Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 31,836, Level: 54
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,178
    Points
    31,836
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 13

    There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    From Todays Cedar Rapids Gazette about Douglas and Bowman:

    "...University of Iowa police are continuing to investigate the alleged crimes.

    ``It's still being investigated to see if other people are involved,'' said Lt. Pete Berkson, public information officer for the University of Iowa police.


    Two Hawkeye football players arrested | GazetteOnline.com - Cedar Rapids, Iowa City



  2. #2
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    927
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    From Todays Cedar Rapids Gazette about Douglas and Bowman:

    "...University of Iowa police are continuing to investigate the alleged crimes.

    ``It's still being investigated to see if other people are involved,'' said Lt. Pete Berkson, public information officer for the University of Iowa police.


    Two Hawkeye football players arrested | GazetteOnline.com - Cedar Rapids, Iowa City
    You can bet that at a minimum other FB players knew exactly where the $$$ for the bling came from. This didn't occur in a vacuum.

    Iowa may be able to spin this into "nobody else knew" but inside that locker room everyone will know the truth and this could be very disruptive to the buzzards. That would really be too bad!


    'tiny little text etched into her neck it said "jesus lived and died for all your sins." she's got blue black ink and it's scratched into her lower back. it said: "damn right i'll rise again." yeah, damn right you'll rise again.'

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 452,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,746
    Points
    452,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 39

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    I read someone there could be 8-9 total people involved. That would be classic!


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  4. #4
    POOTMFS
    Points: 89,451, Level: 93
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,785
    Points
    89,451
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    I read someone there could be 8-9 total people involved. That would be classic!
    As long as nobody from Ames is involved.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 31,836, Level: 54
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,178
    Points
    31,836
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 13

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Some of the Facebook material (from Douglas/Bowman) shows them posing with a considerable amount of cash (well in excess of $2,000). Arvell Nelson's (the back-up Q-back that forgot to go to court on a different charge) Facebook page also showed pictures with bundles of cash.

    I think there will be a lot of folks that would be interested in knowing were all the cash came from....

    By the way, Bowman has already changed some of the pictures in his facebook.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 19,757, Level: 42
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    iccyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,405
    Points
    19,757
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

    Wink Re: There May Be More to the Hawks Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    From Todays Cedar Rapids Gazette about Douglas and Bowman:
    "...University of Iowa police are continuing to investigate the alleged crimes.
    Not to make fun of UI's finest, but the UI Police force has been in the paper quite a bit lately and none of it's particularly flattering. They just got new offices in the basement of the remodeled downtown mall after being in trailers for some time; the new U President is surprised they don't get to carry firearms; they're all excited about installing CCTV cameras on campus. In short, they're not real high priority and far from cutting edge. If they're in charge of the investigation, I doubt the charges will get past Douglas & Bowman...


    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 140,900, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Flag Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,090
    Points
    140,900
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    UI's police were in trailers back when I was a Boy Scout there for merit badge university... it was atleast 6 years ago



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 28,095, Level: 51
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,378
    Points
    28,095
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 9

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    I read someone there could be 8-9 total people involved. That would be classic!
    I'm hearing from a mod on one of the hawk sites that there are others involved also. He didn't quote a number, but IF it is 8 or 9 (and that's a big IF) it's no longer just a rogue bad guy here or there, but a serious problem within the program.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 400,780, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,328
    Points
    400,780
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 389

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Picture of 19 year old Anthony Bowman:


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  10. #10
    cyclONEnation
    Points: 236,648, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    C.John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,439
    Points
    236,648
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 49

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Picture of 19 year old Anthony Bowman:
    King Kong ain't got S*** on him. That there is one bad muther...



  11. #11
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,384
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Shut yer mouth!

    But, baby, I'm jest talkin' 'bout Shaft... errr, Bowman!



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 352,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,870
    Points
    352,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Interesting comment on the ESPN story about this. The poster says that he was there from 1999-2002 and the same scam was being run by athletes there.

    scorpionsigma1914 (8/20/2007 at 5:35 PM) As an African American Alumni of Iowa, former resident of Pheasant Ridge (the low income apartments the coaches son lived at) and avid Hawk fan, this situation is extremely upsetting. I have always been one to gripe about the lack of African American students and athletes at Iowa, but this is the kind of situation that makes that argument void and strengthens the stereo types. If its not Florida nuckle heads then it is Detroit nuckle heads. Bottom line there is not much to do in Iowa, go to school, play ball and graduate, its too bad those are the ingredients for getting into trouble. Iowa has never really been the farm route to the NFL, but Iowa is looking to be the easy way in for criminals. The two recievers need to go obviously, and from my scources in Iowa city, there are few more athletes in on the credit card scam...of which has been going on since I was at the school back in 99-2002. As I stated before this in another black eye for the very small and shrinking African American community at U of I. Before people try to defend these thugs with the NCAA not letting athletes work argument, the bottome line is that these guys had a free education, tutors, fans, groupies, plenty of money under the table...but they got stupid, got greedy and will get booted!


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 87,140, Level: 91
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,132
    Points
    87,140
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Hmmm That under the table comment gives me pause.



  14. #14
    Walk On
    Points: 8,420, Level: 27
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    139
    Points
    8,420
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyfan View Post
    Interesting comment on the ESPN story about this. The poster says that he was there from 1999-2002 and the same scam was being run by athletes there.

    scorpionsigma1914 (8/20/2007 at 5:35 PM) As an African American Alumni of Iowa, former resident of Pheasant Ridge (the low income apartments the coaches son lived at) and avid Hawk fan, this situation is extremely upsetting. I have always been one to gripe about the lack of African American students and athletes at Iowa, but this is the kind of situation that makes that argument void and strengthens the stereo types. If its not Florida nuckle heads then it is Detroit nuckle heads. Bottom line there is not much to do in Iowa, go to school, play ball and graduate, its too bad those are the ingredients for getting into trouble. Iowa has never really been the farm route to the NFL, but Iowa is looking to be the easy way in for criminals. The two recievers need to go obviously, and from my scources in Iowa city, there are few more athletes in on the credit card scam...of which has been going on since I was at the school back in 99-2002. As I stated before this in another black eye for the very small and shrinking African American community at U of I. Before people try to defend these thugs with the NCAA not letting athletes work argument, the bottome line is that these guys had a free education, tutors, fans, groupies, plenty of money under the table...but they got stupid, got greedy and will get booted!
    I hope thats not just BS cause those are some serious alligations.

    ....also ..I hate it when people make excuses by saying iowa is boring...sure some parts are But there is plenty to do in Iowa City. Cause Miami or wherever has never had any trouble with athletes right?! "Bottom line there is not much to do in Miami, go to school, play ball and graduate, its too bad those are the ingredients for getting into trouble."



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 31,397, Level: 54
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    Points
    31,397
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 2

    Re: There May Be More the Hawks Problem

    My thought, that guy never played at Iowa and is not a Hawk fan. He is prob. a fan of ISU, Wiscy or Illinois just trying to stir the pot even more.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM