Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

2011 Cyclone recruiting class

Hello, I am a Hawk fan just wanting to give you guys congrats on your class. This is not a flame post. I actually support the clones in all games except one. I was watching film and looking at what you all were trying to accomplish this year. I feel you guys have a VERY underrated class. I see a lot of speed and a lot of potential. I know most of you hate Ferentz, but this is exactly how he built his program. He brought an identity to this program and a system that he stayed true to it. And he recruited to fill those two things. I think these last two Paul Rhoades classes have been very good. I fully expect to see you guys bowling on a consistant basis. Just keep Paul in state you guys will have success. Go Hawks!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Re: 2011 Cyclone recruiting class

Join me in the basement of Alumni hall so we can light the candles, sit on the floor, smoke some dope and sing kumbiya.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye1984 View Post
    Hello, I am a Hawk fan just wanting to give you guys congrats on your class. This is not a flame post. I actually support the clones in all games except one. I was watching film and looking at what you all were trying to accomplish this year. I feel you guys have a VERY underrated class. I see a lot of speed and a lot of potential. I know most of you hate Ferentz, but this is exactly how he built his program. He brought an identity to this program and a system that he stayed true to it. And he recruited to fill those two things. I think these last two Paul Rhoades classes have been very good. I fully expect to see you guys bowling on a consistant basis. Just keep Paul in state you guys will have success. Go Hawks!
    Very few ISU fans hate Ferentz...but we all hate this ****.

And g**d***** it's R H O A D S.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Prospect
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post

oooooookaaaay...... You guys really don't take compliments very well. ANGER!!!!!! RAGE!!!!! I can't believe someone complimented our recruiting class! How dare he!!!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    Join me in the basement of Alumni hall so we can light the candles, sit on the floor, smoke some dope and sing kumbiya.

Was the wrong side of the bed littered with CF posters this morning?

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Hello, I am a Hawk fan just wanting to give you guys congrats on your class. This is not a flame post. I actually support the clones in all games except one. I was watching film and looking at what you all were trying to accomplish this year. I feel you guys have a VERY underrated class. I see a lot of speed and a lot of potential. I know most of you hate Ferentz, but this is exactly how he built his program. He brought an identity to this program and a system that he stayed true to it. And he recruited to fill those two things. I think these last two Paul Rhoades classes have been very good. I fully expect to see you guys bowling on a consistant basis. Just keep Paul in state you guys will have success.
    I actually agree with most of what you say. I think that they are emulating KF's plan somewhat. Other than having a totally different offensive and defensive philosophy, there are a lot of similarities. Klein and Knott are KF style LBs. Lenz is a KF style WR. Woody looks like he should be an iowa fullback. Jevohn Miller is a KF style recruit in the mold of Humpal, King, Klinkenborg. They've gone away from getting the bigger 280 lb HS OLs to the tall, mobile 250 lbers, similar to what iowa has done with their OL. They signed a lot of athletes that can play mutiple positions with the frame to grow. Where the two philosophies diverge is the offensive skill positions...ISU is going for more elusiveness while iowa usually signs more size and power.

I don't think that most ISU fans hate Ferentz, though. I think that many of us find it disturbing and annoying the pedestal that your fanbase has put him on and the fact that he is basically above the law and beyond reproach in this state. He can do things like have his kid live in subsidized housing and if anyone calls him out on it, he just plays the flute like the pied piper and has his rats attack. See Greg Doyel. BUT, KF has always been respectful to ISU publically, so even though I find his position and aloofness annoying, it's not a reason to hate him.

Now Hayden Fry, Cyclone fans hate him. Can't wait for him to kick the bucket.

Last edited by Frak; 02-17-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,049

oooooookaaaay...... You guys really don't take compliments very well. ANGER!!!!!! RAGE!!!!! I can't believe someone complimented our recruiting class! How dare he!!!!!
    Sorry for the venom of some of my fellow posters. Usually any compliment from Hawk fans is a backhanded compliment. "Good job, but you guys still suck compared the the Hawks..." so I think a lot of people respond negatively out of habit.

I too like how our current staff is looking to develop players for OL and DL similar to the Hawks. I think we are building a very good foundation for the future and I realy like the skill players we are bringing in as well.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Not really. Just hate the go hawks bull****. Who's that for exactly? And a basic sign of respect is the ability to spell/pronounce someones name correctly.

Also, I don't hate Hayden at all. He did his job at UI while he was there; Duncan, Criner, Walden and their ADs didn't do theirs.

I guess I forgot my station as a lowly Cyclone fan. Thank you, Hawkfan for your complimentary thoughts regarding ISU football.

RIP Janice
    9 posts

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Not really. Just hate the go hawks bull****. Who's that for exactly? And a basic sign of respect is the ability to spell/pronounce someones name correctly.

Also, I don't hate Hayden at all. He did his job at UI while he was there; Duncan, Criner, Walden and their ADs didn't do theirs.

I guess I forgot my station as a lowly Cyclone fan. Thank you, Hawkfan for your complimentary thoughts regarding ISU football.
    Sorry I didn't spell your coaches name right. Shoot me! Geez man..... I never implied your status in college football. Did I say "Hey Lowly Cyclone Fans"? I was very complimentary. And I really like your coach and I also loved McCarney. So if you don't want to have civil conversation like the posters above.....than don't post.

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I actually agree with most of what you say. I think that they are emulating KF's plan somewhat. Other than having a totally different offensive and defensive philosophy, there are a lot of similarities. Klein and Knott are KF style LBs. Lenz is a KF style WR. Woody looks like he should be an iowa fullback. Jevohn Miller is a KF style recruit in the mold of Humpal, King, Klinkenborg. They've gone away from getting the bigger 280 lb HS OLs to the tall, mobile 250 lbers, similar to what iowa has done with their OL. They signed a lot of athletes that can play mutiple positions with the frame to grow. Where the two philosophies diverge is the offensive skill positions...ISU is going for more elusiveness while iowa usually signs more size and power.

I don't think that most ISU fans hate Ferentz, though. I think that many of us find it disturbing and annoying the pedestal that your fanbase has put him on and the fact that he is basically above the law and beyond reproach in this state. He can do things like have his kid live in subsidized housing and if anyone calls him out on it, he just plays the flute like the pied piper and has his rats attack. See Greg Doyel. BUT, KF has always been respectful to ISU publically, so even though I find his position and aloofness annoying, it's not a reason to hate him.

Now Hayden Fry, Cyclone fans hate him. Can't wait for him to kick the bucket.
    I hear you. I didn't mean philosophies...more so how they depend on scouting hidden talent, developing talent, and they both have the hard working Iowa mentality. Each coach recruits to meet the needs of his philosophy......(Unlike Cheesedick). I love CPR's passion for the game and for the state of Iowa.

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 301

It's condescending because we know that after you were done salivating over Iowa's superb (yet obviously underrated) class, you reviewed Iowa State's out of curiousity and thought to yourself, "hmm... not as sucky as I thought. Clearly not as good as Iowa's recruits, but pretty good for a bottom dweller. I should go over to little brother's message board and pay them a heartfelt compliment; knowing full well that Hawkeye dominance in the state is insured for all eternity because that's the way of the universe."

Cram it. I'll remember your username so I can give you back handed compliments the next time you're unable to wrap your mind around Iowa State winning the CyHawk trophy.

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLNST8 View Post
    It's condescending because we know that after you were done salivating over Iowa's superb (yet obviously underrated) class, you reviewed Iowa State's out of curiousity and thought to yourself, "hmm... not as sucky as I thought. Clearly not as good as Iowa's recruits, but pretty good for a bottom dweller. I should go over to little brother's message board and pay them a heartfelt compliment; knowing full well that Hawkeye dominance in the state is insured for all eternity because that's the way of the universe."

Cram it. I'll remember your username so I can give you back handed compliments the next time you're unable to wrap your mind around Iowa State winning the CyHawk trophy.
    You have me pegged! I'm Busted! How did you know!?!?!?!?!?!? Wow....give me a break. It is becoming as hard to talk football with most Cyclones as it is with all Husker fans. Can't we just have a freaking discussion.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 103

I don't like furrents. I think he's a slimeball running a rogue program but as long as the wins and bowl games keep coming, it doesn't matter.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You have me pegged! I'm Busted! How did you know!?!?!?!?!?!? Wow....give me a break. It is becoming as hard to talk football with most Cyclones as it is with all Husker fans. Can't we just have a freaking discussion.

Sure, what do you want to talk about?

RIP Janice
    9 posts

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Sure, what do you want to talk about?

Well, before the ******* started. I was hoping to get to know who the guys are in your class that you all are most excited about.....but I don't think we ever got that far.