Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler was a big help

2011 NFL playoffs: Chicago Bears' Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler is not a quitter - ESPN Chicago

the video isn't as in depth as the radio interview Waddle and Silvy did with Hanie. If you scroll dwon below the vid in the middle of the article you can play the radio interview.

Some of Hanie's quotes from the interview:

"I really can't believe it's blown up like it has. It's crazy to me. Knowing Jay personally for over two seasons now, he's one of the toughest guys you'll meet," Hanie said. "He'll sell out for the team, he'll die for the team. You never once heard him throw anybody under the bus, never thrown an offensive lineman under the bus, never thrown his receivers under the bus. There's a lot of times in his career here when he could have easily done that, and he always stuck up for them and just commented on his own play."

"He's shown great leadership throughout his time here in the locker room. People just kind of question that stuff because they see sometimes he might have a grumpy look on his face. But we know him, and we know that he would die to play. When you can't physically help the team and you're hurting the team, then everyone realizes it would be better if you sit out."

"He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Then after we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bit after that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to the sidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just got to go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.' So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. I guess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened."

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 18

Re: Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler was a big help

Quote Originally Posted by CYcoFan View Post
    2011 NFL playoffs: Chicago Bears' Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler is not a quitter - ESPN Chicago

the video isn't as in depth as the radio interview Waddle and Silvy did with Hanie. If you scroll dwon below the vid in the middle of the article you can play the radio interview.

Some of Hanie's quotes from the interview:

"I really can't believe it's blown up like it has. It's crazy to me. Knowing Jay personally for over two seasons now, he's one of the toughest guys you'll meet," Hanie said. "He'll sell out for the team, he'll die for the team. You never once heard him throw anybody under the bus, never thrown an offensive lineman under the bus, never thrown his receivers under the bus. There's a lot of times in his career here when he could have easily done that, and he always stuck up for them and just commented on his own play."

"He's shown great leadership throughout his time here in the locker room. People just kind of question that stuff because they see sometimes he might have a grumpy look on his face. But we know him, and we know that he would die to play. When you can't physically help the team and you're hurting the team, then everyone realizes it would be better if you sit out."

"He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Then after we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bit after that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to the sidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just got to go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.' So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. I guess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened."
    But he still sucks.

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,109
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

I'm a Packers fan and a Cutler hater, but this has been blown way out of proportion. The man was injured, a sprained MCL is a lot worse than it sounds, and who's to say he wasnt helping when the camera wasnt on him?

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

First of all, based on what all the experts say this can't be true. Jay Cutler was the worst teammate of all time during that game.

What would the reaction have been if he went in injured and threw multiple interceptions because he couldn't perform. He would be getting thrown under the bus just the same. The only way that he doesn't get thrown under the bus is if he wins.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 885
    Given: 624

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyAddict View Post
    I'm a Packers fan and a Cutler hater, but this has been blown way out of proportion. The man was injured, a sprained MCL is a lot worse than it sounds, and who's to say he wasnt helping when the camera wasnt on him?
    Fox had a chase camera on Cutler the whole game, like they did on the Metrodome when it sprayed water on the turf. The new paparozzi.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 100

Glad to see his teammates stepping up for him. There will still be media pundits ripping him.

Which is sad because regardless of what camera shows it's the teams perspective that matters.

Every one thought he wasn't talking to Caleb because of camera shots but here you hear quite the opposite is true.

All-Star
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,316
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 6

Can't be true. It's just so much easier to believe that after getting sacked 57 times during the season, rushing for two touchdowns the week before and rarely sliding when he scrambles, he probably just quit in the middle of the biggest game of his life because he didn't want to play anymore.

I also heard Aaron Rogers punched that cancer lady in the face.

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Pro
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,443
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 3

Lies! Culter is Hitler and Bin Laden rolled up in one. His poor performance continues the downward spiral of the economy and his sour **** looks is the cause of Global Warming. He is the reason we don't have a cure of Cancer and Aids. His selfishness is making children starve around the world and he kicks puppies.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,032
    Given: 2,418

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Lies! Culter is Hitler and Bin Laden rolled up in one. His poor performance continues the downward spiral of the economy and his sour **** looks is the cause of Global Warming. He is the reason we don't have a cure of Cancer and Aids. His selfishness is making children starve around the world and he kicks puppies.
    Incorrect. Hitler would be offended to be compared to Jay Cutler. Hitler wasn't no quitter!!!

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Incorrect. Hitler would be offended to be compared to Jay Cutler. Hitler wasn't no quitter!!!
    Well, according to main stream history, he did quit the biggest game of all when he shot himself in that bunker.

Walk On
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 14

Jay "Babyface" Cutler is a P.O.S. in my opinion, poor work ethic. Glorified JaMarcus Russell..

Speechless
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,032
    Given: 2,418

Quote Originally Posted by 247cy View Post
    Well, according to main stream history, he did quit the biggest game of all when he shot himself in that bunker.
    That's where the textbooks lie to you. He fooled people into thinking that he moved to Argentina. He also fooled Marvel Comics into belittling the idea of his survival by creating the Hate-Monger character, thus making the whole notion seem absurd.

In reality, he rotates between homes in Kenya, Arkansas, Hawaii, and Texas, from where he has been the blood father of every U.S. President since World War II. He even adopted Eisenhower.

This is why mainstream history just isn't good enough.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

A couple of things I have never understood about the perception of Jay, at least since he came to Chicago:

1) He is selfish.

- He is anything but selfish. If he is selfish why haven't you heard him throw the O-line or WR's under the bus? There have been many opportunities for both, yet he hasn't.

2) He isn't level headed.

- Couldn't be further from the truth. Jay never gets too high or too low. He celebrates with the team after the good plays, but never dwells on the bad plays. He never gets overly emotional, except for the rare instance he has barked at a ref for not flagging PI.

3) He isn't a leader

- This was basically addressed by Olin Kreutz this past offseason. Olin said he (Jay) earned a lot of respect from guys like himself and other Vets for the way he lead the team the final 2 games last year against Min and Det. They realized then that he wouldn't quit on the team. He has been a leader ever since. Not vocally, but the vocal leaders are Kreutz, Urlacher, Briggs, Chris Harris, Tillman, etc. Guys like Cutler and Peppers lead by example. They work hard, are good team-mates and conduct themselves in a professional manner. (notice Peppers isn't an outspoken guy and he has been rpped in the past for taking plays off too, complete BS)

Just because Jay doesn't provide sound bites or doesn't fit the stereotypical QB profile doesn't mean he isn't a good QB.

Last edited by CYcoFan; 01-24-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by sdillon500 View Post
    Can't be true. It's just so much easier to believe that after getting sacked 57 times during the season, rushing for two touchdowns the week before and rarely sliding when he scrambles, he probably just quit in the middle of the biggest game of his life because he didn't want to play anymore.

I also heard Aaron Rogers punched that cancer lady in the face.
    Didn't he slide in the 1st half of the GB game, taking the Bears out of field goal range...? Maybe that is how he hurt his knee.

All-Star
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,316
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 6

Cyco, you're right, Cutler does catch a lot of undeserved flak. I think it stems from a few areas.

1) Asking to be traded from Denver. Admittedly not very mature, but looking at the way Josh McDaniels ran the team into the ground over the past two seasons, it wasn't completely unjustified.

2) Cutler is stand-offish with the media. Watching his press conferences, he clearly doesn't enjoy answering questions from reporters. He's not Favre or Joe Namath, charming reporters and getting them on his side. This leads to less than sympathetic portrayals of Cutler. And once that media narrative is developed, it's repeated across many sources.

3) He pouts. I don't mean Cutler's sulking on the sidelines or during the game, his face just looks like that. He has a perma-frown that makes people think he's constantly ******.

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits