Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Almost lost to Bimington!!!

We are Iowa State how the **** did we almost lose to ******* Bimington?

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Re: Almost lost to Bimington!!!

Bing has a pretty solid program. We're in a transition right now. Well, more like, I HOPE we're just in a transition.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 55

It's Binghamton...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 389

Quote Originally Posted by ZJohnson View Post
    It's Binghamton...
    Who? What? Is that new York?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 191

Binghamton is better than a school that doesn't exist. I was worried we almost lost to a school I had never even heard of.

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 134

Quote Originally Posted by cyfan964 View Post
    Binghamton is better than a school that doesn't exist. I was worried we almost lost to a school I had never even heard of.
    In my eyes, neither exist. Giving up a forfeit is going to make a lot of duals close.

Addict
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 32

we forfeited again? how does a D-1 program like iowa state with 30 kids on the team forfeit a weight?

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156

Quote Originally Posted by mitchforcy View Post
    We are Iowa State how the **** did we almost lose to ******* Bimington?
    Easy...we're not good.

ABC - Always Be Closing

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 161

People on here like to rip Cael, and rooted for Iowa today. Fine, at least with Sanderson we were still in the national scene. Now we're irrelevant.

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

Jones wrestles his heart out, but he isn't a Big XII level guy. I think that even he assumed he'd be a career backup prior to the loss of Long and Clark. He's been pushed into the varsity slot due to need and doing his best, but 125 has been a huge hole this whole season. Jones is a true freshman who we had to toss to the wolves this year, but he's continued fighting.

Cash is similar to Jones, though a redshirt freshman. A guy who is on the team because he wants to wrestle and got tossed into the lineup due to the aftermath of Cael leaving. 133 is a hole this year, but Cash came up big today, showing that he hasn't given up on the season.

Drouin is still out with a concussion and all our backups at 141 are redshirts. Though if we'd known how long he'd be out I wonder if somebodies redshirt would have gotten pulled.

Mayfield had tough matches against the #2 and #12 ranked guys today. He's solid, but not at that level. Carr might be back in the lineup soon.

Weatherman got two pins today. One of them against the #9 guy. It seems like he finally remembered that he's pretty good at wrestling. Hopefully this is a turning point for him.

Sorenson beat a top ranked guy and then lost to a guy who AAed last year. Sorenson should have won that match, I'm guessing he was totally focused on Cornell and didn't give the Binghamton guy the respect he should have. Hopefully he'll correct that for March. Beating one elite guy and then falling to another (who isn't having an AA season so far) isn't going to get him on the podium.

Reader beat last year's runner up (currently ranked #3) with a dominating performance that was not as close as the score indicates. Then avoided a letdown by teching Binghamton's guy.

Shafer got pinned by the #7 guy and then dominated the #10 guy. I'm not happy with the Cornell loss, but the Binghamton win is huge.

Ward still confuses me. He has the talent and the coaching to get onto the podium in March, but he just can't go three periods (or even one sometimes). I wonder if his knee is holding him back. Hawes did what he could as a backup, but there is a reason Ward is our starter despite his problems.

Simonson showed that while he still doesn't quite have the toolset to beat top talent, he's well above most heavyweights.

We were upset in one match today, and a slight upset at that. We upset several top ten guys. We need Drouin back badly, but our guys continue to outperform expectations.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    People on here like to rip Cael, and rooted for Iowa today. Fine, at least with Sanderson we were still in the national scene. Now we're irrelevant.
    Yeah it's going to take a while to rebuild from Cael leaving. Cael was a recruiting machine...KJ is really going to have to step up in that area if we want to get back to being a competitive team in the top 5 at nationals.

ABC - Always Be Closing

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 91

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    we forfeited again? how does a D-1 program like iowa state with 30 kids on the team forfeit a weight?

You do realize you can't put a 157 pounder in at 141. We don't have a 141 pounder except Goettl (A true freshman). We are not going to pull a redshirt for some duals when we expect Drouin back. Yes its taking long than we thought, but nationals is when you want him healthy. KJ might remember what happen to Reader at nationals with his concussion and decided not to push Drouin to soon. Error on the side of caution.

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 565

Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    You do realize you can't put a 157 pounder in at 141. We don't have a 141 pounder except Goettl (A true freshman). We are not going to pull a redshirt for some duals when we expect Drouin back. Yes its taking long than we thought, but nationals is when you want him healthy. KJ might remember what happen to Reader at nationals with his concussion and decided not to push Drouin to soon. Error on the side of caution.
    Nowadays I don't think it is even Jackson's call. All ISU athletes take a concussion test before the season (even club athletes are encouraged to take the test, though they have to pay for it out of pocket), and until Drouin passes that, he's out regardless. I wonder what kind of practice regime he is on though. Hopefully they've come up with something that'll keep him in wrestling shape while he's out. Maybe bicycle sprints in a dimly lit sauna...

Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    Yeah it's going to take a while to rebuild from Cael leaving. Cael was a recruiting machine...KJ is really going to have to step up in that area if we want to get back to being a competitive team in the top 5 at nationals.
    Jackson's first real class is redshirting right now. Until next year we won't have any idea about his recruiting abilities.

Last edited by Judoka; 01-31-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Recruit
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post

I was wondering the same thing. I looked on the roster and there are 6 wrestlers listed as 125 lbs., only 1 at 133, and only 1 at 141. Wouldn't we be better off letting a 125 lb. guy wrestle at 141 than taking a forfeit in each dual meet? I realize that giving up 16 lbs is alot, but even if the 125 lb. guy could avoid getting pinned or a major decision it saves 3 pts. in the team score. Am I missing something here?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 389

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Jones wrestles his heart out, but he isn't a Big XII level guy. I think that even he assumed he'd be a career backup prior to the loss of Long and Clark. He's been pushed into the varsity slot due to need and doing his best, but 125 has been a huge hole this whole season. Jones is a true freshman who we had to toss to the wolves this year, but he's continued fighting.

Cash is similar to Jones, though a redshirt freshman. A guy who is on the team because he wants to wrestle and got tossed into the lineup due to the aftermath of Cael leaving. 133 is a hole this year, but Cash came up big today, showing that he hasn't given up on the season.

Drouin is still out with a concussion and all our backups at 141 are redshirts. Though if we'd known how long he'd be out I wonder if somebodies redshirt would have gotten pulled.

Mayfield had tough matches against the #2 and #12 ranked guys today. He's solid, but not at that level. Carr might be back in the lineup soon.

Weatherman got two pins today. One of them against the #9 guy. It seems like he finally remembered that he's pretty good at wrestling. Hopefully this is a turning point for him.

Sorenson beat a top ranked guy and then lost to a guy who AAed last year. Sorenson should have won that match, I'm guessing he was totally focused on Cornell and didn't give the Binghamton guy the respect he should have. Hopefully he'll correct that for March. Beating one elite guy and then falling to another (who isn't having an AA season so far) isn't going to get him on the podium.

Reader beat last year's runner up (currently ranked #3) with a dominating performance that was not as close as the score indicates. Then avoided a letdown by teching Binghamton's guy.

Shafer got pinned by the #7 guy and then dominated the #10 guy. I'm not happy with the Cornell loss, but the Binghamton win is huge.

Ward still confuses me. He has the talent and the coaching to get onto the podium in March, but he just can't go three periods (or even one sometimes). I wonder if his knee is holding him back. Hawes did what he could as a backup, but there is a reason Ward is our starter despite his problems.

Simonson showed that while he still doesn't quite have the toolset to beat top talent, he's well above most heavyweights.

We were upset in one match today, and a slight upset at that. We upset several top ten guys. We need Drouin back badly, but our guys continue to outperform expectations.

Sounds like a .500 team.

I would hate to lose to Bimington almost more than UNI.Bimington will never beat our team. Hang that on your Wall of Prestige. Bingmington NEVER beat us yet.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.