Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 85

scoring woes discussed at yahoo

Article about Bolte and the lack of scoring support.
    Iowa State looks for scoring punch - College Women's Basketball - Rivals.com

All-Star
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

Re: scoring woes discussed at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    Article about Bolte and the lack of scoring support.
    Iowa State looks for scoring punch - College Women's Basketball - Rivals.com
    Could have substituted Lacey for Bolte in that article and you would have thought it was this time last year. Only difference we were 1-2 and the win was at CU with Lacey basically taking over the game to win it. If Bolte could have got off a clean shot at the end of regulation (she was fouled but it was not called) it would have been a win.

Last year we lead off with losses to the eventual Big 12 champ (NU) and the eventual Big 12 tournament champ (aTm), before getting the CU win. This time it will take four games, but we will have played likely the two best teams in the conference already. Just let the CU game get away. I look for a big bounce-back this weekend.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Royalclone View Post
    Could have substituted Lacey for Bolte in that article and you would have thought it was this time last year. Only difference we were 1-2 and the win was at CU with Lacey basically taking over the game to win it. If Bolte could have got off a clean shot at the end of regulation (she was fouled but it was not called) it would have been a win.

Last year we lead off with losses to the eventual Big 12 champ (NU) and the eventual Big 12 tournament champ (aTm), before getting the CU win. This time it will take four games, but we will have played likely the two best teams in the conference already. Just let the CU game get away. I look for a big bounce-back this weekend.
    A big bounce back still may not end up with a win. Hope so, but its a daunting task. We don't match up well with ATM but that is why they play the games.

Pro
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

I love BF last line, we have to to more making practice....

With the exception of the NU game where we pulled away, this team really seems to play at the level of its opponent. As Baylor continues to rip through Big 12 opponents, our 12 point loss to them looks pretty good. We seem to say this a lot, but if ISU can get its shots and scoring rolling early, I think they will make it competitive with A&M this weekend. I think Anna will have a big game. My biggest concern for this game is how our guard court will handle A&M's ball pressure. Schroll back could help us here. The other key will be making this a grinder game. A&M really likes a fast pace game and doesn't like the slow down game. Duke beat A&M by forcing them to score in the 1/2 court and gave them no transition game. I think our defense should be good this game.

Go clones.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

We have some players that are capable of being scoring options if they would realize it and be more agressive. Prins especially is plenty capable if she would just get a mean streak in her. She's usually the biggest player on the floor other than Griner in any game and she has the outside shoot too. Poppens sometimes is that player too except she has limited range. I think Mansfield needs to get a little more agressive at times too, she is a great pass first PG but she has the speed to get by her defenders and get an open look once in awhile. Schroll can be the same way sometimes too but she seems like she is lacking confidence in her shot right now.

Go Cubs Go!

Walk On
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    My biggest concern for this game is how our guard court will handle A&M's ball pressure. Schroll back could help us here. The other key will be making this a grinder game. A&M really likes a fast pace game and doesn't like the slow down game. Duke beat A&M by forcing them to score in the 1/2 court and gave them no transition game. I think our defense should be good this game.
    We should be well-prepared for them defensively. Can our posts be physical enough offensively, and when they play off of Jess, Chas, Harris (until she hits a 3), can they play aggressively and make them guard us 5-on-5? Shooting is half practice, half confidence, hopefully we are making progress.

Pro
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

I'm going on a limb here, but I think ISU wins. As bad of a feeling I had before the CU game, I have a good feeling about this game. Hilton should be well-attended Saturday, and A&M does have its offensive weaknesses, we have to stop their dribble penetration though.

All-Star
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

They fought all the way with aTm, but the lack of consistent offense from anyone other than Bolte continues to be the problem. Bolte made her case to be first team All-Big 12. Lauren showed she can play the point against the toughest defenses. I think her size may be affecting her ability to find Pop inside sometimes.

Adams is a stud. I was hoping out of college that ISU would recruit her. She is 6'1" but her arms are those of someone about 6'6". She has a big body she can put on anyone inside, and she can go outside and shoot the three. Her not qualifying to go MU, ultimately cost Stein her job. Even if she got there, keeping her eligible would not have been easy. Of course, with Blair and aTm, I doubt that is much of a problem.

You may have heard that she was going to go to Arkansas. Blair took care of that by getting Arkansas' top recruiter, Johnnie Harris to join his staff. As soon as that happened, they had Adams locked. Before Arkansas, Harris was Kay Yow's top recruiter and is credited with getting a name from out past, Gillian Goring to go to NC State.