Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Keeper Fantasy leagues

Ok, so last year was my first year of keeper leauges in Fantasy football. I enjoyed it and am looking forward again to this year, but have found some things that I wish for or do not care fore and was curious if there was anyone else out there in keeper leagues as well.

The one thing that we are having an issue with right now is the ability to trade draft picks for players on other teams rosters. A guy has set something up, but it relies more on the trust that the owner will indeed do the trade following the draft instead of having everything setup before hand or even during. Plus the other part that bothered me was that only three owners returned from last season, all the others are newbies( with still one unclaimed team).

So I cam curious in finding a keeper league that usually returns the same players every year. You have the ability to trade draft picks and players each year. Maybe only keep 2-3 players each year (thought that could vary) and the max of keeping players for only so many years. The one thing that was new to me that I really enjoyed was the waiver wire was done on a money standpoint. This made it fair for everyone to get a shot at a guy down the line. Plus it wasn't first come first serve like i have had in some leagues. Anyway, anyone know of any out there that fit this description.

Thanks in advance.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 186

Re: Keeper Fantasy leagues

I wouldnt mind finding the same thing. At the 1st year, EVERYONE is on board with doing a keeper league, but halfway through the 1st season a few people have already quit and a few more lose contact before the next season.

I forget if they do, but i think ESPN does keeper leagues and you pay for all 3 or so years in advance. Thats about the only way to guarantee people will come back.

Good luck, people in our fantasy baseball wanna make it a keeper, but im hesitant about how many people will actually come back.

#BEATIOWA

Addict
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well I am doing some searching on FantasyFootball.com to see where to go. I got a few good hits last year, but it was taking over older teams which i was fond of at the time. But now I would much rather do that than be in the situation that I'm in now.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I also found MyFantasyLeague.com which I remember from last year.

Here is one thing I found pretty cool on it

Player Salaries And Contracts

Fantasy football players can be assigned salaries and/or contracts to support even the most complex salary cap league options:
    • Default salaries can be assigned to all players
    • Enter your own salary value for each player
    • Salaries can even be assigned dynamically as part of the blind bidding waiver process when fantasy football teams pick up free agents
    • Fantasy football teams can be assigned a league-wide salary cap or each franchise can start with a different cap amount
    • Salary caps can be hard or soft
    • Keeper leagues can automatically increase player salaries by X-percent from one season to the next
    • Injured players can optionally count towards the fantasy football salary cap
    And here are the draft options, but dont talk about retained draft positions for keeper players and such:

Flexible Fantasy Football Draft Options

MyFantasyLeague.com lets you draft your way:
    • Live fantasy football draft - If all your fantasy football team owners are online at the same time, you can conduct a live draft, complete with an interactive chat room, a timer to keep things moving, and audio announcements of players as they're picked. Even if a few fantasy football owners can't be at the live draft, you can still make it work by having them rank players in advance using the pre-draft feature. Then the system will pick for them when it's their turn. You have complete control of what happens when the timer runs out (skip the pick or have the computer make a pick for them) and you can trade players, draft picks and trash talk with other fantasy football league owners throughout the draft.
    • Email fantasy football draft - If you would prefer to draft over the course of several days or even weeks, you can conduct an email draft. MyFantasyLeague.com tracks all the details and sends emails after each pick to update everyone on the progress. You can keep things moving with the pre-draft option, so the system picks for them if they're not available when it's their turn.
    • Auction-style, online fantasy football draft - You can also conduct an auction-style draft, where fantasy football players are put up for auction and each owner bids on the players they want. It's similar to an eBay auction.
    • Off-line fantasy football draft with FFLM - Import the results into your fantasy football league.
    For any of the online draft options, you can use a standard, serpentine or randomized fantasy football draft order, or you can customize the order and the number of picks per round to your liking.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

What site do you guys use for keeper leagues. ive been trying to find one but cant. My friends and i really want to do a keeper league.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Right now I am at FantasyBowl.com. There are a lot out there though.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Check out FFLeagues.com I have read some rules and looked at a few leagues already created and like the way they are structured. They use running drafts with salary/draft caps with player contracts. Plus 3 round rookie drafts.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

ok thanks for the help