Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

How about THESE new guys....

I know we're all excited each year to see how the new class pans out, but I can't wait to see how some of these 2nd and 3rd yr. players have matured and how they can help us this year: Rony Nelson, Walter Woods, Wille Scott, Aaron Moore, Jarred Black (SR?), Adrian Bennett, Alber Gary, J. George, D. Hollis, Brandon Jenson, Nick Kron, F. Mattison, CJ Morgan, Dontrell Pete (is he coming back?).

Some of these boys have already helped out here and there, but I'm anxious to see what they can do after another year in the weight and practice programs! I know some of them have had some issues, but let's hope all can get or stay eligble and contribute! Can't wait for the spring game!

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

Re: How about THESE new guys....

Quote Originally Posted by ISU0454 View Post
    I know we're all excited each year to see how the new class pans out, but I can't wait to see how some of these 2nd and 3rd yr. players have matured and how they can help us this year: Rony Nelson, Walter Woods, Wille Scott, Aaron Moore, Jarred Black (SR?), Adrian Bennett, Alber Gary, J. George, D. Hollis, Brandon Jenson, Nick Kron, F. Mattison, CJ Morgan, Dontrell Pete (is he coming back?).

Some of these boys have already helped out here and there, but I'm anxious to see what they can do after another year in the weight and practice programs! I know some of them have had some issues, but let's hope all can get or stay eligble and contribute! Can't wait for the spring game!
    Dontrelle Pate went the juco route. And didn't I hear Kron was already gone?

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    I haven't heard anything about that, I know he grayshirted this last year.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303

Quote Originally Posted by ISU0454 View Post

I too am excited about some of these guys. Not too many true freshmen come in and contribute right away. It's these guys mentioned above that are going to be the "new" guys on the field this year.

Jarrod Black is a senior and has yet to do anything, so I'm not expecting much of anything from him, but if Walter Woods is good enough to provide some minutes that would help a LOT.

One of the first names out of Arnaud's mouth when Chris asked him about who might surprise some people this year was CJ Morgan. I think he might be an impact player for us at either safety, LB, or the nickel back position.

Duran Hollis I think will also play a lot. Shontrelle is the man I think, but it sounds like Woody might become more of an H-back/FB/TE hybrid type guy, which opens up the #2 spot completely.... and Hollis was mentioned a lot from the coaches last year as a guy they nearly didn't RS because he was that good.

I'm also on the Jarvis West bandwagon big time. We need to get the ball in his hands on some sweep passes, screens, etc. He could be dangerous. I also hope that Gary and Young can help the WR position a bunch. Along with Jennert of course. I know this has been over analyzed, but Jennert is one of the best athletes on the team. He really is a freak of a talent. It sounds like he just needs to dedicate himself mentally to becoming the best, instead of thinking he's already the best. Just from what I've heard.

One guy I'm very intrigued about, and nobody is talking about at all, is Willie Scott. Does anyone know what kind of potential he has? I know he was way too small to play DE last year, he was listed on the roster at 6'2" 223. Hopefully this year he's up over 230 lbs at least.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I too am excited about some of these guys. Not too many true freshmen come in and contribute right away. It's these guys mentioned above that are going to be the "new" guys on the field this year.

Jarrod Black is a senior and has yet to do anything, so I'm not expecting much of anything from him, but if Walter Woods is good enough to provide some minutes that would help a LOT.

One of the first names out of Arnaud's mouth when Chris asked him about who might surprise some people this year was CJ Morgan. I think he might be an impact player for us at either safety, LB, or the nickel back position.

Duran Hollis I think will also play a lot. Shontrelle is the man I think, but it sounds like Woody might become more of an H-back/FB/TE hybrid type guy, which opens up the #2 spot completely.... and Hollis was mentioned a lot from the coaches last year as a guy they nearly didn't RS because he was that good.

I'm also on the Jarvis West bandwagon big time. We need to get the ball in his hands on some sweep passes, screens, etc. He could be dangerous. I also hope that Gary and Young can help the WR position a bunch. Along with Jennert of course. I know this has been over analyzed, but Jennert is one of the best athletes on the team. He really is a freak of a talent. It sounds like he just needs to dedicate himself mentally to becoming the best, instead of thinking he's already the best. Just from what I've heard.

One guy I'm very intrigued about, and nobody is talking about at all, is Willie Scott. Does anyone know what kind of potential he has? I know he was way too small to play DE last year, he was listed on the roster at 6'2" 223. Hopefully this year he's up over 230 lbs at least.
    I like Willie Scott's game. When he played in the UNI game he looked FAST. I agree he was small last year, but I would think he would be up around 235 now/next year. We started Neal last year and he weighed 235, with Scott your gonna get speed though, instead of Neal only giving you hustle.

Last, last year we played Josh Raven on a three man line against Mizzou for some speed. I wouldn't mind Scott getting that spot atleast.

Of the other guys that are going to have to step up I like Deon Broomfield and Jacques Washington.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95

Playing time at DE is going to be tough to come by...we have 4 pretty solid players at that position...so Scott will have to really "bring it" to get in the rotation. I do think it will be very interesting to see who takes control of that 3rd Linebacker position. Safety is completely up for grabs so that competition should be entertaining as well.

Prospect
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think tad ecby and quinton bundrage look like the real deal! hopefully they will see action and possibly start as true freshmen and nealy of course!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 627
    Given: 394

I think Horne will be the One. He can adjust to catch the ball.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,521
    Given: 145

Quote Originally Posted by zach1987 View Post
    I think tad ecby and quinton bundrage look like the real deal! hopefully they will see action and possibly start as true freshmen and nealy of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I think Horne will be the One. He can adjust to catch the ball.
    Isn't the OP specifically talking about 2nd and 3rd year players who haven't had the opportunity to play yet due to redshirt/depth chart/academics, and not guys in this year's recruiting class?

Count me as excited to see Jarvis West, Nelson, and Woods get some playing time.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Addict
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303

Quote Originally Posted by zach1987 View Post
    On the offensive side of the ball, I can only see Jantz, Horne, and Nealy seeing any action next year. Jantz and Horne only because they are JUCO's, and you generally sign JUCO's to provide depth immediately. And Nealy because I think he was the gem of this class and he can be dangerous in that slot position.

I don't think Ecby or Bundrage are even close to being ready physically yet. And I don't really see Standard getting minutes ahead of SJ, Woody, White, or Hollis either... so why play him?

Oops... I forgot about Ernst Brun and Sam Tautolo. They will also play some since they are JUCO transfers.

Walk On
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I ran into CJ in the airport on my way back from Florida over winter break. Saw someone with an ISU hat on in the Orlando airport and was on the same flight into Memphis on the way back to DSM. Introduced myself in Memphis and he told me who he was. He told me that if he continues to do the things that he needs to do that he could be starting at safety next year and that was part of the strategy behind his RS last year. Very nice young man!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    Kron is on the team. however jerrod black left the team I've heard