2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    I am looking for 5 owners for a keeper cash league. League is on yahoo, 5x5, roto, $20 buy-in. This is an existing keeper league with a seven teams already (all cyclone fans), a league website and established rules. However, we will be starting from scratch this year and drafting anew. All money will be paid into leaguesafe.com and then distributed at the end of year pro rata.

    Private message me for details. Thanks.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 23,453, Level: 46
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,132
    Points
    23,453
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    if you pay my entry fee ill do it. i finished 2nd last year in my baseball league after getting snubbed in the finals. i guarantee no less than a 3rd place finish and ill split the winnings



  3. #3
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    if you pay my entry fee ill do it. i finished 2nd last year in my baseball league after getting snubbed in the finals. i guarantee no less than a 3rd place finish and ill split the winnings
    I can think of several problems with this arrangement, collusion being one of them.

    No dice...



  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by jboy2682 View Post
    I am looking for 5 owners for a keeper cash league. League is on yahoo, 5x5, roto, $20 buy-in. This is an existing keeper league with a seven teams already (all cyclone fans), a league website and established rules. However, we will be starting from scratch this year and drafting anew. All money will be paid into leaguesafe.com and then distributed at the end of year pro rata.

    Private message me for details. Thanks.

    Still a couple spots left.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 83,128, Level: 89
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,900
    Points
    83,128
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 237

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    C'mon, its the next closest thing to beer that makes baseball interesting! Im not good, I always draft the stud the year his career decides to take a dump, do it'll be no problem beating me. Its easy money!


    #BEATIOWA

  6. #6
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    C'mon, its the next closest thing to beer that makes baseball interesting! Im not good, I always draft the stud the year his career decides to take a dump, do it'll be no problem beating me. Its easy money!
    You do have craptastic luck, Rip. You got the first pick back in 2009 and somehow David Wright was still available after everyone picked their keepers. He proceed to hit 10 home runs for you that year - major disappointment. I remember being jealous at the time you drafted him.

    BTW, one spot left in the league.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 83,128, Level: 89
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,900
    Points
    83,128
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 237

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by jboy2682 View Post
    You do have craptastic luck, Rip. You got the first pick back in 2009 and somehow David Wright was still available after everyone picked their keepers. He proceed to hit 10 home runs for you that year - major disappointment. I remember being jealous at the time you drafted him.

    BTW, one spot left in the league.
    Then there was the decision to select Jimmy Rollins, Carlos Marmol and NATE freakin' MCLOUTH as keepers. Not my best moment.


    #BEATIOWA

  8. #8
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Then there was the decision to select Jimmy Rollins, Carlos Marmol and NATE freakin' MCLOUTH as keepers. Not my best moment.

    McLouth went to hell in a handbasket after you picked him. Marmol is an elite closer though, I think he had 138 Ks in 78 innings last year. I have Marmol very high on my board this year.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by CYvers View Post
    McLouth went to hell in a handbasket after you picked him. Marmol is an elite closer though, I think he had 138 Ks in 78 innings last year. I have Marmol very high on my board this year.

    Yahoo really likes Marmol this year, wow.

    Preseason Ranks: Relief Pitcher - Fantasy - Yahoo! Sports

    BTW, still a couple spots open in this league. First come, first served.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 83,128, Level: 89
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,900
    Points
    83,128
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 237

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    That's because Marmol was going to be a FA this year, that's why he s doing better. I assume Kerry Wood will be the set up man to Carlos?


    #BEATIOWA

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 123,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,513
    Points
    123,560
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,095

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    I think it'd be cool if we all (or most of us) got together at a place with wi-fi for the draft. Like Bdubs or something. It'd be cool to meet everyone.



  12. #12
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by ianoconnor View Post
    I think it'd be cool if we all (or most of us) got together at a place with wi-fi for the draft. Like Bdubs or something. It'd be cool to meet everyone.
    I might be able to swing this. I recently moved from DSM to Muscatine but I travel back frequently.



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    That's because Marmol was going to be a FA this year, that's why he s doing better. I assume Kerry Wood will be the set up man to Carlos?
    I believe so.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 123,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,513
    Points
    123,560
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,095

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by CYvers View Post
    I might be able to swing this. I recently moved from DSM to Muscatine but I travel back frequently.
    Sorry to hear that. My parents live in Muscatine.




  15. #15
    Prospect
    Points: 5,491, Level: 21
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    CYvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,491
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

    Quote Originally Posted by ianoconnor View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My parents live in Muscatine.


    Easy now. My expectations weren't high when I moved but the town has pleasantly surprised me. I love only having a 5 minute drive to work and no chance of traffic. Also, my parents are nearby and are a great source of free babysitting.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM