Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 118

Williams Blog: Final thoughts on OU loss

All-Star
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 814
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Re: Williams Blog: Final thoughts on OU loss

Quote Originally Posted by drednot57 View Post
    It's not bad luck, the problem is lack of depth. The seven players CFH plays just run out of gas during the final five minutes of the game; he needs to develop more depth now. I don't know what's going on with Railey, but having him coming in to spell Ejim and JVB along with Godfrey would do wonders for their legs at the end of the game. Bubu needs to develop quickly, so he can spell DG more frequently would be great as well. The loss of Phillips is turning out to be bigger than I expected, but the team has to deal with it. I wonder how the FB fill-ins are turning out. The team needs them to be able to see floor time as well. If CFH can rotate eight or nine, that would be huge for the team's endurance during a game.

Another thing is the team is getting way behind early, so they need to expend extra energy to catch up. That's another huge factor in their stamina at the end of the game. Our boys need to get ahead early and stay there, that way they can stay fresher to finish the game as winners.
    Although I posted the above on another thread, I feel that it's appropriate here as well particularly the second paragraph. Having to expend all that energy in playing catch-up does not bode well for finishing games talent, or no talent.

Last edited by drednot57; 01-30-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    P.J. Farmer rocks!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 67

Re: Williams Blog: Final thoughts on OU loss

Quote Originally Posted by drednot57 View Post
    Although I posted the above on another thread, I feel that it's appropriate here as well particularly the second paragraph. Having to expend all that energy in playing catch-up does not bode well for finishing games talent, or no talent.

Riley played and made mistakes, Bubu played a lot and didnt play well at all, he hasnt been playing well since conference games have started. This team faces a good scout team everyday, if they cannot develop there do you really think more PT will help them that much?

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne