Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 515
    Given: 146

CF Podcast: 2-18 Edition

In this week's podcast that is brought to you by Adam Gray Insurance, Brent Blum and I talk:

- Where Iowa State will be in the 2011 Big 12 preseason rankings
    - This weekend's Iowa State men's and women's basketball games
    - The upcoming weekend in Big 12 basketball
    - Blum's love for Albert Pujols
    - A whole lot more

Chris Williams and Brent Blum in the CycloneFanatic.com Podcast: 2-18 Edition | Cyclone Fanatic

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 28

Re: CF Podcast: 2-18 Edition

Hey CW, I've heard you say a couple of times that the Big 12 sucks this year. By every account I've seen it is number 3 behind the Big East and the Big 10. That's number 3 out of 33 conferences! Here's a good link:
    Rating the conferences: From 1 to 32 - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN

I'm guessing you are talking the conference down based on the number of teams that look like they could go deep in the NCAA, and I agree that it appears worse than usual with only Kansas and Texas looking very solid. But I still say that the conference from top to bottom is stronger than you give them credit for.

Other than that I enjoyed your podcast.

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 515
    Given: 146

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrok View Post
    Hey CW, I've heard you say a couple of times that the Big 12 sucks this year. By every account I've seen it is number 3 behind the Big East and the Big 10. That's number 3 out of 33 conferences! Here's a good link:
    Rating the conferences: From 1 to 32 - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN

I'm guessing you are talking the conference down based on the number of teams that look like they could go deep in the NCAA, and I agree that it appears worse than usual with only Kansas and Texas looking very solid. But I still say that the conference from top to bottom is stronger than you give them credit for.

Other than that I enjoyed your podcast.
    It is just down compared to what I thought it would be. Kansas and Texas have exceeded expectations. After that, there's Kansas State (major disappointment), Texas A&M (about what we thought), Missouri (about what we thought), Colorado (disappointment), Texas Tech (what we thought), Iowa State (what we though), Oklahoma (below average), Nebraska (better but still below average), Baylor (below what I expected) and Oklahoma State (about what I expected).

The league just isn't what I thought it would be. "Sucks" might be too strong of a word but I haven't been blown away. Hopefully Kansas State gets hot down the stretch and can make things interesting in the Big Dance. That's probably a long shot but anything can happen.

Thanks for your input.

Rookie
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 9

Kansas was the last team to go 16-0, they did it in 01-02

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    I'm sitting in an milford campsite bathroom right now listening to the sirens and a guy dropping a deuce. Please god don't take me now like this.