Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Good News for Those With Dish Network

Check out channel 349, Dish is adding 7 Starz channels (starts with ch 350) + 1 Encore channel free for 1 year at no additional cost!

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 95

Re: Good News for Those With Dish Network

Is the cost of the base packages going up this month as well? Directv's is going up this month, and I thought Dish was as well.

Starter
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 46

"My Pappie once told me nothins for free"
    They raised the rates $5 across the board. So to hush everyone they gave Starz and Encore for free.

Addict
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,606
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 155

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Check out channel 349, Dish is adding 7 Starz channels (starts with ch 350) + 1 Encore channel free for 1 year at no additional cost!
    I thought you might be indicating they are adding Fox Sports Channel/Net options like DirectTV and Mediacom offer. Without it, IMHO you miss too many ISU games to make Dish even a consideration.

CCG

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 305

This is outstanding. My DVR was running non-stop this weekend. I didn't realize Starz had as many good movies as they do. I always considered them a lower tier to HBO/Cinemax and Showtime, but after looking over their lineups I don't think that's true. After just one weekend I'm pretty sure I'll keep it even after the promo expires.

Now if Dish would just get Disney HD back - my poor, poor children have to watch Hannah Montana in standard def. Oh, the horror.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    I thought you might be indicating they are adding Fox Sports Channel/Net options like DirectTV and Mediacom offer. Without it, IMHO you miss too many ISU games to make Dish even a consideration.
    I don't know where you are getting your information but I have every regional Fox sports channel as well as Comcast channels and the sports pack is cheaper on Dish than on DirecTV. The only channel I do not have is Fox College Sports, which I think caused me to miss ONE game this year.

Addict
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,606
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 155

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I don't know where you are getting your information but I have every regional Fox sports channel as well as Comcast channels and the sports pack is cheaper on Dish than on DirecTV. The only channel I do not have is Fox College Sports, which I think caused me to miss ONE game this year.
    My bad, I meant FCS…and I think you missed a minimum of 3 (maybe 4 according to someone who has Dish and chimed in on one of the most recent threads on this topic).

for reference: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...tellite-5.html

Last edited by capitalcityguy; 02-07-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    CCG

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    My bad, I meant FCS…and I think you missed a minimum of 3 (maybe 4 according to someone who has Dish and chimed in on one of the most recent threads on this topic).

for reference: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...tellite-5.html
    The only game I didn't see was Colorado. Either the schedule on cyclones.com was wrong or Fox showed the other two FCS games on alternate channels.

Addict
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 611
    Given: 83

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    This is outstanding. My DVR was running non-stop this weekend. I didn't realize Starz had as many good movies as they do. I always considered them a lower tier to HBO/Cinemax and Showtime, but after looking over their lineups I don't think that's true. After just one weekend I'm pretty sure I'll keep it even after the promo expires.

Now if Dish would just get Disney HD back - my poor, poor children have to watch Hannah Montana in standard def. Oh, the horror.
    I have the Starz package on Mediacom and it's not too bad. I was on the fence about keeping it until Spartacus came out. I liked Pillars of the Earth as well and Camelot looks like it could be decent.

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    I have the Starz package on Mediacom and it's not too bad. I was on the fence about keeping it until Spartacus came out. I liked Pillars of the Earth as well and Camelot looks like it could be decent.
    I got the HBO package for The Pacific, and I am keeping it so I can watch Game of Thrones. Camelot is just a shallow attempt to tap into the monster that will be George RR Martins fantasy masterpiece. The books are as good as I have read in that genre.

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 478

I rarely watch HBO for actual movies. 99% of the time it's one of their series or a special show.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Hadn't heard that Dish was raising rates, even if they were I think Starz normally is like a $12.99 or $15.99/mo add-on package so would still be coming out ahead even if they do bump the rates by $5.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Another thing, anyone find the new Mediacom commericial where the guy is up on the roof with an ice scrapper a little rediculous? I've been a Dish subscriber for 6 years now and not once had to even think about touching my dish or had them come out to adjust anything. The thing faces the SOUTH and has to have a clear view of the southern sky so unless you got a good freezing rain where the wind was from the south I can't imagine you'd ever have your dish covered in ice and snow in the winter when the precip usually blows in from the north where the face of the dish would be protected from. Even if you did I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be agressively using an ice scrapper on it, I think I'd get some kind of de-icing agent if I were actually having that issue.

Mediacom seems to think dish customers are always having reception problems based on their commercials. I might lose signal for a few minutes in a heavy thunderstorm but NEVER have I had it out for hours straight during a warm sunny day like I had happen many times when I had Mediacom.

Go Cubs Go!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 538
    Given: 72

Another thing, anyone find the new Mediacom commericial where the guy is up on the roof with an ice scrapper a little rediculous? I've been a Dish subscriber for 6 years now and not once had to even think about touching my dish or had them come out to adjust anything. The thing faces the SOUTH and has to have a clear view of the southern sky so unless you got a good freezing rain where the wind was from the south I can't imagine you'd ever have your dish covered in ice and snow in the winter when the precip usually blows in from the north where the face of the dish would be protected from. Even if you did I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be agressively using an ice scrapper on it, I think I'd get some kind of de-icing agent if I were actually having that issue.

Mediacom seems to think dish customers are always having reception problems based on their commercials. I might lose signal for a few minutes in a heavy thunderstorm but NEVER have I had it out for hours straight during a warm sunny day like I had happen many times when I had Mediacom.

When we got that first really heavy snow I had to knock all the snow off. Other than that, no problems.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Never once been on my roof to touch my dish. And in two years as a Dish customer I've lost signal once in a torrential downpour for less than 10 minutes.