Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 22

It's fun, isn't it?

I was thinking today that this season has just been a ton of fun so far. Last year after 3 straight losses to Northwestern, UNI, and Cal you kind of just knew that things weren't going to go so well for us. And then we get a big road Big 12 win at Nebraska and Lucca leaves. And then Scotty gets sick. And of course Jamie never comes back. And the whole thing was kind of just a grind.

And I know we haven't beat anyone of any real significance yet. And I know we have some tough losses that maybe we should have won. And we have a lot of tough conference games left and we all know how a run of the flu or another injury will just kill us.

But it has been fun to watch this team. I was excited before the year, but it seemed too much to ask that Hoiberg could actually coach. Or that DG could blossom under this system. Or that a new player would turn out to be the exact type of leader that any team needs. Or that this team would actually get along and enjoy playing together.

I know my mood may change this week, but I truly believe that we have a chance to get a win on the road this week.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: It's fun, isn't it?

For the first time in 5 years, i think we can go get a road win this week. The past 4 years i have expected a loss on every road game. I am happy to say that i know we can win Wednesday.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 170

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    I was thinking today that this season has just been a ton of fun so far. Last year after 3 straight losses to Northwestern, UNI, and Cal you kind of just knew that things weren't going to go so well for us. And then we get a big road Big 12 win at Nebraska and Lucca leaves. And then Scotty gets sick. And of course Jamie never comes back. And the whole thing was kind of just a grind.

And I know we haven't beat anyone of any real significance yet. And I know we have some tough losses that maybe we should have won. And we have a lot of tough conference games left and we all know how a run of the flu or another injury will just kill us.

But it has been fun to watch this team. I was excited before the year, but it seemed too much to ask that Hoiberg could actually coach. Or that DG could blossom under this system. Or that a new player would turn out to be the exact type of leader that any team needs. Or that this team would actually get along and enjoy playing together.

I know my mood may change this week, but I truly believe that we have a chance to get a win on the road this week.
    I'd say the Baylor win was significant. A win at either OSU or Mizzou would be huge for this team.

Go Cyclones!!

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post

I will quote the same line... You know, we don't really HAVE to beat anyone "of any real significance" ... sorta.. just win the games VS the teams that are about equal to us and we'll have a great year. Go 50/50 and we'll still have a 20 win year. Don't you guys think so?

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 170

You make a good point.

Go Cyclones!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,224
    Given: 1,834

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    I will quote the same line... You know, we don't really HAVE to beat anyone "of any real significance" ... sorta.. just win the games VS the teams that are about equal to us and we'll have a great year. Go 50/50 and we'll still have a 20 win year. Don't you guys think so?
    Sounds right to me. We get TT, OU, and Nebraska here at Hilton. Those ought to be wins.

Just need 3 more after that. Get one this week, like say Oklahoma State, we're moving right along.

Kansas State looks beatable. Get one against them, we're up to 5. Just need one more for that 20th win.

So I think you're right on. 20 wins is very reachable, and almost expectable right now.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Sounds right to me. We get TT, OU, and Nebraska here at Hilton. Those ought to be wins.

Just need 3 more after that. Get one this week, like say Oklahoma State, we're moving right along.

Kansas State looks beatable. Get one against them, we're up to 5. Just need one more for that 20th win.

So I think you're right on. 20 wins is very reachable, and almost expectable right now.
    you just jinxed it...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by JY07 View Post
    you just jinxed it...
    Just what I was thinking.

(knocking on wood profusely)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,224
    Given: 1,834

you just jinxed it...
    I think that COYFH can overcome this jinx.....

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Rookie
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

reminds me alot of McDermott's first year. Everybody had themselves convinced the future was bright. We land a 5star stud like Brackins right away, Wesley Johnson looked like a real steal and a future all-Big12 player. We win AT mizzou that very first conference game, come home beat nebraska, and then lose to kansas in overtime by 4 in Hilton. We know the wheels started to come off that next year with Wesley's injury and how the story ended.

I'm just saying this because I never take anything for granted anymore. We like the way things are going now, we think next year we have studs in waiting, but injuries, or off the court issues can turn things sour in a hurry.

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    reminds me alot of McDermott's first year. Everybody had themselves convinced the future was bright. We land a 5star stud like Brackins right away, Wesley Johnson looked like a real steal and a future all-Big12 player. We win AT mizzou that very first conference game, come home beat nebraska, and then lose to kansas in overtime by 4 in Hilton. We know the wheels started to come off that next year with Wesley's injury and how the story ended.

I'm just saying this because I never take anything for granted anymore. We like the way things are going now, we think next year we have studs in waiting, but injuries, or off the court issues can turn things sour in a hurry.
    yah we know...

we've paid attention to ISU athletics for awhile now

Legend
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 696

There isn't a single thing about this season that reminds me of any point in time during the GMAC era. In fact... it is quite the opposite. This team is fun to watch, plays together, plays fast, plays aggressive, plays smart, is well coached, is well prepared for games, is in better condition, etc..... the list could go on forever. To compare this team to anything even remotely smelling of the losing stench of GMAC is a slap in the face to the entire program.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 33

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    There isn't a single thing about this season that reminds me of any point in time during the GMAC era. In fact... it is quite the opposite. This team is fun to watch, plays together, plays fast, plays aggressive, plays smart, is well coached, is well prepared for games, is in better condition, etc..... the list could go on forever. To compare this team to anything even remotely smelling of the losing stench of GMAC is a slap in the face to the entire program.
    THIS!!!!

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 6

you are so wrong.

at least you have a sweet username.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 404

you just jinxed it...
    No, he did not jinx us. The word expectable is improper. The jinx has not been started.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.