CFH was not happy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,247, Level: 74
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,303
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,816
    Points
    57,247
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 77

    CFH was not happy

    If you haven't seen the press conference, you should watch it. Coach was understandably seething. The players came out lackadaisical and just jogged around. Defensive effort was awful. When you score 83 points you shouldn't lose, so offense isn't a problem.

    We have a decent team, but as CFH said they need to play hard from the opening tip. DG is the only one who seems to be consistently aggressive, although Calvin is clearly starting to get more comfortable. I love CG's how his free throw shooting has improved. I'm sure the game this Saturday will be much better.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 407,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,048
    Points
    407,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Bad habits from last year.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 143,689, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    6,052
    Points
    143,689
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 30

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    If you haven't seen the press conference, you should watch it. Coach was understandably seething. The players came out lackadaisical and just jogged around. Defensive effort was awful. When you score 83 points you shouldn't lose, so offense isn't a problem.

    We have a decent team, but as CFH said they need to play hard from the opening tip. DG is the only one who seems to be consistently aggressive, although Calvin is clearly starting to get more comfortable. I love CG's how his free throw shooting has improved. I'm sure the game this Saturday will be much better.
    I'm glad. If he'd of tried to polish that turd I would have had some serious doubts about whether he could get it done.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 407,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,048
    Points
    407,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

    Re: CFH was not happy

    That is probbaly why we went full court to get more energy going.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 91,556, Level: 94
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,700
    Points
    91,556
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: CFH was not happy

    He sounded very unhappy on the post-game radio interview too. He called it a terrible loss and said they had been going easier on them in practice lately trying to save their legs but since that is the kind of effort they have shown on the floor he is going to work them hard in practice the rest of the week. Mentioned he thought we were just walking to our spots on offense at the start of the game and that was not the kind of effort he wants to see.


    Go Cubs Go!

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,455, Level: 92
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    87,455
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    Re: CFH was not happy

    He better be mad. Coaches should be mad when their team loses a must-win and should-win game.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,455, Level: 92
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    87,455
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    I'm glad. If he'd of tried to polish that turd I would have had some serious doubts about whether he could get it done.
    He looked legitimately ******, and I like it.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 60,737, Level: 76
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,244
    Points
    60,737
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 4

    Re: CFH was not happy

    LETS GET MAD AGAIN!!!!!!!



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,985, Level: 71
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,148
    Points
    53,985
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 644

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    He better be mad. Coaches should be mad when their team loses a must-win and should-win game.

    Well...your right of course about must win/ should win game. But what you seem to miss is that it was a Must Win & Should Win game for Texas Tech as well.


    You knew that in this game that the team that got the early momentum was gonna ride that 'big mo' all the way to a win.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,253, Level: 90
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,253
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Bad habits from last year.
    OMG- you know Anderson, Ejim, and Godfrey weren't on the team last year. And JVB didn't play much.

    Here is a news flash. They played with horrible effort last night and that is not GMac's fault. It isn't the thin bench and it wasn't because the other team was bigger.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,253, Level: 90
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,253
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    That is probbaly why we went full court to get more energy going.
    WE went full vourt because we were down by 11 and running out of time.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,027, Level: 70
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,182
    Points
    52,027
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 15

    Re: CFH was not happy

    No doubt we came out flat and I'm also glad Fred was mad. But we were picked dead last for good reason, and some more of that showed last night. The fact is we have no interior offense or defense, and we knew that going in. Our bench is short and only has freshmen. Tech played well last night, we had nobody that could slow down Singletary inside, and they also shot well outside. They were picked to finish ahead of us in the conference by about 6 spots, so they have talent. Eric said it best last night, we have to hit perimeter shots with at least 7 or 8 3's. Other teams know that and are trying to stop it, as Tech did last night, and we didn't hit many open 3's either. Fred isn't making excuses, and I'm glad he's not, but we fans knew this team had some major flaws going into the season. We just got spoiled with phenomenal 3 point shooting most of the year that hasn't been there recently.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 11,506, Level: 32
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    470
    Points
    11,506
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    No doubt we came out flat and I'm also glad Fred was mad. But we were picked dead last for good reason, and some more of that showed last night. The fact is we have no interior offense or defense, and we knew that going in. Our bench is short and only has freshmen. Tech played well last night, we had nobody that could slow down Singletary inside, and they also shot well outside. They were picked to finish ahead of us in the conference by about 6 spots, so they have talent. Eric said it best last night, we have to hit perimeter shots with at least 7 or 8 3's. Other teams know that and are trying to stop it, as Tech did last night, and we didn't hit many open 3's either. Fred isn't making excuses, and I'm glad he's not, but we fans knew this team had some major flaws going into the season. We just got spoiled with phenomenal 3 point shooting most of the year that hasn't been there recently.
    This. Tech last night was the way Iowa State had played up to the Mizzou game; making 3's and jump shots. Simply put, we're just not making shots that we've been making all season and since we do not have an inside out game, it will get ugly when shots aren't falling. Tech also shot 80% from the 3 pt line last night in the second half.... It happened 3 times in about a 2 min span where we'd cut the deficit to 5 or 6, Tech would come down and hit a contested 3 pointer with about 8 sec left on the shot clock. Frustrating as ****, but that's basketball.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 271,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Give some credit to Tech. Knight adjusted his starting lineup specifically for us and it paid off bigtime. I think the Mizzou game and now the Tech game show teams how to beat us or at least make us find a different way to win.

    I honestly think Tech caught us a bit off guard with their lineup change and we did a poor job of adjusting to it.

    I thought we'd start 0-5 and win this one so we are right where I thought we'd be. Gonna be tough the rest of the way. Scotty desperately needs to get his stroke back, JVB needs to play some D, and Ejim just needs to relax and have fun. Actually, all of them do.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 407,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,048
    Points
    407,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

    Re: CFH was not happy

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    OMG- you know Anderson, Ejim, and Godfrey weren't on the team last year. And JVB didn't play much.

    Here is a news flash. They played with horrible effort last night and that is not GMac's fault. It isn't the thin bench and it wasn't because the other team was bigger.
    Last night same losing habits we saw last year. Let DG do the work on offense. Sit back and not challenge the shooters. Same rebounding as last year where we do not box out.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM