Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Anyone going

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Anyone going

    To the bloodbath tomorrow in Lawrence?

    I'll be there, but think we have exactly zero shot at keping this thing under 20.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 269,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    12,526
    Points
    269,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 417

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by 52ynnel View Post
    To the bloodbath tomorrow in Lawrence?

    I'll be there, but think we have exactly zero shot at keping this thing under 20.
    The Phog Allen crew is already putting plastic under the visiting team's bench.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 19,518, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    965
    Points
    19,518
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    Yep, I'll be there. Then off to the bars



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 172,942, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,654
    Points
    172,942
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 13

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by 52ynnel View Post
    To the bloodbath tomorrow in Lawrence?

    I'll be there, but think we have exactly zero shot at keping this thing under 20.
    CyBookie?



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    My clock says 3:03 at this moment. We may be down 10 already by this time tomorrow.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 269,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    12,526
    Points
    269,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 417

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by 52ynnel View Post
    My clock says 3:03 at this moment. We may be down 10 already by this time tomorrow.
    It sounds like you are predicting some deadball three pointers when you say that.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,250, Level: 75
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,713
    Points
    59,250
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 6

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    It sounds like you are predicting some deadball three pointers when you say that.
    Oh c'mon, don't be ridiculous. Like any ref would allow that to actually happen in a game.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    It sounds like you are predicting some deadball three pointers when you say that.

    Unfortunately what I'm predicting is that this game could easliy become the absolute low point of the season. This has all the makings of a 30+ point blow out. I'm really debating if I should actually go. The KU folks are just too difficult to put up with in that building. Couple that with my own personal short fuse and .............. well, you get the picture.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 269,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    12,526
    Points
    269,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 417

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by 52ynnel View Post
    Unfortunately what I'm predicting is that this game could easliy become the absolute low point of the season. This has all the makings of a 30+ point blow out. I'm really debating if I should actually go. The KU folks are just too difficult to put up with in that building. Couple that with my own personal short fuse and .............. well, you get the picture.
    Just to torture you I want you to think about how you would have felt if you had thought about going to Lincoln for the FB game a year ago and decided not to because of your short fuse...

    But, yes, I was serious about the plastic in my first post in this thread.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Just to torture you I want you to think about how you would have felt if you had thought about going to Lincoln for the FB game a year ago and decided not to because of your short fuse...

    But, yes, I was serious about the plastic in my first post in this thread.

    The Nebraska football fans (in Lincoln) are exponentially less "douchey" than any KU basketball fan (in Lawrence)..............in my opinion. But I see you working.

    I'm going, just know the experience will ruin the rest of my weekend.



  11. #11
    Prospect BlackAppleGolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by 52ynnel View Post
    The Nebraska football fans (in Lincoln) are exponentially less "douchey" than any KU basketball fan (in Lawrence)..............in my opinion. But I see you working.

    I'm going, just know the experience will ruin the rest of my weekend.

    Why go if it's going to ruin the rest of your weekend?

    It's going to make my weekend watching Fred's return to Phog Allen!



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 115,402, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,729
    Points
    115,402
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 7

    Re: Anyone going

    Mad props to you for making the trip. I only live about 30 minutes away and I'm not even sure I'm going to watch the game on TV, let alone head over to the Phog.

    I also feel like this is setting up to be a total beat down and the low point of the season. I had the same feeling about the Mizzou game in Columbia, and we all know how that turned out. Give me 20 points and I still may put my credits on KU here.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    Mad props to you for making the trip. I only live about 30 minutes away and I'm not even sure I'm going to watch the game on TV, let alone head over to the Phog.

    I also feel like this is setting up to be a total beat down and the low point of the season. I had the same feeling about the Mizzou game in Columbia, and we all know how that turned out. Give me 20 points and I still may put my credits on KU here.

    I live in OP, so it's a short trip. At least the drive home will be short. Less time to stew.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anyone going

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAppleGolf View Post
    Why go if it's going to ruin the rest of your weekend?

    It's going to make my weekend watching Fred's return to Phog Allen!
    Why go? You know the drill here. Against all odds we show up.

    Fred's return to Phog Allen? Really??



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 63,463, Level: 78
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    2,998
    Points
    63,463
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: Anyone going

    Everybody just needs to keep their heads straight...nobody thought Fred would have us competing with KU in Lawrence this year. Let's just hope the boys come out playing hard the whole game. We are bringing a knife to gun fight...next year we come back to the phog with a gun. It's gonna be fun...just enjoy the fact that we can all be proud how this team has competed this year.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM