Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 41

New ISU Ticket Online Ordering System (FYI - MBB renewal deadline is today)

Just renewed our MBB basketball season tickets.

I must say, the new online ticket ordering system (via Ticketmaster) was easy to use and the pages loaded very quickly.

Also, I paid just $10 for a processing fee. Had I mailed in my order form, I would have paid $20 (which makes perfect sense). Nice to see for at least season ticket renewals/orders, the fees are reasonable.

I'll be interested to learn what the fees are on single game orders. Perhaps we were concerned about going to Ticketmaster for nothing - looks like JP worked out a decent deal (so far)!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

Re: New ISU Ticket Online Ordering System (FYI - MBB renewal deadline is today)

I don't know if anybody has my problem - I'm honestly very confused about this.

I renewed my order by I wanted to increase my season ticket order from 2 to 6. Well you can't renew tickets and order more at the same time, so I renewed my two tickets and then had to order 4 more separately. I have to admit I'm a little worried about this - you know, tickets not ending up next to each other and everything.

I called a while ago to verify that the ticket office got my request for extra single game tickets with my season ticket renewal, and I had a terrible customer service experience with a guy who insisted that the order was received and it was not. Does anybody know a better way to get an answer from the department?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

In your case Bryce, I would not have renewed online. When I have a special circumstance like that, I call the ticket office before doing anything and either find out what I should do online or have then process it.

I did something similar in '03, we increased the number of football season tix from 2 to 4. I did it over the phone and we had no problems keeping our seats together, even though 2 were in my name and 2 were in my wife's name.

I did see online where you could note that you were adding more season tickets and could request they be kept together (a check box). However I didn't use that feature so I don't know what happens after checking the box.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I know what you're saying, but like you also said, we saved 60 bucks by ordering them online. That's enough for me to order them online.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

How could you save THAT much by ordering online. I think the processing was a flat fee vs. a per ticket fee. I could be wrong though...

Did you get it worked out in the end?

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I wish they'd figure out a way to show you your seats instead of just giving you this RELO2* stuff.

I understand it for BBall, with the renewals just getting done and not knowing exactly what's available. But for football, the renewals have been done for 6 months, and it's still kind of up in the air. I called the ticket office and could pretty much pick my seats, why not online?

I just don't trust them to decide for me. People preferences are different, higher and more center or lower and off to a side. I guess there's issues like having a bunch of singles spread about. But you think they could at least give you an idea.

Bryce - sorry to hear you had trouble. I've talked to a younger soundging guy (Mike??) when I was getting my fb tix and he was extremely helpful. There's a lady I dealt with previously, who was like talking to a wall.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Good point, it would be very nice if when buying tickets online and seat choices were available, you could see a layout of the stadium/arena and choose your seats or at worse, the general location.

For now, I'm just happy to see the fees are reasonable - something I was concerned with once I learned we were going to be using Ticketmaster.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well, 6 season ticket orders x10 equals 60, unless my English Major math is incorrect.

I still don't have the single game tickets ordered. I didn't know what to think. I'll probably just have to reorder them and give my father in law some crappy seats he could have ordered himself. You're welcome big guy.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Well, 6 season ticket orders x10 equals 60, unless my English Major math is incorrect.
    My question was, do they charge a $10 fee for each order or each season ticket? It looked like online, it was a flat fee per order.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Humm, well I could be wrong. But I thought that there was a processing fee for each ticket, but I went mostly off of what my wife told me. I could definitly be wrong.

Rookie
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I don't believe season ticket renewals are through ticketmaster, only single ticket orders that are seperate from season tickets. The fee is a flat fee, not per season ticket. I don't know why they won't set it up to allow you to order extras online, I get penalized the extra $10 because I wanted to buy an extra ticket this year.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I just ordered 'em online and on the confirmation it says "by Ticketmaster".

It's on the ISU site yet I can tell it's a Ticketmaster system with ISU branding.

Prospect
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I hope the new system works.I upped my tickets from 2 to 4 and i checked the box to keep my seats together.It did cost six more dollars for my new seats than it did for the renew.

Last edited by RICHMOLO; 08-15-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

I had problems a couple of nights ago trying to order student football tickets for my girlfriend. I tried using one of my plastic cards, and it kept saying the card number was incorrect. I quadruple-checked it, and I still couldn't get it to work. So I tried another plastic card, and then it would try to load for a couple of minutes (high-speed internet), before saying "Sorry, your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later." Then, when I tried the other card it gave me the same message later.

Long story short I tried again the next morning and it worked with no problems. Not sure I like Ticketmaster or not. It seems like they leave a lot to be desired still.