Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 44

Hoke-A-Mania

"What you gonna do, when the big blue comes crashing down on you!"

Hoke-A-Mania

Just thought it was a clever headline. I posted it only because I know there are some others who are also Michigan fans on this board. Can't wait to see the shirts in the students section.

I'm PROUD of ISU and Michigan (the teams I have love for) for having coaches that seem to be really stand up men and great role models for our student athletes.

"The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

- temperflare

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 43

Re: Hoke-A-Mania

I still don't know about Al Borges, but Hoke has an "A" in every other catergory to this point. I pray Borges can use Denard how he needs to be used.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I still don't know about Al Borges, but Hoke has an "A" in every other catergory to this point. I pray Borges can use Denard how he needs to be used.
    Yeah, its strange with Borges. It's as if he has a year or so of brilliance and then mediocrity for a few years. Perhaps he is a product of the talent on the field more so than they are a product of his. One of my biggest complaints during the Lloyd Carr era was that I felt we were spoiled with talent and that made up for the lack of coaching ability. This was even more evident after I became a Cyclone fan. With ISU, it is imperative that coaches get the absolute most potential out of players in order for us to be successful, even moderately.

"The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

- temperflare

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by temperflare View Post
    Yeah, its strange with Borges. It's as if he has a year or so of brilliance and then mediocrity for a few years. Perhaps he is a product of the talent on the field more so than they are a product of his. One of my biggest complaints during the Lloyd Carr era was that I felt we were spoiled with talent and that made up for the lack of coaching ability. This was even more evident after I became a Cyclone fan. With ISU, it is imperative that coaches get the absolute most potential out of players in order for us to be successful, even moderately.
    There was one game that frustrated me more than eveer with the Michigan offense. It was the bowl game against Florida. Of course, that was a successful day but at the end of it, I stood up and said "Where has that gameplan been the last 10 years?" I mean, they were suppossed to be going up against a team that wwas so much faster than them, the SEC speed if you will, and that offense went up and down the field. Mike Hart fumbles twice, both in the redzone and one inside the five, and they still win. That offense was just dominant with a totally different look than I had ever seen at Michigan. A constant shotgun attack with three receievers and Mike Hart taking handoffs even out of the shotgun was almost unstoppable that day. Meanwhile for the previous 10 years, we had run zone right and left with the occasional end around but little creativity or boldness. I don't want to go back to that. Also, remember, Borges had a core at Aurburn made of Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Jason Campbell. That year was the outlier.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 30

Muck

Fichigan