Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

Illegal Immigration - Reps stink too

GOP rivals spar on immigration - The Boston Globe

Romney and Giuliani sparring over who is tougher on illegal immigration and pointing out areas where both have either promoted it or simply did nothing to stop it.

I'm basing my vote for President on who I believe has enough sense to enforce our current immigration law and secure our borders. Thus far... not one candidate fits the bill; republican or democrat.

I fear it is going to be like most big political issues... a lot of talk and little or no action. Politicians are spineless.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Re: Illegal Immigration - Reps stink too

Quote Originally Posted by temperflare View Post
    I'm basing my vote for President on who I believe has enough sense to enforce our current immigration law and secure our borders. Thus far... not one candidate fits the bill; republican or democrat.

I fear it is going to be like most big political issues... a lot of talk and little or no action. Politicians are spineless.
    Enforcing our current laws won't work...I think we need drastic change. Reason being, as you saw in the Hazelton, PA town, a judge said the city couldn't take measures to keep illegal immigrants out of their town. We continue to have judges that decide they want to make their own laws rather than enforce the ones we have on the books. Which is why I think we need serious change. I'm sick of all of the politicians just talking about it...DO SOMETHING.

Welcome To Hazleton, One Mayor's Controversial Plan To Deal With Illegal Immigration - CBS News

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 198

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    Enforcing our current laws won't work...I think we need drastic change. Reason being, as you saw in the Hazelton, PA town, a judge said the city couldn't take measures to keep illegal immigrants out of their town. We continue to have judges that decide they want to make their own laws rather than enforce the ones we have on the books. Which is why I think we need serious change. I'm sick of all of the politicians just talking about it...DO SOMETHING.

Welcome To Hazleton, One Mayor's Controversial Plan To Deal With Illegal Immigration - CBS News
    Oh come on. The judge wasn't "making his own law", he was doing his job and enforcing the constitution and laws of this country. Just because a judge rules in a way you disagree with does not mean he is "making his own laws", no matter how many times Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh say so.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

What is worthless is this fence idea. Somehow putting up a fence along the border will keep immigrants out. All it will do is destract them to come in a different way. Not to mention I think they said 35% of the illegals are from outstayed visas. What we need to do is make companies and other resources accountable for not being available for illegal immigrants. If we squeezed them out that way, they would be forced to gain citizenship or go home. But right now we cater to them and if we do not do anything about it they will eventually take over.

“Also, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I don’t want to leave any of that behind.” - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Addict
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Agreed. DO SOMETHING!!! At least when you do something you have a say in the outcome. You do nothing... well... if you get a crap sandwich you can't really complain can you?

This just blows my mind. Is it me or does the ACLU always seem to be on the wrong side of issues?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 114

I just ant to know who where what whu everyone is illegally in this country. That should be something that can be developed and implemented if people and companies are fined appropriately.

Heard about the fence repair people working everyday to fix the broken fences from the night before? Maybe we could put attack dogs ang the fence with robots to slow them down. Reall the Mexican govt is most of the problem with their handing out GPS and maps.

Last edited by Wesley; 08-15-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Is it me or does the ACLU always seem to be on the wrong side of issues?
    Only if you don't believe in Civil Liberties.

Addict
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Oh come on. The judge wasn't "making his own law", he was doing his job and enforcing the constitution and laws of this country. Just because a judge rules in a way you disagree with does not mean he is "making his own laws", no matter how many times Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh say so.
    A person wants a secure border and that makes them a Karl Rove or Rush Limbaugh fan? That comment is ignorant at best.

No, if the Judge was enforcing the Constitution and laws of this country he would have ruled that the Fed. govt. is in violation of it and allowed Hazelton to make it's laws as a compensatory measure for that lack of enforcement.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

A person wants a secure border and that makes them a Karl Rove or Rush Limbaugh fan? That comment is ignorant at best.
    Did I say that? No.

No, if the Judge was enforcing the Constitution and laws of this country he would have ruled that the Fed. govt. is in violation of it and allowed Hazelton to make it's laws as a compensatory measure for that lack of enforcement.
    Now THAT would be a judge making up laws to fit his/her personal views!

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,715
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 18

Did I say that? No.

Now THAT would be a judge making up laws to fit his/her personal views!
    Are YOU an illegal or what bawbie?

“I’m just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard,” Eustachy joked. “If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, he’ll be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.”

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Are YOU an illegal or what bawbie?
    Bawbie is right.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 103

I like the idea of facing this issue from another direction. Rather than try to stop them from coming in so bad, we could just make it impossible to live here until they're legal. If each city would hold itself accountable to hiring and housing only legal immigrants, then over time they would have to return home to find work. Obviously, this is a corrupt world and that would kill a lot of business, especially ones that have politicians in their back pockets. But ideally, it still could be cheaper than building a huge @$$ wall and monitoring it 24/7.

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 312

IMO, this is one of those issues that almost every voter agrees on. Yet, because our government is in bed with big business nothing is ever done about it. We need fresh blood in the government and voting for the mainstream candidates wont get it done.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

God that article just makes my blood boil.

"The ordinance that's been enacted by Hazleton is unconstitutional. It's counterproductive. It's contrary to federal law. It's gonna lead to discrimination and divisiveness in that community, and it's not within the power of local governments to enact these kind of ordinances,"

They're here ILLEGALLY. I-L-L-E-G-A-L. What part of that don't people like these attorneys and the ACLU understand? It's not within the power of local gov't and law enforcement to respond to an illegal element in it's midst?

They have a vaild concern about the wrong people possibly being affected by this. It's sure to happen that legal immigrants (or even regular US citizens of ethnic decent) will get mixed into the fray. And while that's regrettable, it's also like saying that we're not going investigate a bank robbery because we might arrest the wrong person.

I have nothing against immigrants. I worked in a manufacturing plant for 8 years when I first moved to DSM, and a healthy chunk of the labor were Vietnamese and Somoli. I think most were here legally, but I couldn't tell you for sure. But for the most part, they were good, hard working people.

And I don't blame the illegals for being here. I'd want a better life for me and mine too. But it's a disservice to those who play by the rules and stand in line - i.e. my sister-in-law - to just turn a blind eye to illegal immigration.

And let's do the pre-emptive strike against "they do jobs American's don't want" arguement. It's more of a "they do jobs for pay that American's won't do it for" in most cases. And even if it's not, and we need the cheap labor - then open more legal immigration paths.

Fact is, no politician is really going to do much about it, because illegal immigration serves them more than it ever hurts them. It's like the environment, or education or social services. Great campaign material then nothing really happens for the next 4 years.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 08-15-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Don't spew that crap. I don't listen to Rush and I've never heard Karl Rove speak so that's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Illegal immigration is against the law right? So how is this judge not making his own laws when he says that Hazelton doesn't have the right to deny ILLEGALS work and a place to live?? Seriously, please answer that for me. Hazelton is trying to enforce laws against illegal immigration but a judge is saying they don't have the right to do that....so in reality, the judge is making his own rules.