Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 127
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 106,675, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyhawkdmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    5,021
    Points
    106,675
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 58

    Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Ok so usually my Wife and I go to a couple of Dave Matthews Band Concerts every summer... And with them not touring this year what are some bands you guys recommend seing when they come around to the Midwest..... We are going to go see Ryan Bingham when he comes to Omaha in March, And will probably Catch OAR when they come around....

    Was thinking U2, but we saw them the last time they were in Omaha several years ago, and the tickets to the Show in the Twin Cities are way too expensive....



    Thanks!!!!



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 28,510, Level: 51
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,532
    Points
    28,510
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Rumor has it that Pearl Jam will be putting on a weekend long festival this summer somewhere in the midwest to celebrate their 20 year anniversary as a band. I'm thinking it will be in Chicago. Anyways, great live band and must see, though that's coming from a Pearl Jam junkie of many shows over those 20 years.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 106,675, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyhawkdmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    5,021
    Points
    106,675
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 58

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Rumor has it that Pearl Jam will be putting on a weekend long festival this summer somewhere in the midwest to celebrate their 20 year anniversary as a band. I'm thinking it will be in Chicago. Anyways, great live band and must see, though that's coming from a Pearl Jam junkie of many shows over those 20 years.
    Awsome... Saw them several years ago as well in Council Bluffs.... I will def have to see if that develops.....



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 484,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,022
    Points
    484,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    If the PJ thing develops, I'll be there.

    Otherwise:
    1) Drive-By Truckers, 2 night stand at the Ogden Theatre in Denver. March 18-19. Spring Break. Snowboarding at A-Basin for St. Paddy's day, then touring breweries the next couple of days and going to the shows at night.

    2) Hayes Carll, Vaudeville Mews on April 3rd. It's a sunday night, so I'll take it a little easy, but apparently Hayes can get pretty loaded @ his shows so I might be having to match him.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 39,607, Level: 61
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    913
    Points
    39,607
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhawkdmb View Post
    Ok so usually my Wife and I go to a couple of Dave Matthews Band Concerts every summer... And with them not touring this year what are some bands you guys recommend seing when they come around to the Midwest..... We are going to go see Ryan Bingham when he comes to Omaha in March, And will probably Catch OAR when they come around....

    Was thinking U2, but we saw them the last time they were in Omaha several years ago, and the tickets to the Show in the Twin Cities are way too expensive....



    Thanks!!!!
    Rumor is that DMB may be doing a handful of festival shows this summer so you might want to see what comes of that.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 24,840, Level: 48
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CYKID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    1,007
    Points
    24,840
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Judas Priest is doing a farewell tour. They are in Europe on it now and haven't set the US dates yet. Whatever city is closest is where I will be.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 12,239, Level: 33
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    692
    Points
    12,239
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 42

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    If the PJ thing develops, I'll be there.

    Otherwise:
    1) Drive-By Truckers, 2 night stand at the Ogden Theatre in Denver. March 18-19. Spring Break. Snowboarding at A-Basin for St. Paddy's day, then touring breweries the next couple of days and going to the shows at night.

    2) Hayes Carll, Vaudeville Mews on April 3rd. It's a sunday night, so I'll take it a little easy, but apparently Hayes can get pretty loaded @ his shows so I might be having to match him.
    The Truckers shows should be a lot of fun. I might need to get to one or both of those.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 9,733, Level: 29
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    221
    Points
    9,733
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Joe Bonamassa is coming to CY Stephens March 5. I've got front row balcony seats. I love going to concerts in CY since the acoustics are awesome. I've been checking out Youtube and there are some videos of him covering some Jimmy Page Zep riffs.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 484,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,022
    Points
    484,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by drlove View Post
    The Truckers shows should be a lot of fun. I might need to get to one or both of those.
    I've never had a bad time watching The Truckers live. Seen 'em 5 times, and this last time in Iowa City I downed waaaaay too much whiskey during the show. First time I saw them (also in Iowa City), my buddy was rip roaring drunk on Wild Turkey, banging his cowboy boot on the stage and yelling for people to get naked.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 27,325, Level: 50
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,940
    Points
    27,325
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    A little short of Spring but Dropkick Murphy's and Against Me! are playing at Val Air Ballroom March 4th. Perfect pre-Saint Patty's celebration, plus the Murphy's new album comes out March 1st.......



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 33,146, Level: 56
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,264
    Points
    33,146
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    My wife and I are also big DMB fans and in the same boat you are. Luckily, we saw them in St. Paul this fall, so it hasn't been too long. We're throwing around the idea of going to see a Dave & Tim show some day, but haven't really pulled the trigger on anything and would rather not go to Vegas.

    Not sure if you like Cake, but they're playing May 12th @ State Theatre in Minneapolis. They don't seem to come around the Midwest all that much, so we're gonna go to that.

    Also keep your eye out for shows at the Minnesota Zoo throughout the summer - it's a cool, smaller venue for outdoor concerts and there are some really good acts that go through there.


    - Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 484,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,022
    Points
    484,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    A little short of Spring but Dropkick Murphy's and Against Me! are playing at Val Air Ballroom March 4th. Perfect pre-Saint Patty's celebration, plus the Murphy's new album comes out March 1st.......
    Forgot about that one (as I can't go). Should be a fun show. Saw Against Me! open for Alkaline Trio (before they turned wrist slitting emo) up in Minneapolis and they were fantastic live. I've always liked the Murphy's. Should be a drunk, drunk time. Alas, I probably won't be in Des Moines.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 484,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,022
    Points
    484,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    My wife and I are also big DMB fans and in the same boat you are. Luckily, we saw them in St. Paul this fall, so it hasn't been too long. We're throwing around the idea of going to see a Dave & Tim show some day, but haven't really pulled the trigger on anything and would rather not go to Vegas.

    Not sure if you like Cake, but they're playing May 12th @ State Theatre in Minneapolis. They don't seem to come around the Midwest all that much, so we're gonna go to that.

    Also keep your eye out for shows at the Minnesota Zoo throughout the summer - it's a cool, smaller venue for outdoor concerts and there are some really good acts that go through there.
    Lucero and Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit co-headlined a show there last summer that I really regret missing.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 27,325, Level: 50
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,940
    Points
    27,325
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Forgot about that one (as I can't go). Should be a fun show. Saw Against Me! open for Alkaline Trio (before they turned wrist slitting emo) up in Minneapolis and they were fantastic live. I've always liked the Murphy's. Should be a drunk, drunk time. Alas, I probably won't be in Des Moines.
    I also saw Against Me! before there sell out major label crap, actually right after New Wave was released and they blew up, still very good live..... I think they are still going to rock and am very pumped about Murphy's.....



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 27,325, Level: 50
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,940
    Points
    27,325
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

    Re: Concerts This Spring/Summer

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Lucero and Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit co-headlined a show there last summer that I really regret missing.
    Is also on tour with Social D and Frank Turner this Spring/Summer, that would be awesome show, nearest is KC, they also have St Louis and Milwaukee.

    Also pretty pumped about a show this Friday, Less Than Jake, the Supervillians and Off With Their Heads. at Peoples..... Should be pumped if it happens....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM