Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Jackson and the team head over to Lincoln for our last Big XII dual (possibly ever, who knows what'll happen next year with the conference for wrestling). We match up with Nebraska fairly well and I think we can pull this one out.


    125 Brandon Jones (4-17) NR/NR vs. David Klingsheim (7-9) NR/NR

    133 Ben Cash (4-16) NR/NR vs. Ridge Kiley (19-11) NR/NR

    141 Chris Drouin (12-8) 15/18 vs. Todd Schavrien (16-10) NR/NR

    149 Max Mayfield (13-12) NR/NR vs. Ross Grande (18-18) NR/NR

    157 Trent Weatherman (13-14) NR/NR vs. Tyler Koehn (7-8) NR/NR

    165 Andrew Sorenson (16-5) 7/9 vs. Jordan Burroughs (28-0) 1/1

    174 Jon Reader (31-0) 1/1 vs. Caleb Kolb (15-12) NR/NR

    184 Cole Shafer (8-16) NR/NR vs. Josh Ihnen (23-7) 10/10

    197 Jerome Ward (15-5) 14/14 vs. Andy Johnson (24-9) 13/13

    HWT Kyle Simonson (23-7) NR/NR vs. Tucker Lane (22-6) 11/9



    Here's my predictions:
    125: Jones by decision 3-0
    133: Kiley by major. 3-4
    141: Drouin by decision. 6-4
    149: Mayfield by decision. 9-4
    157: Weatherman by decision. 12-4
    165: Burroughs by major. 12-8
    174: Reader by tech fall. 17-8
    184: Ihnen by decision. 17-11
    197: Ward by decision. 20-11
    HWT: Lane by decision. 20-14

    Only a one match margin for error, but I feel good about pulling this one out. Jones and Weatherman will be key to winning this one.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 34,466, Level: 57
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,801
    Points
    34,466
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 91

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Jackson and the team head over to Lincoln for our last Big XII dual (possibly ever, who knows what'll happen next year with the conference for wrestling). We match up with Nebraska fairly well and I think we can pull this one out.


    125 Brandon Jones (4-17) NR/NR vs. David Klingsheim (7-9) NR/NR

    133 Ben Cash (4-16) NR/NR vs. Ridge Kiley (19-11) NR/NR

    141 Chris Drouin (12-8) 15/18 vs. Todd Schavrien (16-10) NR/NR

    149 Max Mayfield (13-12) NR/NR vs. Ross Grande (18-18) NR/NR

    157 Trent Weatherman (13-14) NR/NR vs. Tyler Koehn (7-8) NR/NR

    165 Andrew Sorenson (16-5) 7/9 vs. Jordan Burroughs (28-0) 1/1

    174 Jon Reader (31-0) 1/1 vs. Caleb Kolb (15-12) NR/NR

    184 Cole Shafer (8-16) NR/NR vs. Josh Ihnen (23-7) 10/10

    197 Jerome Ward (15-5) 14/14 vs. Andy Johnson (24-9) 13/13

    HWT Kyle Simonson (23-7) NR/NR vs. Tucker Lane (22-6) 11/9



    Here's my predictions:
    125: Jones by decision 3-0
    133: Kiley by major. 3-4
    141: Drouin by decision. 6-4
    149: Mayfield by decision. 9-4
    157: Weatherman by decision. 12-4
    165: Burroughs by major. 12-8
    174: Reader by tech fall. 17-8
    184: Ihnen by decision. 17-11
    197: Ward by decision. 20-11
    HWT: Lane by decision. 20-14

    Only a one match margin for error, but I feel good about pulling this one out. Jones and Weatherman will be key to winning this one.
    I agree with your predictions. Hoping Sorenson can keep it to a decision and not get hurt like Spangler did



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Is Simonson going to be back at Heavy? I was just guessing for the line-up, since neither ISU or Nebraska has it on their site. Also, anybody know why both he and Gibson were out last week?



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 34,466, Level: 57
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,801
    Points
    34,466
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 91

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Is Simonson going to be back at Heavy? I was just guessing for the line-up, since neither ISU or Nebraska has it on their site. Also, anybody know why both he and Gibson were out last week?
    Simonson had his back tweaked wrestling Z. Could barely walk last weekend. 50/50 at best that he wrestles. They thought Silfka matched up better with Dom than Gibson.



  5. #5
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Simonson had his back tweaked wrestling Z. Could barely walk last weekend. 50/50 at best that he wrestles. They thought Silfka matched up better with Dom than Gibson.

    Which one will be in the mat tomorrow? Also will it be on tv or streamed?



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetheclones View Post
    Also will it be on tv or streamed?
    No TV, though it looks like it will be streamed on Clone Zone. My internet connection is to slow for streaming video though, so I guess I'll be following intermat and this thread in the hopes that somebody will be there are giving updates via their cell phone.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    The live stats show both Carr and Simonson in the lineup. Also Spangler in for Sorenson.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Not starting out too hot. Reader got a major but then Shafer got tech'd. Ward is down 2-3 right onw in the 3rd period, needs a takedown to win it.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 3,289, Level: 16
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    35
    Points
    3,289
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Did Ward take any shots? I was pleased with his performances the past few duals. Has he reverted back to how he was wrestling during the middle of the season?



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone05 View Post
    Did Ward take any shots? I was pleased with his performances the past few duals. Has he reverted back to how he was wrestling during the middle of the season?
    Not sure since I'm just following the live stats, but he ended up losing 3-5. The points were off three escapes though, so he never scored any offensive points. The Nebraska guy did get a stalling warning at the end, so he must have been doing something.

    Also, Slifka is in again for Simonson at heavy, guess it must have been a game time thing since Simonson had been listed.l He lost 0-2 (got reversed in the second period). As a back-up going against a highly ranked guy, I think he did awesomely. Hopefully Jones can get a win here to put us back in it.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Crap, Jones lost 2-4. Only way we pull this one out is if we get a couple of pins.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 20,631, Level: 43
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,884
    Points
    20,631
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 8

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    How do they decide what weight to start at? Is it at the home team's discretion, or just luck of the draw that it starts with our best wrestler and ends with their best?



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Royalclone View Post
    How do they decide what weight to start at? Is it at the home team's discretion, or just luck of the draw that it starts with our best wrestler and ends with their best?
    The coaches can agree to start at 125, otherwise it is luck of the draw.

    Cash's match is scoreless going into the third period, but he got ridden out the whole 2nd period.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 20,631, Level: 43
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,884
    Points
    20,631
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 8

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Losing both of the lightweights pretty much killed any chance that I can see, unless Spangler comes up with a big upset.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 141,605, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,622
    Points
    141,605
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

    Re: Nebraska Preview/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Royalclone View Post
    Losing both of the lightweights pretty much killed any chance that I can see, unless Spangler comes up with a big upset.
    Yep, we're down 14-17 going into the last match. Ward and Jones both losing killed us.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM