Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

GREAT to see The Mayor back in GIA

It was great to see Fred coaching the Cyclones in Stillwater last night. I was a student at OSU back when Fred was a player. He was always a fan favorite as far as opponents go.

I truly hope that he can bring back the Iowa State Cyclones I grew up watching. I think he outcoached Ford, maximizes output from his players and has his team playing with good discipline. It reminded me of Johnny Orr (or even Eddie Sutton) coached teams from back in the day. Iowa State played pretty well and I am still surprised they didn't win.

I still haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Hilton, but now that the Big XII will go back to true home-and-home scheduling next season (like the old Big 8 days), I hope to make it up there sometime.

I will be rooting for you guys the rest of the way and I hope the Cowboys don't have to play the Cyclones in the Big XII tournament.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,516
    Given: 1,305

Re: GREAT to see The Mayor back in GIA

I was a student here when he was a player.
    People need more old guys like us floating around.

Amazing game last night.
    I mean this politely, but will you enjoy Fred when his teams turn into what we think they'll be?

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Speechless
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,154
    Given: 601

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post

Amazing game last night.
    I mean this politely, but will you enjoy Fred when his teams turn into what we think they'll be?
    Allow me to intercede on Chad's behalf.

No.

No, he will not.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

My Guess is Fred did not enjoy last night. I'll bet he is still awake watching the game over and over thinking how did this happen? Fred is a winner and this kind of loss will haunt him until they can get back to practice and prepare for Mizzou.

Prospect
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post

Amazing game last night.
    Honestly, yes. If Oklahoma State can't compete against Kansas/Texas and now Missouri/A&M/Baylor/Kansas State/Iowa State, then Oklahoma State needs to take care of its own house.

I'm a "ships in the harbor" guy...

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PistolChad View Post
    Honestly, yes. If Oklahoma State can't compete against Kansas/Texas and now Missouri/A&M/Baylor/Kansas State/Iowa State, then Oklahoma State needs to take care of its own house.

I'm a "ships in the harbor" guy...
    Right on- Always enjoyed OSU's style of play, especially the way they play defense. I have great respect GIA but sick of losing there. As long as your team is losing in ames we're OK...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,402
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 14

Thanks. We think that Hoiberg is going to have a great shot at being successful here.

My favorite fans in the Big 12 by far are Oklahoma STate fans. I'm excited we are going back to playing you twice a year in basketball.

All-Star
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Thanks. We think that Hoiberg is going to have a great shot at being successful here.

My favorite fans in the Big 12 by far are Oklahoma STate fans. I'm excited we are going back to playing you twice a year in basketball.
    Agreed. I've interacted with a lot of fanbases, between Big 12 basketball tournaments and NCAA wrestling tournaments and OSU fans are top shelf. I honestly haven't run into a bad one yet and actually have made friends with a few of them that we get together with every year at the NCAA wrestling tournament.

Thanks for the post Chad. While last night was an epic gut punch loss for ISU, I feel very good about the way this team plays and the direction FH has us going. Fred is the type of guy that is nearly impossible not to respect.

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 10

One thing that I noticed was many empty seats. Not too long ago, IBA was full at all times. They are in a similar transitional period as we are. With Hoiberg at ISU and Ford at OSU, both buildings will be full once again, sooner than later.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

OSU is the closest thing we have to a "brother" in the B12 IMO. Some will say KSU, but no friggin way.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 10

Thanks for the nice comments, and great job by the Cowboys thumping Arizona who beat the squawks.

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks for the words. Also Okie State is my favorite Big 12 team outside of ISU. They have a lot of similarities. Smaller fanbase, have to deal with another school in our boarders that get the media attention and so on. Now if we can find our big time donor...maybe someday.

Prospect
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post

I will be SHOCKED if Hoiberg isn't successful. Orr, then Floyd, then Eustachy were all excellent coaches IMO. I was not impressed when Morgan was hired. I didn't know a thing about McDermott.

Quote Originally Posted by ca4cy View Post
    Agreed. I've interacted with a lot of fanbases, between Big 12 basketball tournaments and NCAA wrestling tournaments and OSU fans are top shelf. I honestly haven't run into a bad one yet and actually have made friends with a few of them that we get together with every year at the NCAA wrestling tournament.

Thanks for the post Chad. While last night was an epic gut punch loss for ISU, I feel very good about the way this team plays and the direction FH has us going. Fred is the type of guy that is nearly impossible not to respect.
    Fred is an intelligent and classy guy that demands respect. He doesn't seem like the type to throw fits on the sidelines with the refs. Ford could use some lessons in that. I was surprised to see some Cyclone fans bag on Keiton Page. Page is somewhat of our Fred Hoiberg...certainly not as much of a pretty boy for the ladies, but like Big Country a small town Oklahoma kid who grew up wanting to be a Cowboy and will bleed orange long after his playing days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    OSU is the closest thing we have to a "brother" in the B12 IMO. Some will say KSU, but no friggin way.
    A lot of OSU alumni my age (from the Big 8 era) view Iowa State in the same way. Both land-grant universities in states where we have to deal with a "big brother". Both have great basketball palaces with hit-and-miss football. If not for Boone Pickens, we would still be struggling with football. Unfortunately the AD is so focused on football, the eye has been taken off of the basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    One thing that I noticed was many empty seats. Not too long ago, IBA was full at all times. They are in a similar transitional period as we are. With Hoiberg at ISU and Ford at OSU, both buildings will be full once again, sooner than later.
    Yeah it hurts to see the empty seats at GIA. The fanbase cannot agree on the reason(s) why...focus (and dollars) on football or the Oklahoma City Thunder ($10 games and more convenient for the fanbase) or fans upset with the AD over how both Suttons were handled and Ford isn't loved like the Suttons were or the ticket policies drove away a lot of longtime season ticket holders. I think its a combination of all of them.

When the Big XII was formed, I was not happy about not visiting Hilton and Phog every season. It will be good for Texas, A&M, and Baylor to have to make those trips every season too. I expect Baylor and A&M to fall back down to doormat status in the Big XII in a few seasons. It will take a long time for Oklahoma and Texas Tech to ever get any traction with fellow doormats Nebraska and Colorado leaving the conference. I think Missouri and Kansas State will fall a bit after having to play Texas and Oklahoma State twice a season and not being able to play Nebraska and Colorado twice a season any longer.