Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 795,967, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,296
    Points
    795,967
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 226

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Just the thought of the 2011-12 team makes me get goosebumps. That team has the potential of going somewhere around 29-6 or so. The team is just going to have athletic freaks all around. Then have great talent coming off the bench. Good Lord help the other teams.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Just the thought of the 2011-12 team makes me get goosebumps. That team has the potential of going somewhere around 29-6 or so. The team is just going to have athletic freaks all around. Then have great talent coming off the bench. Good Lord help the other teams.
    Slow down there 21, we don't even know our schedule for next year or if any of the freshmen will be ready to play



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 865,398, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,032
    Points
    865,398
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,868
    Given: 1,608

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Slow down there 21, we don't even know our schedule for next year or if any of the freshmen will be ready to play
    I think the freshmen will be largely irrelevant next year. I don't think they will have a huge # of minutes with all of the guys ahead of them.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 58,649, Level: 75
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CloneState1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    58,649
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    29-6? Whoaaaa buddy. Depending on the schedule I'd settle for 23-10 or so and a Tourney bid. One step at a time.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Slow down there 21, we don't even know our schedule for next year or if any of the freshmen will be ready to play
    I understand that, but those freshman are going to have trouble even playing over the transfers(that will be ready) plus playing over Godfrey, Scotty and ext..I'm not worried about the incoming freshman. This team is going to be REALLY good. And don't tell me not to get exited. How can you control yourself with a team like this coming in next year?


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 865,398, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,032
    Points
    865,398
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,868
    Given: 1,608

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    The only limit to the # of wins next year is the # of games.

    We ought to be very, very good.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I think the freshmen will be largely irrelevant next year. I don't think they will have a huge # of minutes with all of the guys ahead of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    I understand that, but those freshman are going to have trouble even playing over the transfers(that will be ready) plus playing over Godfrey, Scotty and ext..I'm not worried about the incoming freshman. This team is going to be REALLY good. And don't tell me not to get exited. How can you control yourself with a team like this coming in next year?
    One of the freshmen is going to have to play a lot of meaningful minutes at the PG spot unless McGhee does so well there that he gets 30 of the minutes. And you might as well throw McGhee in as an unkown as well.

    Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the team and what they can do but 29-6 in the Big 12 gets you a 2 or 3 seed. That would be quite the season. We still don't know our schedule



  9. #9
    Starter LonoClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    679
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    I understand that, but those freshman are going to have trouble even playing over the transfers(that will be ready) plus playing over Godfrey, Scotty and ext..I'm not worried about the incoming freshman. This team is going to be REALLY good. And don't tell me not to get exited. How can you control yourself with a team like this coming in next year?
    It gets easier after puberty, son. Don't worry, we all went through it.


    Wear the fox hat.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 865,398, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,032
    Points
    865,398
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,868
    Given: 1,608

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    One of the freshmen is going to have to play a lot of meaningful minutes at the PG spot unless McGhee does so well there that he gets 30 of the minutes. And you might as well throw McGhee in as an unkown as well.

    Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the team and what they can do but 29-6 in the Big 12 gets you a 2 or 3 seed. That would be quite the season. We still don't know our schedule
    Understood on the schedule, and the PG is probably an unknown.

    I was comfortable before the season believing that Fred would put this thing together for a very nice season. I'm comfortable believing that he can do more next year with more players.

    Whoever is playing in the guard court will get special attention from Fred. That should get us to a pretty solid position.

    I don't think a 2 or 3 seed would be a real surprise for next year's team. I'm not worried about typing that.

    Worst thing that happens would be that I'm wrong on the Internet.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,979, Level: 26
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    255
    Points
    7,979
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Chris, So did Fred expand further on the other players in the rotation? Were White and Babb the only guys he actually mentioned by name?

    It's going to be real exciting to watch the backcourt battle between Scott, Allen, Babb, Odunsi, McGee, Sledge, Bubu. I hope Melvin can continue his development and slide into more minutes at the wing. Also hope Cook can come back healthy, but I guess a redshirt would not be the worst for him, as he seems a little raw.

    White sounds like a lock to start, then it just depends on who has progressed between Godfrey, Railey, Booker, McKnight. Maybe Railey could also use a redshirt?



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 13,729, Level: 35
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    564
    Points
    13,729
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    I would hope that by now Cyclone fans will have recognized the importance of point guard play. Average to below average guard play and PG play in particular has been our downfall the previous 4-5 years. This year we are getting all-conference PG play and people are buzzing about our team's performance.

    We break in a new PG next year. Bubu may the favorite at this point. McGee by all accounts is really more of a 2. Odunsi is playing PG for the first time in high school. Sledge is a true point but is only 5-8, so we'll see how that goes over in the Big12. And FWIW, Sledge was moved to the 2 recently just for the good of his team. Coach said the rest of the team was standing around too much watching Sledge do it all with at PG.

    Losing Jake, DG and JVB is nothing to overlook.



  13. #13
    Publisher
    Points: 795,967, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,296
    Points
    795,967
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 226

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreClone View Post
    Chris, So did Fred expand further on the other players in the rotation? Were White and Babb the only guys he actually mentioned by name?

    It's going to be real exciting to watch the backcourt battle between Scott, Allen, Babb, Odunsi, McGee, Sledge, Bubu. I hope Melvin can continue his development and slide into more minutes at the wing. Also hope Cook can come back healthy, but I guess a redshirt would not be the worst for him, as he seems a little raw.

    White sounds like a lock to start, then it just depends on who has progressed between Godfrey, Railey, Booker, McKnight. Maybe Railey could also use a redshirt?
    If any of those bigs redshirt next year, I assume it would be McKnight.

    Fred didn't get into next year other than what I wrote. I plan on asking him some more questions about it in the future.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    Quote Originally Posted by LonoClone View Post
    It gets easier after puberty, son. Don't worry, we all went through it.
    Dumbest post in the history of CF old man. You can sit back and just watch, but i like pumping up my teams. I like knowing that were going to be a damn solid team.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  15. #15
    Publisher
    Points: 795,967, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,296
    Points
    795,967
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 226

    Re: Notebook: Sneak peak at 2011-12

    One thing that this team will REALLY miss next year is JVB's ability to spread the floor from the five-spot. Last week, Bill Self said that guarding a spread-five was one of the hardest things to game plan against in all of basketball.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM