Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thumbs up Slow Starting Cyclones

If you have gone to the games early enough you see the cyclones doing drills that are more like conditioning drills than warm ups. This is probably the reason they start out slow. When they come out to start the games their legs have already been through a first half of activity. I say go back to the normal warmups and see if it makes a difference what have we got to lose ?

Walk On
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Slow Starting Cyclones

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone3944 View Post
    If you have gone to the games early enough you see the cyclones doing drills that are more like conditioning drills than warm ups. This is probably the reason they start out slow. When they come out to start the games their legs have already been through a first half of activity. I say go back to the normal warmups and see if it makes a difference what have we got to lose ?
    I think it's a combination of that and not going at game speed during layup lines and shooting drills. I watched JVB, Railey and McKnight miss layups in Saturday's warm-up. Reminds me of the layup lines during the Skoglund era.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,324
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by Tillweezy View Post
    I think it's a combination of that and not going at game speed during layup lines and shooting drills. I watched JVB, Railey and McKnight miss layups in Saturday's warm-up. Reminds me of the layup lines during the Skoglund era.
    Poetry in motion? Skogs was awesome.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

All-Star
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone3944 View Post
    No. If warm-ups are wearing out guys out, then we've got bigger issues. Fred is trying to get them at 'game speed' so they DONT come out flat. That would be his intent anyways. There is no way they come out flat because they are tired from warm ups.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 604
    Given: 389

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    Poetry in motion? Skogs was awesome.
    Man, Skogs could pick them up and lay them down. He was poetry compared to baby Shaq.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.