Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 34,649, Level: 57
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,555
    Points
    34,649
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50

    ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    ISU got up early and held on for the win in Austin in 2010. Texas Coach Mac Brown went into public melt-down mode right after the game and Texas tanked from that game on. Texas lost to Baylor and ISU in the same year and went 5-6. First loss to ISU ever and it was in Austin to boot.

    After that game, the Texas coaches were all in disarray and probably hearing rumors all the time about who would be losing their jobs at season end. I'd say in retrospect the ISU-Texas 2010 game was when coaches and players for Texas lost their confidence.

    You can BET that Mac Brown has had it pounded into his head by all the coaching changes and fans that he BETTER beat ISU in 2011.

    If you go back to the first year Chizik was at ISU, Texas beat ISU into the ground. I'm sure that was because the Texas players and possibly the coaches were ****** at Chizik for leaving them hanging - ISU fans and players and ex-coaches know what that's like.

    I expect a fired up and angry Texas team in 2011 - but one that KNOWS ISU can beat them.

    I'd say the only way ISU stays in the 2011 game is to never ever quit or even be shocked if Texas pulls out all the trick plays and goes for a big half-time lead. Expect it.

    This game will determine if coach Rhoads has turned the ISU FB culture more than any other in 2011 as I see it.

    I expect ISU to lose - Texas has too much NFL talent and too many people in their ear all offseason to lose to ISU back to back. But if ISU keeps it a dog fight to the last second, that would be huge imo. Show everyone in the B12 you can hang with the best when they've got a bulls-eye painted on your team.

    If ISU pulls off the upset that would be a miracle of epic proportions and I can't wait to hear the Mac Brown post-game conference after that.

    With all of that said, this is the one game I really want to see the ISU FB team win in 2011.


    Last edited by ShopTalk; 02-06-2011 at 02:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 68,182, Level: 81
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,568
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,291
    Points
    68,182
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 3

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    We will win this game.


    R.I.P "Gibbons" 4/3/2012
    R.I.P RollsRoyce 4/12/2012

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 34,649, Level: 57
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,555
    Points
    34,649
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    We will win this game.
    Reasoning?



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 16,128, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    16,128
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    We will win this game.
    haha were gonna lose by 40



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 38,707, Level: 60
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,925
    Points
    38,707
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 4

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    haha were gonna lose by 40
    Haha, you are just negative about everything today.

    We are not much worse than last year, Texas is not much better.

    Game is at home to boot. Probably don't win, but expect a good game.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 89,934, Level: 93
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,316
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    6,070
    Points
    89,934
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,083
    Given: 53

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Depends on how well our quarterback play is and if SJ can handle the majority of the snaps at running back.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 32,832, Level: 55
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,916
    Points
    32,832
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    ISU got up early and held on for the win in Austin in 2010. Texas Coach Mac Brown went into public melt-down mode right after the game and Texas tanked from that game on. Texas lost to Baylor and ISU in the same year and went 5-6. First loss to ISU ever and it was in Austin to boot.

    After that game, the Texas coaches were all in disarray and probably hearing rumors all the time about who would be losing their jobs at season end. I'd say in retrospect the ISU-Texas 2010 game was when coaches and players for Texas lost their confidence.

    You can BET that Mac Brown has had it pounded into his head by all the coaching changes and fans that he BETTER beat ISU in 2011.

    If you go back to the first year Chizik was at ISU, Texas beat ISU into the ground. I'm sure that was because the Texas players and possibly the coaches were ****** at Chizik for leaving them hanging - ISU fans and players and ex-coaches know what that's like.

    I expect a fired up and angry Texas team in 2011 - but one that KNOWS ISU can beat them.

    I'd say the only way ISU stays in the 2011 game is to never ever quit or even be shocked if Texas pulls out all the trick plays and goes for a big half-time lead. Expect it.

    This game will determine if coach Rhoads has turned the ISU FB culture more than any other in 2011 as I see it.

    I expect ISU to lose - Texas has too much NFL talent and too many people in their ear all offseason to lose to ISU back to back. But if ISU keeps it a dog fight to the last second, that would be huge imo. Show everyone in the B12 you can hang with the best when they've got a bulls-eye painted on your team.

    If ISU pulls off the upset that would be a miracle of epic proportions and I can't wait to hear the Mac Brown post-game conference after that.

    With all of that said, this is the one game I really want to see the ISU FB team win in 2011.
    Trust me on this, the Texas coaches and players were not mad at Chizik for leaving. Chizik was an internal problem for Mack Brown. He could not pawn him off fast enough. The other coaches did not get along with Chizik and most of the players did not like him. That is a fact. They more than likely wanted to pound ISU in the ground because Chizik was our coach, not because he left them.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 214,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,049
    Points
    214,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    KSU beats them every year.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 118,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,011
    Points
    118,175
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 73

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    KSU beats them every year.
    KSU beats us every year.......



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 110,716, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,943
    Points
    110,716
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 396
    Given: 309

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    I just like that Texas now realizes they just can't show up and still expect to win the games. Just like Mac said in the post game, the players were goofing off in pregame thinking this game was going to be a piece of cake. Then we sent their players, coaches, and fans off with their tails in between their legs. They will want revenge but we all know that CPR and staff has had a few impressive wins already, why not this one too?


    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 55,513, Level: 72
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,290
    Points
    55,513
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    haha were gonna lose by 40
    You're probably like the same people last year who thought we had no chance because they're... TEXAS. You know nothing about them, and probably couldn't name more than 3 players.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 74,751, Level: 84
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,657
    Points
    74,751
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 24

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    2011 texas = 2010 nebraska game

    very similar situations



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 485,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,110
    Points
    485,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 110

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Whoever said we aren't much worse and Texas isn't much better is right.

    We better beat Texas next year, because they'll be back on top in a couple of years. This is a winnable game, and we're going to need it.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,058, Level: 87
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,440
    Points
    79,058
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 34

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Depends on how well our quarterback play is and if SJ can handle the majority of the snaps at quarterback.

    I assume you meant Steel Jantz so I fixed a couple of things for you.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 560,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,356
    Points
    560,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 118

    Re: ISU-Texas Game 2010 & 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    I assume you meant Steel Jantz so I fixed a couple of things for you.
    Or our RB Shontrelle Johnson (SJ) and his initial sentence was fine



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM