Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 44,832, Level: 65
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 718
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonefreak5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,224
    Points
    44,832
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 12

    Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Trying to figure out my housing next year, and I am liking the apartments that Jensen has to offer. Has anyone gone through them before? positive or negative feedback? any specific locations that you would recommend?



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 269,136, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,283
    Points
    269,136
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 638
    Given: 156

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    I was with Jensen in one apartment for 4 years and another for 1 year. They are your typical Ames corporate landlord as they will try and pinch every dime from you where they legally can. If you dont trash the place and you follow the rules of the lease, and they wont bother you.

    I lived out in West Ridge for 4 years and absolutely loved it. They were all 4 bedrooms when I was out there, but some have been converted into 3 bedroom, I believe. I than had a one bedroom at West View for a year, and it was not really all that bad, however, my experience in West Ridge was much better!



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 33,476, Level: 56
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,114
    Points
    33,476
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    I lived in several different apartments with Jensen and can't really complain. I always lived in their buildings out in West Ames and it was nice having the office right there if you had problems or needed a question answered


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 263,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,436
    Points
    263,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 573

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Picking a property manager in Ames is like picking the least painful way to die. Would you rather suffocate, be burned alive, stabbed, shot, etc... No matter what one you choose they are going to find a way to stick it to you. They are all equally bad in their own special way.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 46,986, Level: 67
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,364
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,662
    Points
    46,986
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 222

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    First off I have continually ventured to this site but never found the reason to join and start posting, until this thread. I will share you my experience.

    Two years ago I was lived in a 4 bedroom apartment on Tripp St. and rented through Jensen Property. Throughout the coarse of my lease all the windows would continually "sweat" and in the winter moisture would freeze around the base of the windows. The issue was that all that moisture crept behind the sheetrock and into the insulation. Eventually water and mold seeped through the sheetrock and was all over the bottom of the walls (around the baseboard / molding). My roomates and I contacted Jensen a number of times and they just said they would come over and fix it the issue. When the lease was up (and the problem never fixed) Jensen informed us that they would not charge us for the mold because we had no control over that. However, when we got our deposit back they took out a huge portion due to and I quote "Painting the wall in all the rooms".

    Granted a problem such as this cannot be fix overnight, but the lackluster / didn't give a crap attitude they showed us really didn't sit well with me.So take from this what you will, I am just trying to help. Thanks.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,072, Level: 23
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    M6WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    321
    Points
    6,072
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    I live in Fountain View, the brand new ones that got put up two years ago. We were the first to live in these apartments. They were slow as some maintenance issues I had at the beginning of the lease (sliding door wouldn't lock and a ceiling fan didn't work when we moved in). Wasnt happy with the slow response on my non locking door as it was a saftey issue (3 months after showing up at their office multiple times). Got the manager the last time and they took care of it that day.

    Their snow removal SUCKS. They try to do it themselves and do not hire it out. They have too many building to be doing it themselves with a truck and a couple 4 wheelers.

    Besides snow removal and the maintenance issue, which to their defense was at the beginning of the new lease term so they were super busy, I haven't had a issue with them. Haven't had a lot of contact with them as I have not had any issues since the beginning. I can't complain too much but haven't had to many issues to bring to them.

    I cant speak to checkout yet, so I have no idea what that will entail.


    Last edited by M6WS6; 02-09-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Grammer

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 8,999, Level: 28
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Clones33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WDM, IA
    Posts
    535
    Points
    8,999
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by Daserop View Post
    First off I have continually ventured to this site but never found the reason to join and start posting, until this thread. I will share you my experience.

    Two years ago I was lived in a 4 bedroom apartment on Tripp St. and rented through Jensen Property. Throughout the coarse of my lease all the windows would continually "sweat" and in the winter moisture would freeze around the base of the windows. The issue was that all that moisture crept behind the sheetrock and into the insulation. Eventually water and mold seeped through the sheetrock and was all over the bottom of the walls (around the baseboard / molding). My roomates and I contacted Jensen a number of times and they just said they would come over and fix it the issue. When the lease was up (and the problem never fixed) Jensen informed us that they would not charge us for the mold because we had no control over that. However, when we got our deposit back they took out a huge portion due to and I quote "Painting the wall in all the rooms".

    Granted a problem such as this cannot be fix overnight, but the lackluster / didn't give a crap attitude they showed us really didn't sit well with me.So take from this what you will, I am just trying to help. Thanks.
    Thats awesome, in a terrible sort of way. We had the same issue, also on Tripp St. and when they didn't fix it after a couple months of complaining we threatened legal action, contacted the Ames Health Board, and the ISU Daily. He finally allowed us to move out at graduation and voided the last two months of our contract. We still lived with black mold in our place for a couple of months, but as graduating seniors we were happy to save a couple bucks on our way out of dodge.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 46,986, Level: 67
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,364
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,662
    Points
    46,986
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 222

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones33 View Post
    Thats awesome, in a terrible sort of way. We had the same issue, also on Tripp St. and when they didn't fix it after a couple months of complaining we threatened legal action, contacted the Ames Health Board, and the ISU Daily. He finally allowed us to move out at graduation and voided the last two months of our contract. We still lived with black mold in our place for a couple of months, but as graduating seniors we were happy to save a couple bucks on our way out of dodge.
    3910 Tripp St. apartment #5 to be exact here and they took out $400 from our deposit to "Paint Walls". My roomates and I were thinking about going to small claims court by full times jobs in different states put a stop to that. Just decided to leave the past behind.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 21,898, Level: 45
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jj-cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,806
    Points
    21,898
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by Daserop View Post
    First off I have continually ventured to this site but never found the reason to join and start posting, until this thread. I will share you my experience.

    Two years ago I was lived in a 4 bedroom apartment on Tripp St. and rented through Jensen Property. Throughout the coarse of my lease all the windows would continually "sweat" and in the winter moisture would freeze around the base of the windows. The issue was that all that moisture crept behind the sheetrock and into the insulation. Eventually water and mold seeped through the sheetrock and was all over the bottom of the walls (around the baseboard / molding). My roomates and I contacted Jensen a number of times and they just said they would come over and fix it the issue. When the lease was up (and the problem never fixed) Jensen informed us that they would not charge us for the mold because we had no control over that. However, when we got our deposit back they took out a huge portion due to and I quote "Painting the wall in all the rooms".

    Granted a problem such as this cannot be fix overnight, but the lackluster / didn't give a crap attitude they showed us really didn't sit well with me.So take from this what you will, I am just trying to help. Thanks.
    I had a similar situation. Mold was throughout my house on campus ave. Landlord did nothing and I am sure they just painted over it when we moved out. We were renting thru Randall and not Jensen though. But moral of the story, landlords are not your friends and they will take every dime from you possible.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 263,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,436
    Points
    263,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 573

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by Daserop View Post
    3910 Tripp St. apartment #5 to be exact here and they took out $400 from our deposit to "Paint Walls". My roomates and I were thinking about going to small claims court by full times jobs in different states put a stop to that. Just decided to leave the past behind.
    That is exactly what they are banking on. Broke college students with too much going on in their hectic lives to take the time to actually stand up to them when they bend you over. To them it is worth the risk in screwing people over because the amount of students with the time and means to pursue legal action is very small. Most have no choice but to just take it.

    It is funny to read through an actual lease agreement from start to finish. Pages upon pages of rules, obligations, penalties, etc... for the tenant. Yet no more then a sentence or two in there of any rules or obligations for the landlord to adhere to. It's a joke. Those agreements are so one sided it is funny.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    I only dealt with 1 renter in Ames and that was Shriver Properties and they were great to me. I think all I was dinged for on my deposit was $20 for something not being clean enough. I think apartments.com probably has a section for reviews that you might be able to read on stuff for places you are considering.


    Go Cubs Go!

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 16,128, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    16,128
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    dont live at freddy what ever you do cuz it sucks. Im living in west ames university plains to be exact next year.



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Points: 2,608, Level: 14
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    64
    Points
    2,608
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    dont live at freddy what ever you do cuz it sucks. Im living in west ames university plains to be exact next year.
    Ya, Freddy sucks big time. I got friends that live in fountain view this year and they haven't had any issues so I leased a 3 person one next year out there with a couple buddies.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 16,128, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    16,128
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkSpeng17 View Post
    Ya, Freddy sucks big time. I got friends that live in fountain view this year and they haven't had any issues so I leased a 3 person one next year out there with a couple buddies.
    i feel like we should Start a thread Frederiksen court sucks.



  15. #15
    Prospect
    Points: 2,608, Level: 14
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    64
    Points
    2,608
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Housing Next Year--Jensen Property Management

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    i feel like we should Start a thread Frederiksen court sucks.
    I'm down for that. Especially building 32!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM