Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 26,710, Level: 50
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    899
    Points
    26,710
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

    Chris Colvin Update

    See the link for the whole article.
    At Palm Beach State...maybe to Iowa next?

    "Colvin is starting to see his recruitment pick up steam. “The recruiting process at the beginning was slow because coaches really weren’t coming out to see us because we didn’t to do well last year. Now it’s picking up though with a decent amount of coaches coming through for games and practices,” said Colvin who mentions West Virginia, Butler, Iowa, South Florida, Clemson, Illinois and a few other schools as being currently in the mix."
    Former Chicago Whitney Young Star Chris Colvin Playing Well For Nationally-Ranked Palm Beach State College



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,869, Level: 79
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,581
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    4,925
    Points
    64,869
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 8

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    hope he stays away from Iowa, he was my favorite player to watch last year. thought CC had a lot of potential and just needed the right system, McD was NOT the right system.



  3. #3
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 269,490, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,961
    Points
    269,490
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    I almost completely forgot about him. I wonder if he wishes he would have stayed...another player who I think would have enjoyed Hoiberg's up and down system.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 249,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,402
    Points
    249,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    I don't think it was his choice to stay or not.




  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 556,115, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,214
    Points
    556,115
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 39

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    I almost completely forgot about him. I wonder if he wishes he would have stayed...another player who I think would have enjoyed Hoiberg's up and down system.
    I'd guess he had too many "advisors" for Hoiberg's system.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 165,343, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,945
    Points
    165,343
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    See the link for the whole article.
    At Palm Beach State...maybe to Iowa next?

    "Colvin is starting to see his recruitment pick up steam. “The recruiting process at the beginning was slow because coaches really weren’t coming out to see us because we didn’t to do well last year. Now it’s picking up though with a decent amount of coaches coming through for games and practices,” said Colvin who mentions West Virginia, Butler, Iowa, South Florida, Clemson, Illinois and a few other schools as being currently in the mix."
    Former Chicago Whitney Young Star Chris Colvin Playing Well For Nationally-Ranked Palm Beach State College
    I always take these college drops by kids in JuCo trying to generate interest in themselves with a grain of salt.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 62,331, Level: 77
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    5,202
    Points
    62,331
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 21

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Hypothetically speaking, would he be eligible to come back to ISU? I would guess so since he went the JUCO route, just wasn't sure how the transfer rules worked on that. I don't think there is any chance he would be back, but is that an option?



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 116,899, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,363
    Points
    116,899
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Who would want him back? Seriously? He has a poor me first attitude. Left the school. No need for someone like that. I know nj just asked if he was eligible to come back, hopefully it doesn't mean you want him back.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 62,331, Level: 77
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    5,202
    Points
    62,331
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 21

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Who would want him back? Seriously? He has a poor me first attitude. Left the school. No need for someone like that. I know nj just asked if he was eligible to come back, hopefully it doesn't mean you want him back.
    No, don't want him back, just curious if he even could.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 54,492, Level: 72
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,461
    Points
    54,492
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 17

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Love the quote below. Glad to hear he is the man and his coaches are not screwing things up too badly.

    Colvin is pleased with how the season is progressing. “The team is doing pretty good right now we are 21-2 and 6-0 in the conference. Nationally, we are ranked 17th right now, and #2 in our conference. My individual play has been pretty good so far. I'm just holding down the team and running the show. The coaches are doing good and really well, so i have no complaints," said Colvin


    Last edited by intrepid27; 02-04-2011 at 08:38 AM.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 32,891, Level: 55
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,102
    Points
    32,891
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid27 View Post
    Love the quote below. Glad to hear he is tha man and his coaches ar enot screwin gthings up too badly.

    Colvin is pleased with how the season is progressing. “The team is doing pretty good right now we are 21-2 and 6-0 in the conference. Nationally, we are ranked 17th right now, and #2 in our conference. My individual play has been pretty good so far. I'm just holding down the team and running the show. The coaches are doing good and really well, so i have no complaints," said Colvin

    sure, stay
    delusional.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 9,114, Level: 28
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    496
    Points
    9,114
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by nj829 View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, would he be eligible to come back to ISU? I would guess so since he went the JUCO route, just wasn't sure how the transfer rules worked on that. I don't think there is any chance he would be back, but is that an option?
    Yes, hypothetically speaking, he could come back. It would be the same as Shonn Greene playing at Iowa, leaving to go to Kirkwood for a year and then returning to Iowa.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 103,047, Level: 99
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    5,883
    Points
    103,047
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 16

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    I don't think Colvin, Dendy, and Hambone had the chance to come back. I think they wanted to but the coaches said no thanks.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 103,047, Level: 99
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    5,883
    Points
    103,047
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 16

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by clone26 View Post
    Yes, hypothetically speaking, he could come back. It would be the same as Shonn Greene playing at Iowa, leaving to go to Kirkwood for a year and then returning to Iowa.
    Shonn did more for grade reasons vs. Colvin's apparent temper tantrums but I get what you are saying.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 9,114, Level: 28
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    496
    Points
    9,114
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Colvin Update

    Quote Originally Posted by JP4CY View Post
    Shonn did more for grade reasons vs. Colvin's apparent temper tantrums but I get what you are saying.
    Right. I meant from an NCAA ruling standpoint that a player can leave a school for a junior college and then return to that school without having to sit a year.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM