Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 34,098, Level: 56
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,763
    Points
    34,098
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 88

    #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Projected at 184; has decommited to Rutgers football. Penn State was interested before he committed to football. Do we go after him. I say yes. Potential 4 time AA, can not go hard.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 140,903, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,521
    Points
    140,903
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 475
    Given: 497

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    That'd be awesome. We've got decent guys at his weight next year but no earthshakers.

    Now if he could manage a cut to 133...



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 48,199, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    sodakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    48,199
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    That'd be awesome. We've got decent guys at his weight next year but no earthshakers.

    Now if he could manage a cut to 133...
    Maybe if he cut both his LEGS off.


    Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

    And thank you Stumpy for this:

  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 6,158, Level: 23
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19
    Points
    6,158
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    No way does he go down to 84, he's 6'3, he's projected at 197. I bet we only go after him if he can fill the hwt spot. He's a full scholley kid, doubt we have a full scholley to go towards another 97 pounder. If Cael gets him, I'd be seriously curious how he is funding all those kids he's got with only 9.9 scholley $. That sure is an eyebrow raiser



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 34,098, Level: 56
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,763
    Points
    34,098
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 88

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by Intheno View Post
    No way does he go down to 84, he's 6'3, he's projected at 197. I bet we only go after him if he can fill the hwt spot. He's a full scholley kid, doubt we have a full scholley to go towards another 97 pounder. If Cael gets him, I'd be seriously curious how he is funding all those kids he's got with only 9.9 scholley $. That sure is an eyebrow raiser
    The latest article I read stated this:
    Campolattano is a 191-pound mixture of speed, strength and smarts on the mat. A fourth straight state title is all but a certainty. And when people talk about future titles, itís not just college.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 56,262, Level: 73
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    colbycheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    56,262
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 128

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by Intheno View Post
    No way does he go down to 84, he's 6'3, he's projected at 197. I bet we only go after him if he can fill the hwt spot. He's a full scholley kid, doubt we have a full scholley to go towards another 97 pounder. If Cael gets him, I'd be seriously curious how he is funding all those kids he's got with only 9.9 scholley $. That sure is an eyebrow raiser
    I thought 9.9 scholarships was what ISU budgeted for, not how much all wrestling teams are allotted. Maybe Penn State doles out more scholarship money. Does anybody know for sure?



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 140,903, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,521
    Points
    140,903
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 475
    Given: 497

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by colbycheese View Post
    I thought 9.9 scholarships was what ISU budgeted for, not how much all wrestling teams are allotted. Maybe Penn State doles out more scholarship money. Does anybody know for sure?
    9.9 is the NCAA limit. It used to be 11, but then all men's sports were cut by 10%

    Penn State has better facilities than us right now, but not more scholarship money.

    This extremely low scholarship limit is a big part of why Cornell is doing so well, in my opinion. Since most wrestlers are on either no or just partial scholarship anyways, the chance to go to an Ivy League school means a lot.


    Last edited by Judoka; 01-29-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,065, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    237
    Points
    8,065
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Dont count on seeing him in Ames.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 40,665, Level: 62
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,665
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 4

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    9.9 is the NCAA limit. It used to be 11, but then all men's sports were cut by 10%

    Penn State has better facilities than us right now, but not more scholarship money.

    This extremely low scholarship limit is a big part of why Cornell is doing so well, in my opinion. Since most wrestlers are on either no or just partial scholarship anyways, the chance to go to an Ivy League school means a lot.
    I would say just the opposite. What does 0.8 of a scholarship leave in terms of expense responsible by the athlete at ISU? I am sure that same 20% is that much more at an Ivy league school like Cornell. Unless your family is very well off, it may still not be an option, unless they do some weird things with scholastic scholarships.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 40,665, Level: 62
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,665
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 4

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1306 View Post
    Dont count on seeing him in Ames.
    Do you know something, or is this just a defeatist attitude? PSU already has Morgan McIntosh coming. If Campo wants to wrestle, ISU is a great opportunity. Kevin Jackson seems to be able to coach the big guys. He was actually a more successful international wrestler than Sanderson.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 34,098, Level: 56
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,763
    Points
    34,098
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 88

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Do you know something, or is this just a defeatist attitude? PSU already has Morgan McIntosh coming. If Campo wants to wrestle, ISU is a great opportunity. Kevin Jackson seems to be able to coach the big guys. He was actually a more successful international wrestler than Sanderson.
    He don't know anything. I do think it's a long shot. I think he'll stay out east or go to OTC. If he could make 184 our chances improve, because Gadsen will be at 197. I don't know if he's interested in Hwt.



  12. #12
    Prospect
    Points: 2,486, Level: 14
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Points
    2,486
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    He don't know anything. I do think it's a long shot. I think he'll stay out east or go to OTC. If he could make 184 our chances improve, because Gadsen will be at 197. I don't know if he's interested in Hwt.
    Based on his interview, he may stay out East, but doubt that he would go to the OTC. Seems like he is VERY interested in a good education. Cornell could be high on his list.



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Points: 1,871, Level: 12
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    25
    Points
    1,871
    Level
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: #3 Andrew Campolattano is back on the martket

    Curious...does anyone know where Brandon Abernathy (Indianola) is going. He gave gadson one heck of a time last year in the state tourney. It would be nice to snag another Iowa kid.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM