Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528

If Wiscy Wins....

Ohio State would drop in the rankings late Sunday and it may make Kansas and Texas the top two teams.

It would be nice if we spoil the J-Hawks opportunity today.

Wiscy is ahead of the last undefeated team.

62-55 Wiscy four minutes left.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 553

Re: If Wiscy Wins....

Man the Kohl Center is crazy. That is one great venue.

Court will be rushed in 20 seconds... they are already crowding the court.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 553

Haha some kid just rushed the court with 18 seconds left at a timeout .. LOL

Speechless
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528

Looking like we will play the by default the top team today on their home court.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 3

Shouldn't Texas move to number 1? They smoked Baylor and they hold the tiebreaker against the Gayhawks.

R.I.P "Gibbons" 4/3/2012
    R.I.P RollsRoyce 4/12/2012

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    Shouldn't Texas move to number 1? They smoked Baylor and they hold the tiebreaker against the Gayhawks.
    Why do people like to play this game. If you're going to play the whole who beat who game. then pitt and uconn are above texas. Its silly really. hell USC would be above texas by that logic.

KU is the easy pick for #1 in the country. The pollsters should have been looking for any reason for kansas to jump OSU for the last 3 weeks. Kansas played quite a bit tougher schedule and has been just as worthy. The only thing keeping OSU up there was the undefeated against anybody-For OSU fans, read sisters of the poor- thing. Would trump one loss even though it shouldn't have. KU had one off night and in my book deserves to be 1. By any other obective measure KU has never been behind OSU. The Polls just put a premium on not haveing an off night. Though I think the eye test right now KU and even Texas are playing better than just about anyone in the country right now.

OSU is a good team, but I don't even really feel that they are worthy of a #1 seed in the dance. Their OOC was very weak for the year they were expecting, and the big 10 is on an upswing but isn't anywhere near what the media (ESPN) was blowing up everyone's ***. Unless they win their conf. tourney, I could see them dropping behind 2 big east teams. Obviously KU and maybe SDSU/BYU champ. I think KU could get a #1 without winning the Big XII but texas has got a lot of work to do in the RPI. KU is vg and not even at full strength. Makes it tough next week, but if they keep winning for the next 2 weeks at 85% I think its pretty hard to see anyone taking the overall #1 away from them.

Now if they can only quit choking in the Dance.

Last edited by mikeiastat; 02-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by mikeiastat View Post
    Why do people like to play this game. If you're going to play the whole who beat who game. then pitt and uconn are above texas.

KU is the easy pick for #1 in the country. The polsters should have been looking for any reason for kansas to jump OSU for the last 3 weeks. Kansas play quite a bit tougher schedule and has been just as worthy. The only thing keeping OSU up there was the undefeated against anybody-For OSU fans, read sisters of the poor. Would trump one loss even though it shouldn't have. KU had one off night and in my book deserves to be 1.

OSU is a good team, but I don't even really feel that they are worthy of a #1 seed in the dance. Their OOC was very weak for what they were expecting, and the big 10 is on an upswing but isn't anywhere near what the media (ESPN) was blowing up everyone's ***. Unless they win their conf. tourney, I could see them dropping behind 2 big east teams. Obviously KU and maybe SDSU/BYU champ. I think KU could get a #1 without winning the Big XII but texas has got a lot of work to do in the RPI. KU is vg and not even at full strength. Makes it tough next week, but if they keep winning for the next 2 weeks at 85% I think its pretty hard to see anyone taking taking the overall #1 away from them.

Now if they can only quit choking in the Dance.
    Too bad the Big Ten is the better conference. Don't think your argument that the SDSU/BYU champ could possibly get a 1 seed over OSU helps your case, since you claimed OSU's schedule was too weak (and the Big Ten isn't strong enough) to get them the seed.

RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SplitIdentity View Post
    Too bad the Big Ten is the better conference. Don't think your argument that the SDSU/BYU champ could possibly get a 1 seed over OSU helps your case, since you claimed OSU's schedule was too weak (and the Big Ten isn't strong enough) to get them the seed.

RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet
    Except for the fact that BYU played 1 a higher SOS. and 2 went out to find that tougher SOS. Which the committee look at as a +.

I swear this broken record has been played before and this isn't a Big 10 forum. If you want to believe that the Big 10 is better I'm not going to argue that. I disagree, but yes the current RPI's mask the fact that the Big XII has owned the Big 10 and that the Big XII was the better conf. before conf. play started by the very numbers you are citing. The only reason that the Big 10 looks better is because their further along in their Conf. Schedule. 2 weeks ago they were .0138 apart. Now they are .0056 apart.

The numbers are getting closer and closer every day, and are going to be almost identical by the end of the year. But the Big XII smoked the Big 10 in Big 10 houses in very even match-ups. I lost track but was it 8-0 big XII. You believe what you want. Both sides are just an opinion. and that isn't what this thread was supposed to be about.

Just KU is deserving.

I'm not even saying that OSU doesn't get a #1, but could see it not happening. BYU is more deserving by your numbers right now. Those big east teams play a much tougher sched and could easily jump them. Better sos and better RPI. Probably not going to end that way in the SDSU and likely even the BYU case, but if OSU gets another loss anywhere, its a good possibility.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 151

Wow, when was the last time a school (Wisconsin) beat a school (Ohio State) when that school was ranked #1 in both football and basketball in the same year before this year?

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    Wow, when was the last time a school (Wisconsin) beat a school (Ohio State) when that school was ranked #1 in both football and basketball in the same year before this year?
    Its 2x as sweet because OSU is probably the only team my family, relatives, coworkers and neighbors truely hate. (my sample of Wiscy fans) Around Madison OSU is looked at as the dirtiest program on the schedule, and no one that is funner to beat all things being equal. Then add in the top ranking and there are a lot of people on cloud nine around here.

Since its been a little more rewarding to root for the home team here, I've at least seen it their way a little more this year, even enjoyed a couple of their games and of course enjoyed this win.

Last edited by mikeiastat; 02-12-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 608

Interesting question. I'm sure it has happened, but I'd be curious.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    Interesting question. I'm sure it has happened, but I'd be curious.
    I actually doubt it has happened before. Its rare for a team to be #1 in both sport to begin with, then its rare to get the chance to beat a single #1 in the first place. It happens what maybe on avg 3 times a season in FB and maybe 7 times a season in BB.

Unless you go back to the days of "cagers and leather helmets" its very highly unlikely and even then quite unlikely. Maybe in the days when harvard and yale were like 2 of the 25 teams that mattered you can come up with maybe a handful of dual sport #1's. Who has ever even been #1 in BB and FB in the same season? FL, Texas, OU, but their teams seldom seem to be the same yr. OSU, maybe Mizzou back when, maybe Michigan with an vacated*, maybe Wooden's UCLA, but the BB team didn't lose for like 4 years, so that take them back off the first list. I'm having trouble thinking of anyone else really woulda even been capable of the 2nd list.

Last edited by mikeiastat; 02-12-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

We were both wrong -- but you were closer to correct:

AP story:

The Badgers joined Florida as the only programs to knock off the same No. 1 school in both football and menís basketball in the same academic year. The Gators also beat Ohio State in both sports in 2006-07.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 151

Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    We were both wrong -- but you were closer to correct:

AP story:

The Badgers joined Florida as the only programs to knock off the same No. 1 school in both football and menís basketball in the same academic year. The Gators also beat Ohio State in both sports in 2006-07.
    That was when the Florida and Ohio State played each other in both national championship games.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

That was when the Florida and Ohio State played each other in both national championship games.
    That's right.

Seems like I wouldn't have forgotten about that.

So this is the first time both happened in the regular season.