Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 39,299, Level: 61
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,051
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,630
    Points
    39,299
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 6

    Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    OK we signed 23 this year but 3 were against 2010 correct?
    If true we'll have spots for 3 December signees in 2011 and
    25 in 2012 as long as they fit with in 85 total scholarships correct?
    Any chance anyone in this year's class is a gray shirt?


    Let Me Mayor Coach!

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    I think next year will be a small class but I'm not certain of that.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 42,024, Level: 63
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,232
    Points
    42,024
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 51

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I think next year will be a small class but I'm not certain of that.

    So that might mean the coaches are somewhat picky about who they accept early commitments from?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by isufan View Post
    So that might mean the coaches are somewhat picky about who they accept early commitments from?
    I think they will be little more reserved on who they offer early.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 179,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,820
    Points
    179,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 609

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    OK we signed 23 this year but 3 were against 2010 correct?
    If true we'll have spots for 3 December signees in 2011 and
    25 in 2012 as long as they fit with in 85 total scholarships correct?
    Any chance anyone in this year's class is a gray shirt?
    Actually, if three were applied to the '10 class, and if we eventually stay at signing 23 (and all enroll), then next January five early enrollees could count against this '11 class.

    I kinda doubt that will happen, with the changing dynamics of CPR's recruiting that I anticipate occurring with a strong season and return to a bowl game.

    On the other hand, at some schools, the early entrants are all gaudy high school stars.




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 39,299, Level: 61
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,051
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,630
    Points
    39,299
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 6

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Actually, if three were applied to the '10 class, and if we eventually stay at signing 23 (and all enroll), then next January five early enrollees could count against this '11 class.

    I kinda doubt that will happen, with the changing dynamics of CPR's recruiting that I anticipate occurring with a strong season and return to a bowl game.

    On the other hand, at some schools, the early entrants are all gaudy high school stars.
    What's the cap on early signees? I thought it was 3, isn't that why the hs kid that came in still counted against 2011?


    Let Me Mayor Coach!

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 179,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,820
    Points
    179,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 609

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    What's the cap on early signees? I thought it was 3, isn't that why the hs kid that came in still counted against 2011?
    The "cap" is always dependent upon the number of vacancies you had left in the immediately previous class (minus theirs that counted againt the previous year). in this case, we're all guessing that number for this class was three, with one of the early enrollees counting against this year.

    I don't believe that CPR has made a definitive statement. Perhaps a question for Chris to ask.




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    The "cap" is always dependent upon the number of vacancies you had left in the immediately previous class (minus theirs that counted againt the previous year). in this case, we're all guessing that number for this class was three, with one of the early enrollees counting against this year.

    I don't believe that CPR has made a definitive statement. Perhaps a question for Chris to ask.
    I thought there was a max of four that you can sign back


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I think next year will be a small class but I'm not certain of that.
    Those that don' t fit will transfer -- it's fluid...... no one can predict.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 22,372, Level: 45
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nickcyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,009
    Points
    22,372
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 53

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    I cannot recall a small class at Iowa State. I am sure it will be over 20.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 17,958, Level: 40
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,325
    Points
    17,958
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I thought there was a max of four that you can sign back
    Lots and lots of misinformation in this thread. In an effort to add to it, I'm going to say I think the limit is 5 players you can count against the previous class. I'm fairly certain that's right, but I'm sure the rest of you are equally certain your information is right.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 179,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,820
    Points
    179,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 609

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    This is the best explanation I could find, on a quick search. It's a bit...complicated. It has to do with the "mid-year replacement" rule.

    http://athleticscompliance.utah.edu/...0Enrollees.pdf




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    Lots and lots of misinformation in this thread. In an effort to add to it, I'm going to say I think the limit is 5 players you can count against the previous class. I'm fairly certain that's right, but I'm sure the rest of you are equally certain your information is right.
    This adds nothing.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 55,540, Level: 72
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,293
    Points
    55,540
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    Lots and lots of misinformation in this thread. In an effort to add to it, I'm going to say I think the limit is 5 players you can count against the previous class. I'm fairly certain that's right, but I'm sure the rest of you are equally certain your information is right.
    I don't think there is a cap. If you have space you can early sign as many as you can. I think Florida State had about 8 EE's this year.

    If you sign 10 in one class, the next year you can back log 15.


    Last edited by Yes13; 02-15-2011 at 08:57 PM.

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,131, Level: 90
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,707
    Points
    85,131
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Football recruiting numbers question for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I think next year will be a small class but I'm not certain of that.
    Heck we thought this year was going to be around 19-20. I bet they move forward like they have 25. Attrition is never a problem at ISU.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM