Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

isu vs uni

Wow - I don't know about the rest of you but this was too close for comfort. I was really pleased with efforts from Sorenson, Reader, Ward (he's still holding back however) and Mayfield.

Shafer is our 1 period wonder. He does amazing in the first half of the match and gets me all pumped up only to fizzle out at the end. He was able to get into Loder's legs with ease and had a great takedown. His gastank just doesn't appear to be there for an entire match. Simonson came up big for us but he always appears tired in that last period as well. He makes me nervous when he gets his legs in too high and opponents are on to him with the leg wrestling. He may need to find new ways to tilt his opponents and use those long arms of his.

The other guys were just outmatched. I was really excited to see Weatherman take the mat after he stuck a couple of kids out East but the UNI guy owned him. He just looks so small compared to his competition...maybe he should look at 149 next year?? Like most Freshman he can't get out from underneath.

Also, does anyone have word on Druin? I'm starting to get nervous that we may not have him at all. I'm tempted to ask the Sorenson's since they sit really close to me at the meets.

All-Star
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 46

Re: isu vs uni

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Wow - I don't know about the rest of you but this was too close for comfort. I was really pleased with efforts from Sorenson, Reader, Ward (he's still holding back however) and Mayfield.

Shafer is our 1 period wonder. He does amazing in the first half of the match and gets me all pumped up only to fizzle out at the end. He was able to get into Loder's legs with ease and had a great takedown. His gastank just doesn't appear to be there for an entire match. Simonson came up big for us but he always appears tired in that last period as well. He makes me nervous when he gets his legs in too high and opponents are on to him with the leg wrestling. He may need to find new ways to tilt his opponents and use those long arms of his.

The other guys were just outmatched. I was really excited to see Weatherman take the mat after he stuck a couple of kids out East but the UNI guy owned him. He just looks so small compared to his competition...maybe he should look at 149 next year?? Like most Freshman he can't get out from underneath.

Also, does anyone have word on Druin? I'm starting to get nervous that we may not have him at all. I'm tempted to ask the Sorenson's since they sit really close to me at the meets.
    Great post - I agree with all you said. Sad to see that Weatherman has not yet turned the corner.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 627
    Given: 394

Concussins can last a year.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 569

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    He was cleared this week, but they are keeping him out this weekend as a precaution since it is so close to conference tourney time. It'll be nice to have him back, as most duals will have at least a 9 point swing in score. For example, UNI had their backup at 141, with Drouin in you'd be looking at more like 25-14 for the score on Friday.