Gable's typical commentary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 83,408, Level: 89
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,058
    Points
    83,408
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 0

    Gable's typical commentary

    Of course, our good ol' friend Gable seems more interested in getting updates of the Iowa/OSU meet than he is in the one that he is doing commentary of. Why can't we get someone else for our meets.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 146,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    11,160
    Points
    146,041
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 785

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Of course, our good ol' friend Gable seems more interested in getting updates of the Iowa/OSU meet than he is in the one that he is doing commentary of. Why can't we get someone else for our meets.
    Well, he is employed by Iowa... and that is a big meet. Wrestling fans are paying attention to it, even if they aren't fans of those teams specifically.

    He's also talked about being an ISU alum on this broadcast, did that bother you too?



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 87,482, Level: 92
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,868
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,150
    Points
    87,482
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 69

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Dan Gable showed up at the gym the other day and I joked around with him a bit.

    Totally different guy in person. He said take care when I left just came across as a really decent guy.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 185,216, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,557
    Points
    185,216
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 614

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Iowa 6
    OSU 3.

    Got that update!

    Dont blame him tho. The ISU guy is getting destroyed right now.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 103,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,462
    Points
    103,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 7

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Metcalf still lost!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 79,065, Level: 87
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    79,065
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    i think metcalf graduated last year



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 146,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    11,160
    Points
    146,041
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 785

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Weatherman is actually wrestling a decent match... maybe Jackson tricked him into thinking it is practice.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 28,618, Level: 51
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Scott34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    2,422
    Points
    28,618
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 69

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Just got back from the wrestling meet and I gotta say, that was one of the worst reffed(not sure how you spell it) meets I have ever been too! At no point was the ref consistant. Readers guy layed on the mat the whole time and he never once got hit for stalling. We then have a guy get hit for stalling for tying his shoe, give me a effin break. Minnesota has a guy do something to his headgear and never once get called for it, matter of fact the ref was over there being all chumy with the Minnesota guy and bench. Jones is on his feet wrestling and attempted a shot, they go back to their feet and jones get hit with stalliing 30 seconds later. Not saying any of this woulda changed the outcome but pretty pisspoor when you cant be somewhat consistant with your calls.


    "Its time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together"


  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Well, he is employed by Iowa... and that is a big meet. Wrestling fans are paying attention to it, even if they aren't fans of those teams specifically.

    He's also talked about being an ISU alum on this broadcast, did that bother you too?

    Dan is retired as of December



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott34 View Post
    Just got back from the wrestling meet and I gotta say, that was one of the worst reffed(not sure how you spell it) meets I have ever been too! At no point was the ref consistant. Readers guy layed on the mat the whole time and he never once got hit for stalling. We then have a guy get hit for stalling for tying his shoe, give me a effin break. Minnesota has a guy do something to his headgear and never once get called for it, matter of fact the ref was over there being all chumy with the Minnesota guy and bench. Jones is on his feet wrestling and attempted a shot, they go back to their feet and jones get hit with stalliing 30 seconds later. Not saying any of this woulda changed the outcome but pretty pisspoor when you cant be somewhat consistant with your calls.
    If I remember correctly the rulebook has something in it about tying your shoe in the middle of the match. It's not allowed. If your shoelaces are exposed you're supposed to tape them or something.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 28,618, Level: 51
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Scott34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    2,422
    Points
    28,618
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 69

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    You find the rule and i will disregard my statement. And then find another excuse for the pisspoor reffing


    "Its time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together"


  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 8,573, Level: 27
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Cyfan1843's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    542
    Points
    8,573
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 19

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott34 View Post
    You find the rule and i will disregard my statement. And then find another excuse for the pisspoor reffing

    Your both wright. Your shoe lases should be secured by tap or they new shoes have velcrow. This iliminates the I need a breath so I will tie my shoe timeout. But He was still very inconsitant in his stall calls-KJ and crowd let him know.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,958, Level: 80
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,793
    Points
    67,958
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    It's really too bad he tied his shoes between periods then.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 28,618, Level: 51
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Scott34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    2,422
    Points
    28,618
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 69

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    It's really too bad he tied his shoes between periods then.
    Exactly! Its not that he stopped the match with a 1:32 left to go in the 3rd period. He was not gased! Was he just supposed to let it go and trip over em? I call BS!!


    "Its time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together"


  15. #15
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Gable's typical commentary

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott34 View Post
    Exactly! Its not that he stopped the match with a 1:32 left to go in the 3rd period. He was not gased! Was he just supposed to let it go and trip over em? I call BS!!
    It doesn't matter when it is. Rules are Rules. You would be hard pressed now a days to find a pair of wrestling shoes that don't have a built in shoelace cover. I think the rule is kind of fishy but thats 100% on the athlete to make sure his shoes are tied and secure when he steps out on the mat.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM