Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Jeremy-Jake Kelly?

i see we are now recruiting this SG, he is 6'6, 170. Any news on this kid?

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    07 or 08?

God Bless America

Walk On
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    he is 08

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 251
    Regarding Jake Kelly, he isn't a high priority recruit and I think that he has pretty much made up his mind regarding his top 5 being Dayton, Valpo, Iowa, St. Louis, and BC. I think it will probably be Dayton where he finally decides to go.

One thing I need to caution is that I have found from talking to the coaching staff and other college coaches/sources that Rivals and Scout aren't always completely accurate on the possible recruits. Just because we call a player once doesn't mean that we are recruiting him. I've noticed a lot of players are listed on Rivals and Scout as having offers from ISU and being heavily recruited by us but the sources I have talked to absolutely deny the info posted.

I would believe what Chris or Paul post regarding recruits but I would take what you see on their respective networks in general with a grain of salt. The networks are updated by people completely out of the loop and often don't correct their mistakes. I think Chris and Paul know who is actively being recruited but the networks are very outdated and often completely incorrect. One example is Jacob Pullen. I have confirmed since the beginning that he is not being recruited by us as a priority at all and has not been offered, yet Scout has listed him as having an offer from us for the past two months. I know that Chris corrected himself and said that Jacob had not been offered but the network never corrected it on their end.

I think that's a big part of the reason I like being independent from a network, I have control over that stuff at my level:)

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Starter
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 1

Part of the Danger of Talking With Recruits

Recruits aren't always the best source of information. Some are honest, but others will exaggerate the schools showing strong interest or schools making offers. I also think if they're contacted by a website administrator tied to a school the recruits are naturally going to say good things about that school.

Rookie
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by isucy86 View Post
    Recruits aren't always the best source of information. Some are honest, but others will exaggerate the schools showing strong interest or schools making offers. I also think if they're contacted by a website administrator tied to a school the recruits are naturally going to say good things about that school.
    Very well stated. You make some excellent points. Recruits are a very unreliable source for info. Many will claim they have offers simply because a school contacted them. They obviously want to create the impression that they are a hot commodity.

Psyched about the Clones!!!