Need 1 win in next 17 games to tie last year..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 30

Need 1 win in next 17 games to tie last year..

I am loving this team!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 12

Re: Need 1 win in next 17 games to tie last year..

If we play 17 more games we will be in the conf final, but I'm with you. I'll all in on the over, WAY over

Addict
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,297
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 143

Wow, way to stir up my hatred to GMac again..................Man is that sad.

Addict
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 457

Last years team also had more talent and depth. 1 first round NBA draft pick, a NBA D - League guy, not to mention Dendy who was a big time player off the bench. That tells you how bad a coach McDermott really was and how good Hoiberg and his staff are.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    Last years team also had more talent and depth. 1 first round NBA draft pick, a NBA D - League guy, not to mention Dendy who was a big time player off the bench. That tells you how bad a coach McDermott really was and how good Hoiberg and his staff are.
    This would be a mind-numbingly simple world if everything were so black and white. McDermott is a decent coach who didn't have the right players under him. Gilstrap, while a physical freak of sorts, was one of the most out of control and low-IQ players I've ever witnessed. Similar sentiments can be spoken about Dendy. I do agree that this year's staff could get more out of last year's guys - but not much. They were not CFH kind of guys.

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
    This would be a mind-numbingly simple world if everything were so black and white. McDermott is a decent coach who didn't have the right players under him. Gilstrap, while a physical freak of sorts, was one of the most out of control and low-IQ players I've ever witnessed. Similar sentiments can be spoken about Dendy. I do agree that this year's staff could get more out of last year's guys - but not much. They were not CFH kind of guys.
    He had 4 years to get the right guys! That's part of coaching he couldn't do it, and he isn't doing it at Creighton either.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 885
    Given: 624

Actually the last three years were fifteen wins.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 18

Gilstrap's lack of ball handling skills was the reason he didn't move on to the NBA. The rest of your assessment on him is hog wash.

Starter
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclone06 View Post
    He had 4 years to get the right guys! That's part of coaching he couldn't do it, and he isn't doing it at Creighton either.
    Actually, Creighton is about where the experts expected them to be. Factor in a new coaching staff, and McD is not doing too bad. I am not defending him, just don't like all the revisions of the truth that show up here. I am still trying to figure out how he screwed up as much talent as he had assembled last year. To me it looked like a chemistry/teamwork problem, brought on because Gilstrap and Brakins were given too much freedom, read that did not share the ball, and they did not believe in help defense.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 272

Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    Gilstrap's lack of ball handling skills was the reason he didn't move on to the NBA. The rest of your assessment on him is hog wash.
    I don't think there was anything wrong with the guys who were here last year, but I do think that the system they were playing in was not a good match for their abilities. What we are seeing this year is an up tempo system that is playing more to the strengths of the individual players that are here--more fast break points, ball screens to open up shots for Scotty C, real motion in the offense instead of just standing around means open lanes for DG to drive. Everyone has been pretty much healthy too, which is more than can be said about the last couple of short handed years.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 554
    Given: 115

GMAC getting the right guys under him is an impossibility. He ran off nearly as many players as he signed, and some of his best talent.

If GMAC "getting the right guys" means getting a bunch of mid-major athletes that will put up with his crap and can beat up on even crappier teams, then he found the right school in Creighton. However, the Big 12 isn't the place for such a situation.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 890

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgeezer View Post
    Actually, Creighton is about where the experts expected them to be. Factor in a new coaching staff, and McD is not doing too bad. I am not defending him, just don't like all the revisions of the truth that show up here. I am still trying to figure out how he screwed up as much talent as he had assembled last year. To me it looked like a chemistry/teamwork problem, brought on because Gilstrap and Brakins were given too much freedom, read that did not share the ball, and they did not believe in help defense.
    Wow, two reasonably intelligent posts in the same short thread. What is the CF world coming to?

It is apparent that McDermott's tenure was snake bitten. Too many odd things went wrong, all the way down to mono and injuries last season.

All that I can say is that it was apparently not meant to be--and let's let the past dwell in the past. We have plenty to be happy about now.

Last edited by Aclone; 01-17-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

Who knew?

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,533
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195

Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    No - I think it tells you how poorly last years team played together. Maybe there were some chemistry issues.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 885
    Given: 624

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Wow, two reasonably intelligent posts in the same short thread. What is the CF world coming to?

It is apparent that McDermott's tenure was snake bitten. Too many odd things went wrong, all the way down to mono and injuries last season.

All that I can say is that it was apparently not meant to be--and let's let the past dwell in the past. We have plenty to be happy about now.
    Things have been going wrong since he left UNI and now he has a ten years to fix them at CU. Let's dwell on the future. UNI and CU have both been passed up by Indiana State, Missouri State, and Wi(t)chita State.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,366
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 17

Okay, not to pick this apart but a coach is responsible for recruiting. Stop making excuses for this guy. There are hundreds of D1 calibur players out there every year to recruit to get the correct players into the system. In four years he didn't get the right players into his system? Okay, maybe a few turned out to be not as expected, but it's not their fault they didn't fit into his system.

No player can force a coach to let them play for ISU, it's the coach's and coaching staff's decision. No ******* excuses. McDermott obviously never knew how to recruit into his system if after four seasons he couldn't get the correct players.