Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 184,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,510
    Points
    184,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 546

    Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Im not sure why people are getting so worked up over who starts next year. Im looking to have a team that has 8-9 guys that all play around or over 20 minutes per game. Just look at the mizzou minutes per game, seems pretty even through the top 8.
    Missouri Tigers 2010-11 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

    Im assuming Fred will want to run and press more than he is this year. We will be subbing all the time. Why does it matter who starts?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,416, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,068
    Points
    42,416
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 29

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    I was just thinking the exact same thing looking through those threads



  3. #3
    Mariner Moose
    Points: 54,071, Level: 72
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,479
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    3,373
    Points
    54,071
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 588

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Good point. I'm definitely excited to see a team that doesn't have to play three guys 35+ minutes per game.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 55,211, Level: 72
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,708
    Points
    55,211
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 69

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    We are going to be getting so many better looks with a strong presence down low too!!
    Can't wait!!


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 176,996, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,487
    Points
    176,996
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 80

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Im not sure why people are getting so worked up over who starts next year. Im looking to have a team that has 8-9 guys that all play around or over 20 minutes per game. Just look at the mizzou minutes per game, seems pretty even through the top 8.
    Missouri Tigers 2010-11 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

    Im assuming Fred will want to run and press more than he is this year. We will be subbing all the time. Why does it matter who starts?
    I am not as worried about who starts. I am more wondering what kind of lineup we are using.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 72,425, Level: 83
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SvrWxCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,851
    Points
    72,425
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Definitely agree with you there... It doesn't matter which guard combination is going to be starting, as they are all going to see significant playing time next year. We want to run non-stop, press and score quickly; meaning we are going to need way more than 5 guys with significant time. There will easily be 8-9 guys playing significant minutes next year with our system.

    Now if only we could get those other threads to stop and think about this for a second...



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 184,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,510
    Points
    184,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 546

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    I am not as worried about who starts. I am more wondering what kind of lineup we are using.

    The only difference will likely be that we wont have to use a PG to create shots for everyone else. We will be much less reliant on a PG (than this year).

    Otherwise, we will likely be seeing a TON of different combinations of guys on the court.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 55,211, Level: 72
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,708
    Points
    55,211
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 69

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    Definitely agree with you there... It doesn't matter which guard combination is going to be starting, as they are all going to see significant playing time next year. We want to run non-stop, press and score quickly; meaning we are going to need way more than 5 guys with significant time. There will easily be 8-9 guys playing significant minutes next year with our system.

    Now if only we could get those other threads to stop and think about this for a second...
    That'll never happen though!! haha
    Let's look at who will be getting good minutes rather than starting.

    Guard: McGee, Bubu, Chris A, Scottie
    Guard/Forward (depending on 2-3 guard system): Babb, Ejim
    Forwards: CG, Royce, Railey, Booker

    Am I missing anybody?


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 184,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,510
    Points
    184,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 546

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    That'll never happen though!! haha
    Let's look at who will be getting good minutes rather than starting.

    Guard: McGee, Bubu, Chris A, Scottie
    Guard/Forward (depending on 2-3 guard system): Babb, Ejim
    Forwards: CG, Royce, Railey, Booker

    Am I missing anybody?

    Yes. Sledge, Odunsi



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 176,996, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,487
    Points
    176,996
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 80

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    The only difference will likely be that we wont have to use a PG to create shots for everyone else. We will be much less reliant on a PG (than this year).

    Otherwise, we will likely be seeing a TON of different combinations of guys on the court.

    All good points, but I still think we will settle on either a 2 guard or 3 guard look most of the time, rather than flip flopping.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 176,996, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,487
    Points
    176,996
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 80

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Maybe we should consolidate all these threads under that one that was started right after the game?



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 55,211, Level: 72
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,708
    Points
    55,211
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 69

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Yes. Sledge, Odunsi
    I'm looking at big time minutes. Not that I don't think those guys will contribute minutes. I think they will put in minutes much like what Railey was doing before JVB got hurt or what Bubu and CG were doing at the beginning of the year. It would be nice to see a progression much like Bubu or CG out of Sledge and Odunsi though.


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    I see Bubu getting very few minutes.. I like the kid, he stepped in this year when needed and has done fairly well but just dont see him getting much PT next year with all the new people coming in



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 271,402, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,518
    Points
    271,402
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 36

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    It matter because if TM, CA, SC, CG, RW start then it means I am right.


    Duh.




  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,098, Level: 74
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clone5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,547
    Points
    58,098
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Next year starting 5? Does it matter?

    We'll see a lot of minutes from Royce and Allen and everybody else it will depend on the night IMO. Starters won't matter at all.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM