Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 4,361, Level: 19
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Points
    4,361
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    DG and the buzzer.

    So Garrett has had the ball in his hands twice this season at the end of the game with a chance to win! Both times weve lost the game cause DG turned the ball over with enough time for the other team to get the last shot! Garretts whole career I havent liked him taking buzzer beater shots of any kind. To many times we havent got a shot off at all or had to force up a bad one. He dribbles around to much and doesnt get anywhere forcing him to take a bad shot or turn it over. When do we give the ball to Anderson and say lets see what you can do?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 88,843, Level: 92
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,334
    Points
    88,843
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 20

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    I agree 110%, prepare to be bashed hardcore though.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 395,482, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,923
    Points
    395,482
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 301

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Two times it looked like he started to make his move three seconds too early so that the other team can come back on us.

    The last 5 seconds of regulation time on defense was a pretty smooth defense plan on our part though.

    Wonder if DG could have dropped the ball off sometime and then one of our outside shooters do a pump fake and draw the foul from the perimeter. Michael Jordan use to do it all the time....


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 14,409, Level: 36
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    618
    Points
    14,409
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydog04 View Post
    So Garrett has had the ball in his hands twice this season at the end of the game with a chance to win! Both times weve lost the game cause DG turned the ball over with enough time for the other team to get the last shot! Garretts whole career I havent liked him taking buzzer beater shots of any kind. To many times we havent got a shot off at all or had to force up a bad one. He dribbles around to much and doesnt get anywhere forcing him to take a bad shot or turn it over. When do we give the ball to Anderson and say lets see what you can do?

    I think the OSU game is different then Nebraska. He had passed to a wide open player last night and then got called for a charge which was somewhat questionable.

    I still think we have the best chance with Garrett driving or creating an open shot for someone else like last night.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,801, Level: 76
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,850
    Points
    60,801
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Two times it looked like he started to make his move three seconds too early so that the other team can come back on us.

    The last 5 seconds of regulation time on defense was a pretty smooth defense plan on our part though.

    Wonder if DG could have dropped the ball off sometime and then one of our outside shooters do a pump fake and draw the foul from the perimeter. Michael Jordan use to do it all the time....
    Yes, let's take the ball out of the best player on the floor's hands. The guy they haven't been able to guard all night, and the guy they are double teaming at times to get the ball out of his hands. Makes sense.

    Really amazing how so many people hate on this guy, best guard in the conference, but people don't want to admit it. Really amazing.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 59,829, Level: 75
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,206
    Points
    59,829
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    We didn't lose the game in regulation, it went to overtime, unlike the Nebraska game where worst case scenario happened.

    The ball needs to be in DG's hand at the end of the game. Period.



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 4,361, Level: 19
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Points
    4,361
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyatheart View Post
    Yes, let's take the ball out of the best player on the floor's hands. The guy they haven't been able to guard all night, and the guy they are double teaming at times to get the ball out of his hands. Makes sense.

    Really amazing how so many people hate on this guy, best guard in the conference, but people don't want to admit it. Really amazing.
    And yet at the end of clock they find a way to stop him. In ot Anderson started to be agressive and good things happen just like the game against his old team. Id like to see him get a chance sometime. Hes proven he can get to the basket and score as good as anyone when hes agressive.
    And he likes taking the bigs shots.


    Last edited by Cydog04; 01-20-2011 at 09:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 42,722, Level: 63
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    clones26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,537
    Points
    42,722
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 14

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Anderson...really!? Did you see him try to run the offense, not good. He also made the turnover that essentially lost the game in OT when it was 84-84.


    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra


    @cyfert26 on Twitter

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 66,121, Level: 79
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,181
    Points
    66,121
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 44

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    DG and JVB are teh reasons ISU was in position to win. Maybe he was tired after 40 minutes of play?

    You would think that Greg McD was writing these comments himself. DG has become a Big 12 star.......and I would think that FH has something to do with that.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 217,633, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,278
    Points
    217,633
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Actually this is the third time. UNI also


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  11. #11
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,682, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,040
    Points
    302,682
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 742

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Last night was a totally different scenario than the previous ones. He drove, bad call and we lost.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 11,826, Level: 32
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    asmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    503
    Points
    11,826
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Why don't we call out Ejim for making a horrible pass at halfcourt for the turnover when we were up 76-72, then call out Ejim for fouling on that layup and also not stepping up to defend the best 3-pt shooter on the team when OSU down 3?

    Did Garret make a mistake at the end of the game? I guess - as he got called for a (horrible flop) offensive foul. But he had broken down the D and had Palo wide open on the corner for a 3.

    What about Vanderbeken getting the offensive rebound when we were up 6 and then just dribbling it out of bounds? He doesn't do that I'm sure we win the game. Could have run another 35 off the clock.

    Our players made a lot of bonehead plays near the end of regulation last night, but you can't just blame one player. Show me a player in basketball when every time he has the ball in a last-chance-to-win situation that he's perfect? We collapsed as a team when we had a chance to get to 2-2 in the conference. Can't believe you are blaming this on Garret. He had 22 in regulation and consistently broke down OSU and controlled the game beautifully. I'm with CYATHEART and DRCHIRO -- Diante is at the top for guards in the big 12 and needs the ball in his hand to give us the best chance to win.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 21,497, Level: 44
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,533
    Points
    21,497
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    I can coach a team to beat Iowa State at the end of close games(I couldn't get them in a close enough position to begin with but..) Every team knows Diante will have the ball and he is willing to go 1 on 5 with no help or isolation. Its not that Diante isn't great because he is a premier Big 12 point guard but at the end of games he's not premier enough to take on a whole team concentrated on him.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 21,497, Level: 44
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,533
    Points
    21,497
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Why don't we call out Ejim for making a horrible pass at halfcourt for the turnover when we were up 76-72, then call out Ejim for fouling on that layup and also not stepping up to defend the best 3-pt shooter on the team when OSU down 3?

    Did Garret make a mistake at the end of the game? I guess - as he got called for a (horrible flop) offensive foul. But he had broken down the D and had Palo wide open on the corner for a 3.

    What about Vanderbeken getting the offensive rebound when we were up 6 and then just dribbling it out of bounds? He doesn't do that I'm sure we win the game. Could have run another 35 off the clock.

    Our players made a lot of bonehead plays near the end of regulation last night, but you can't just blame one player. Show me a player in basketball when every time he has the ball in a last-chance-to-win situation that he's perfect? We collapsed as a team when we had a chance to get to 2-2 in the conference. Can't believe you are blaming this on Garret. He had 22 in regulation and consistently broke down OSU and controlled the game beautifully. I'm with CYATHEART and DRCHIRO -- Diante is at the top for guards in the big 12 and needs the ball in his hand to give us the best chance to win.
    100% agree with all of this! Ejim- Freshman mistakes, Vanderbeken-5th year Senior Unexcusable, Diante this isn't his first go around with same results. Team drives results and we are good at it for 37-38 minutes then it becomes Diante.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 28,826, Level: 52
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 924
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,466
    Points
    28,826
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: DG and the buzzer.

    Go back and watch DG's defense in the last 3-4 minutes of the game..... Atrocious!!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM