Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Ridiculous

Now it was under my understanding that this site was a place to talk about ISU athletics. I see no problem of speculating about possible injuries or rumors. Most of what is put on here or other sites is just that, speculation. That is what message boards are, someone hears something and then posts it to get peoples opinions. Because i see speculation is anything that happens without a credible source, so when Jeremy posts possible targets for basketball isn't that just speculation or a rumor, I say yes because there is nothing to back it up. Jeremy states he has sources, i don't doubt he does, but how do you know some of the posters don't have sources too? Other sites allow this type of discussion. If you are going to start a message board you can't just talk about what you want you have to open it up, now i know some subjects may get out of hand, but if something is being talked about logically then why close the thread? Look at the threads you closed see how many hits are on them, realize that some of these discussions are what the cyclone fans want to talk about. Sorry i don't mean to make this sound bad. I do realize Jeremy's sources may not want some discussions on here, but as long as Jeremy isn't confirming a story based on speculation and rumor, than it doesn't hurt anything.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239
    Speculating on recruits, how the season will go, etc is one thing. Injury speculation is an entirely different animal. Generally, it’s only ok to discuss such things once the coaching staff has officially released the info.

Improper speculation about an injury can cause a nasty ripple effect...mainly...Jeremy and the other Cyclone websites not being kept informed by the ISU athletic office in the future - should they allow such improper speculation to go on.

Should you disagree with this policy...try a different website. Although, you'll find the same exact policy is enforced elsewhere.

Walk On
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

ok

And improper speculation about a recruit doesn't cause a ripple effect? Improper speculation about anything can cause a ripple effect. I see where you are coming from, i just don't really understand it, i was just stating my opinion.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Should someone state "ISU just signed (player)" and it not be true...that would get yanked from any website as well. There's just not as big of a problem with recruiting discussions as there is with injuries.

It's simple...abide by the rules of whatever site your on. If you don't agree with them, locate a site that better suits your needs.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Uhh, how can improper speculation on an injury be worse than improper speculation on recruiting? An injury can be confirmed or denied very easily with no harm done. Recruiting is such a hot topic, with so many rumors out there, it's hard to confirm anything because coaches simply can't confirm or deny anything.

I am not sure why that thread was closed either I guess.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Sheesh...perhaps I should have worded this better.

ANY improper speculation on this site...or any other Cyclone site I am a member of...is not nor ever will be tolerated.

How's that? :)

Walk On
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

understandable

But there is a thread about Iowas D end that is open and that is purely speculation as well in fact you wrote:

ISUFAN22 said "Yes...that is what the rumor is...yet the word is it will be cleared up soon."

So not to be nit picky but that should be closed too. So is it just rumors to do with ISU? because it was also posted on here about harrison beck before it was final. I;m just trying to see what i can a can't post.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I guess I am just trying to decipher what is intolerable and what isn't??

Addict
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8
    Harrison Beck talk was allowed because his mother made it public that he was upset. There was a story on ESPN to back up the claims. And the speculation about Iowa's D didn't have to do with a potentially season changing injury, but instead the fact that Ken Iwebema may have to miss two "very important" games against Montana and Syracuse because of something school related.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    The thing that is kind of starting to suck is that this site used to be very open and engaging - which I think is one of the primary reasons for its early success, and now it is starting to become very Dictatorial. It is very frustrating to have a few people quashing threads simply because there is discussion of a potential injury. As far as a damaging 'ripple effect' - what the heck does that mean? If Curvey is injured, then he is injured - if he is not, then the poster's source was mistaken. How does that discussion damage anything? Will Curvey's feelings get hurt that someone thought he was injured in practice? This site was built on Cyclone fans looking for an enjoyable alternative to CN & CR, and the same people jeremy embraced at the beginning are the same people you moderators are now telling "Go somewhere else if you don't like it". Have some tact. As a one-time donor to this site with plans for future donations, I would think that I am helping to fund a site that allows a reasonable amount of free discussion/speculation.

Walk On
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

thank you Helgo

Appreciate the input, i totally agree thats why i started this, although yours sounds better, mine was more of a rant. But thanks!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 389
    The speculation on Harrison Beck was pretty much cut in stone when he disappeared from school and missed two key practices. Nebraska was goiung to deep six the young man, especuially after what he did at the spring game as a prima donna.And they would not have cut off our Cyclone sources.

Harrison Beck and Brent Curvy have different implications to the people who run this board.

Let's make a man law: We can speculate about Sooners, Big Reds, Purples, ShowMes, Squakeyes, but tread lightly for Clones.

Injuries are big news, rumors can make big news, offers are only offers. Maybe a policy should be established so Moderator can just say: "See the policy/Notice the new Thread Closing/Beware your language."

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    This site was built on Cyclone fans looking for an enjoyable alternative to CN & CR, and the same people jeremy embraced at the beginning are the same people you moderators are now telling "Go somewhere else if you don't like it".
    Look guys, I dont want to have to fight you on this, but I am sure that jeremy has a good reason for why we cant talk about this stuff. You need to trust him.

Jeremy has provided such a great thing here for all cyclone fans to share. What he doesn't recieve in donations, he pays for out of his own pocket for this site. He works tirelessly on this site on top of his full-time job and family. I am proud to call Cyclone Fanatic the website where I get all my Cyclone information and Jeremy has been kind enough to allow us all to take advantage of the information that he has at his disposal for free. If it weren't for Jeremy and this site, I probably wouldn't even know that Craig Brackins has commited yet. Lets stop focusing on the negatives of this site (negatives that every other site shares) and focus on the positives, like the fact that we get premium information for free. You can fight Jeremy tooth and nail over this if you want, but that doesn't change the facts.

Thank yo Jeremy for all that you have done on this site. I am deeply appreciative of your hard work.

God Bless America

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by crooksie_26 View Post
    But there is a thread about Iowas D end that is open and that is purely speculation as well in fact you wrote:

ISUFAN22 said "Yes...that is what the rumor is...yet the word is it will be cleared up soon."

So not to be nit picky but that should be closed too. So is it just rumors to do with ISU? because it was also posted on here about harrison beck before it was final. I;m just trying to see what i can a can't post.
    The dilema you are having here can simply be answered via one question...

Did Kirk Ferentz address the issue with his defensive lineman? Yes

Had Dan McCarney said anything about a possible injury to Curvey (or any defensive lineman for that matter)? No.

Prospect
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    The thing that is kind of starting to suck is that this site used to be very open and engaging - which I think is one of the primary reasons for its early success, and now it is starting to become very Dictatorial. It is very frustrating to have a few people quashing threads simply because there is discussion of a potential injury. As far as a damaging 'ripple effect' - what the heck does that mean? If Curvey is injured, then he is injured - if he is not, then the poster's source was mistaken. How does that discussion damage anything? Will Curvey's feelings get hurt that someone thought he was injured in practice? This site was built on Cyclone fans looking for an enjoyable alternative to CN & CR, and the same people jeremy embraced at the beginning are the same people you moderators are now telling "Go somewhere else if you don't like it". Have some tact. As a one-time donor to this site with plans for future donations, I would think that I am helping to fund a site that allows a reasonable amount of free discussion/speculation.

I really don't have a problem with what Jeremy deems aceptable or not acceptable, it's his site, he can do what he wants, but to have a moderator tell you to 'go somewhere else if you don't like it' is the type of thing that pushes people away from here regardless of how they feel about the topics removed, etc. I would hope that Jeremy would disapprove of such an ignorant view on how to treat his members.