Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 4,361, Level: 19
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Points
    4,361
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Can we bring back the Magic please!

    I think everyone knows Hilton Magic isnt what it used to be. I think we as fans need to do something to help bring this back. Id like to see a little help from Pollard, Cyclone alley committe and whoever else is in charge of the experience at Hilton. What really brought this on is I watched the Duke Unc game last night and Duke's whole student section was dressed up, painted, jumping up and down, and doing chants the whole game. Thats the atmosphere Hilton needs and used to have. Also someone just posted a thread of a dance Kansas fans did. I think we need to have someone start some of this and do away with the family friendly atmosphere were going for lately cause its killing the magic. Who do we need to talk to to get some better songs at timeouts that people can dance to, sing to, and get people excited. Like Welcome to the Jungle, or We will rock you type of songs. They play some of them but not enought. Also lets get some cheers started after 3 pointers, dunks, opponent free throws, blocked shots and other big plays. The band does some of this now Cyclone Alley needs to follow. See if we can make strides toward getting the magic back before next year! Kind of set the mood. What do you think?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 206,377, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,256
    Points
    206,377
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 510

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    The sky is blue.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,708, Level: 60
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,705
    Points
    38,708
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 4

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    You arent flat out blaming the fans so I commend you for that. I dont like to see empty seats either and I miss the magic. The bottom line though is, we have to start winning at some point. Thats how we get the magic back. Our fan support has been excellent the last 5 years all things considered.......
    At some point we just have to finally win. Make sense?


    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man"

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 263,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,433
    Points
    263,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Let me Mayor coach and the Magic will be back before you know it.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 101,395, Level: 99
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,054
    Points
    101,395
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    If Iowa State was 8-1 in the Big 12 instead of 1-8, Hilton would be an asylum. Except for the arena circle still life painting. Just win, baby.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 33,274, Level: 56
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,072
    Points
    33,274
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 0

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    The Hoiberg hire got the fanbase excited so that's a start. Now it's up to him to start winning. If that happens we won't have to endure "Hilton Magic" threads anymore


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 263,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,433
    Points
    263,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    The Hoiberg hire got the fanbase excited so that's a start. Now it's up to him to start winning. If that happens we won't have to endure "Hilton Magic" threads anymore
    Please GOD let it be soon. Half of the fine folks on CF may only need to see 1 more stupid Hilton Magic thread before they stroke out.

    In the interest of saving lives I think CW needs to ban them.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    geburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    So when's the part when someone singles out the students so I can ***** about the old ******* geezers leaving early and never doing jack ****?


    Keepers of the Faith -- The Unknown



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 33,274, Level: 56
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,072
    Points
    33,274
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 0

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Quote Originally Posted by geburgess View Post
    So when's the part when someone singles out the students so I can ***** about the old ******* geezers leaving early and never doing jack ****?
    Calm down tiger


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 7,956, Level: 26
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    L A (Lovely Ames)
    Posts
    160
    Points
    7,956
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 81

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydog04 View Post
    I think everyone knows Hilton Magic isnt what it used to be. I think we as fans need to do something to help bring this back. Id like to see a little help from Pollard, Cyclone alley committe and whoever else is in charge of the experience at Hilton. What really brought this on is I watched the Duke Unc game last night and Duke's whole student section was dressed up, painted, jumping up and down, and doing chants the whole game. Thats the atmosphere Hilton needs and used to have. Also someone just posted a thread of a dance Kansas fans did. I think we need to have someone start some of this and do away with the family friendly atmosphere were going for lately cause its killing the magic. Who do we need to talk to to get some better songs at timeouts that people can dance to, sing to, and get people excited. Like Welcome to the Jungle, or We will rock you type of songs. They play some of them but not enought. Also lets get some cheers started after 3 pointers, dunks, opponent free throws, blocked shots and other big plays. The band does some of this now Cyclone Alley needs to follow. See if we can make strides toward getting the magic back before next year! Kind of set the mood. What do you think?

    How many posts have we had about this?



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 263,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,433
    Points
    263,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman515 View Post
    How many posts have we had about this?
    1,000 too many. Time we all get over it.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 207,967, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,405
    Points
    207,967
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 89

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Will said "magic" help us win some games?



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,824, Level: 69
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Points
    49,824
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 5

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    Tell DG to stop dribbling off his foot at the end of games and we would have more wins which = more fans



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 22,781, Level: 46
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CY ST8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,553
    Points
    22,781
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    McDermotzik killed Hilton magic for most of Cyclone Nation. The only cure is to win. End of Story! No more threads about this please!


    ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!


    Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 137,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    6,893
    Points
    137,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 127

    Re: Can we bring back the Magic please!

    I have an idea i bet nobody has thought of. We should get rid of cyclone alley! Then Hilton Magic will slowly return!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM