Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: KXNO Drive

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 18,045, Level: 40
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    linkshero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    919
    Points
    18,045
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    KXNO Drive

    MP had Shawn Callihan from Nebby Rivals on tonight. I don't have a clue what they talked about because
    A. I couldn't care less
    B. I don't like the Huskers
    C. I don't live in Nebraska
    D. I turned the station because of all of the above.

    I guess I can't really recap any of the advertisements I missed either.


    Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.


  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 215,590, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,118
    Points
    215,590
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post
    MP had Shawn Callihan from Nebby Rivals on tonight. I don't have a clue what they talked about because
    A. I couldn't care less
    B. I don't like the Huskers
    C. I don't live in Nebraska
    D. I turned the station because of all of the above.

    I guess I can't really recap any of the advertisements I missed either.
    ok



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 7,225, Level: 25
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    169
    Points
    7,225
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    I wasn't aware they let that ****** have a show still..... What was that news Marty T was pumping a few months back about "big happenings" within kxno 2-3 months ago?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 257,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,791
    Points
    257,012
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 645
    Given: 546

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post
    MP had Shawn Callihan from Nebby Rivals on tonight. I don't have a clue what they talked about because
    A. I couldn't care less
    B. I don't like the Huskers
    C. I don't live in Nebraska
    D. I turned the station because of all of the above.

    I guess I can't really recap any of the advertisements I missed either.
    Cool story.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,772, Level: 68
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 978
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,657
    Points
    48,772
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 6

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Get used to it...it's going to happen A LOT more with them joining the big ten.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    I agree, I can't stand it when KXNO shows have nebraska media on, it's bad enough that they have a couple of omaha rejects as hosts. It is an unfortunate fact that there is an infestation of huskers here in central Iowa, but 590 am comes in here, let them listen to that, we shouldn't have to cater to them.

    I never thought I would be voluntarily listening to Tirrell again.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 485,742, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,154
    Points
    485,742
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 122

    Re: KXNO Drive

    I really wish the local media would just collude and refuse to cover Nebraska sports.

    Native Iowans who cheer for Nebraska are the biggest d-bags in the sports world. Don't give me that "SW Iowa is almost Nebraska" ****. There aren't Badger fans in NE Iowa or Illini fans in Eastern Iowa, or Mizzou fans in southern Iowa or Gopher fans in northern Iowa, unless they are actually from one of those other states (and thus not native Iowans).

    Native Iowans who cheer for Nebraska are no different than someone from NYC cheering for Texas. Just bandwagon tools. I have far more respect for Hawk fans.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 186,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,431
    Points
    186,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 403

    Re: KXNO Drive

    I personally enjoy hearing about other schools and other sports info vs ISU. I wish they would cover the national scene a little more. They could talk KU, KSU, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Mizzou more and I would be fine with it.


    It beats the 'gay marriage' conversation Coltar and Garmin were doing today.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    I personally enjoy hearing about other schools and other sports info vs ISU. I wish they would cover the national scene a little more. They could talk KU, KSU, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Mizzou more and I would be fine with it.


    It beats the 'gay marriage' conversation Coltar and Garmin were doing today.
    If they were talking about other schools - Big 12, Big 10, national, that would be fine for some variety. But talking regularly about the huskers isn't variety, it's giving a big **** you to ISU and Iowa fans. Hell, the percentage of time they spend on another state should be spent covering Drake and UNI. We all know what a boner Perrault has for the Valley anyways.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 51,461, Level: 70
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,043
    Points
    51,461
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 337

    Re: KXNO Drive

    If you guys dont like nebbie radio just wait until next year when the huskers join the little 12.....



    Its gonna be all wall to wall Iowa and Nebraska and thats gonna be it.



    Better get used to it boys or else switch to another station



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 128,423, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,930
    Points
    128,423
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 101

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Yup I shut it off every time they talk to NU reporters. Was hardly on my way home tonight and shut it off when Giggles said Callihan was going to be on. This is Iowa, I dont care about 200 NU fans that live in Des Moines.



  12. #12
    Recruit
    Points: 7,746, Level: 26
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    76
    Points
    7,746
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post
    MP had Shawn Callihan from Nebby Rivals on tonight. I don't have a clue what they talked about because
    A. I couldn't care less
    B. I don't like the Huskers
    C. I don't live in Nebraska
    D. I turned the station because of all of the above.

    I guess I can't really recap any of the advertisements I missed either.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 7,746, Level: 26
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    76
    Points
    7,746
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Quit listening, do other things to better myself, glass half full with ISU COACHES and the future, don't need some straw man debate about about ISU'S future to listen too.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 28,153, Level: 51
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUcy08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,947
    Points
    28,153
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Yup I shut it off every time they talk to NU reporters. Was hardly on my way home tonight and shut it off when Giggles said Callihan was going to be on. This is Iowa, I dont care about 200 NU fans that live in Des Moines.
    I heard it too. I listened for a minute or two, then was like, well this sucks. I don't give a flip about Nebraska.


    2009 Insight Bowl Champions!

  15. #15
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KXNO Drive

    Worst knebbie fan ever...my high school P.E. teacher/Asst Football coach

    A former pitcher at ISU, biggest knebbie fan in town. The kind of guy that tapes a picture of Tom Osborne's face to his wife's head during sex. Real creepy.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM