, No Iowa, and Toledo. Iowa's looking more and more like they're going to have problems fielding a team. K-State doesn't have a QB that can complete a pass in drills or a left side of the line, Nebraska is one or two steps from implosion, Colorado's a mess, Pinkel can't coach - and people think that we can't find 6 wins in our schedule anywhere?

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chadm View Post
    Beat me to it...

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 14

What makes you say Nebraska is one or two steps away from an implosion? Also the Colorado Statement? Just wondering what you're basing it on?

Swarm & Punish
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 81

I am knocking on wood...... UofI, KSU ..... oh man.

could 7 wins be easier than thought???

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

there's a reason why I picked KSU to tie for 6th in the North....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    +
    Prince is the reincarnation of Bobby Knight.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    What makes you say Nebraska is one or two steps away from an implosion? Also the Colorado Statement? Just wondering what you're basing it on?
    OK, Nebraska might be a little far out there, but have they even announced their starting QB yet? I mean, going into the season, I thought Wonderboy from ASU was supposed to be the winner hands-down. Just the fact that he is having (or had, whichever the case) to battle with a freshman QB in a scheme that is highly pass-centric does not bode well for their offense. Throw in the Purify incident and things are not a bed of roses in Big Red Land.

As far as Colorado, I honestly don't believe that their talent level is 30 points more than ours was last year. Colorado is a team that basically had to start over from the ground up after all the scandal. I think what they did to us last year was their lone bright spot of the season. It was so painfully obvious our team had given up by that point in the season that, even though we were the more talented team, Colorado blew us out of the water.

Actually, just the fact that Mac allowed the players to give up on the end of the season last year makes comparing this year's Cyclone's team to Kansas, KSU, and Colorado games kind of ridiculous. I'd say last year we were more talented than each of those three games, and had Chizik been coaching last year I think we blow all three out of the water. We have some of that talent back and Chizik has added some good JUCO pieces to the puzzle this year. But honestly, trying to compare this year's team to KU, KSU, and CU based on performances from last year is kind of ridiculous just because we just don't know how we stack up this year. We could be significantly better than them this year. We could be more talented this year and Chizik hasn't been around long enough for his program to sink in yet. That's why there's such a wide range of opinion as to the record we're going to finish with this year - the most common answer being anywhere between 4-8 to 8-4. Talk to realistic Iowa fans (those that you could actually find, and before yesterday's multiple arrests) and they would have told you their record would have been anywhere between 8-4 to 10-2. That's much more concentrated because they tend to know what kind of talent they have and how it compares to the schedule they're up against. Although it's fun to do so, we just realistically can't make those kinds of predictions this year with this team. There's just too much unknown.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 245

My prediction for Nebraska will be an eventual implosion caused by mediocrity. Callahan doesn't have forever to get them back to the promised land, and I don't think he has the stuff to do it. I still think Hawkins will turn things around at Colorado though.

Swarm & Punish
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 81

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    OK, Nebraska might be a little far out there, but have they even announced their starting QB yet? I mean, going into the season, I thought Wonderboy from ASU was supposed to be the winner hands-down. Just the fact that he is having (or had, whichever the case) to battle with a freshman QB in a scheme that is highly pass-centric does not bode well for their offense. Throw in the Purify incident and things are not a bed of roses in Big Red Land.

As far as Colorado, I honestly don't believe that their talent level is 30 points more than ours was last year. Colorado is a team that basically had to start over from the ground up after all the scandal. I think what they did to us last year was their lone bright spot of the season. It was so painfully obvious our team had given up by that point in the season that, even though we were the more talented team, Colorado blew us out of the water.

Actually, just the fact that Mac allowed the players to give up on the end of the season last year makes comparing this year's Cyclone's team to Kansas, KSU, and Colorado games kind of ridiculous. I'd say last year we were more talented than each of those three games, and had Chizik been coaching last year I think we blow all three out of the water. We have some of that talent back and Chizik has added some good JUCO pieces to the puzzle this year. But honestly, trying to compare this year's team to KU, KSU, and CU based on performances from last year is kind of ridiculous just because we just don't know how we stack up this year. We could be significantly better than them this year. We could be more talented this year and Chizik hasn't been around long enough for his program to sink in yet. That's why there's such a wide range of opinion as to the record we're going to finish with this year - the most common answer being anywhere between 4-8 to 8-4. Talk to realistic Iowa fans (those that you could actually find, and before yesterday's multiple arrests) and they would have told you their record would have been anywhere between 8-4 to 10-2. That's much more concentrated because they tend to know what kind of talent they have and how it compares to the schedule they're up against. Although it's fun to do so, we just realistically can't make those kinds of predictions this year with this team. There's just too much unknown.
    Well put.

My hope/concern/prayer is if we melt down against Texas and/or OU is that we bounce back... and move on. It seems teams of past couldn't move on from a big loss. While I want us to make a game of it with OU and TX, I am okay if we don't .... Just as long as we are 'in it' for the other 9 games. Basically, I trust/pray/hope this staff can get the team to move past last week and continue to believe in themselves.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep