Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Next Up - Colorado

Most likely because of her recognizable name, it seems like we've played Brittany Spears for ever. She and a player with another memorable name, "Chucky" lead the Buffs in scoring. Head coach Linda Lappe has the Buffs moving in the right direction. I won't be surprised if this game is closer than we'd like. Despite an 8-6 record, Realtimerpi has the Buffs as only a 3 point underdog. Their losses are to good teams and ISU is 0-3 against ranked teams. Here again, I think our inside strength will prove the difference and Prins will give the home state folks a show.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,128
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 89

Re: Next Up - Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    Most likely because of her recognizable name, it seems like we've played Brittany Spears for ever. She and a player with another memorable name, "Chucky" lead the Buffs in scoring. Head coach Linda Lappe has the Buffs moving in the right direction. I won't be surprised if this game is closer than we'd like. Despite an 8-6 record, Realtimerpi has the Buffs as only a 3 point underdog. Their losses are to good teams and ISU is 0-3 against ranked teams. Here again, I think our inside strength will prove the difference and Prins will give the home state folks a show.
    ISU isn't 0-3 against ranked teams. Perhaps currently ranked, but TCU was rated when we beat them.

CU scares me. They gave us everything we could handle there last year. Chucky can really go off on you. We need to have solid defense and really have that team offense that we saw in the second half Tuesday night.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    ISU isn't 0-3 against ranked teams. Perhaps currently ranked, but TCU was rated when we beat them.

CU scares me. They gave us everything we could handle there last year. Chucky can really go off on you. We need to have solid defense and really have that team offense that we saw in the second half Tuesday night.
    Sorry, I was using the current ESPN standings which includes record against current ranked teams. Our losses aren't so bad - Baylor, West Virginia and Iowa - we just don't have the wins to be over confident against CU which I think may be much better than their low rpi 143 vs our 37 would indicate, especially if their guards go off. Chucky was 11-19 in a losing effort against Kansas. Even so, I like us.

BF tweeted that is our last trip to Colorado. I hope not - I'd like to see us schedule Denver and/or Colorado State in the next couple of years' non-con. They'd be a little move up from some of our non-con (rpi 109/158) and would give Prins' folks more opportunity and would give us more exposure in Colorado. Colorado is likely to remain a good recruiting area without a strong in-state team - at least for a while.

Big 12 Conference Standings - Women's College Basketball - ESPN

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

Bring on the Buffalos...

I agree with Ben that Brittany Spears seems like a 10th year senior. Chucky has tats and even though their numbers don't show it, they are tough to play in Boulder. The wild card is that this is the last time Anna Prins gets to show her skills in front of family and friends. I have seen the crowds in Boulder that could be half the gate. I am thinking that she will have a big game. Back to Ms. Spears... we have to stop her and Chucky to get another win. We will have a advantage in the post but the guards better bring their A game because that is the Buffs strength. One to watch is Brittany Wilson out of Poly in Long Beach. One of the toughest programs year in and year out in Southern California. I still think we will beat them by 14 and steal one on the road.

Here are the names and numbers:

4 Blythe, Britney G 5-9 Sr. San Mateo, Calif. (St. Ignatius Prep)
    21 Dale, Chelsea G/F 6-1 Sr. Palos Verdes Estates, Calif. (Palos Verdes)
    40 Hargis, Rachel C 6-4 Fr. Robinson, Texas (Robinson)
    23 Jeffery, Chucky G 5-10 So. Colorado Springs, Colo. (Sierra)
    24 Malcolm-Peck, Brenna G/F 6-2 So. Boulder, Colo. (Horizon)
    14 Malcolm-Peck, Meagan G/F 6-2 So. Boulder, Colo. (Horizon)
    15 Seabrook, Julie F 6-3 Jr. North Vancouver, B.C. (St. Mary's/NEDA)
    22 Spears, Brittany F 6-1 Sr. Pasadena, Calif. (Pasadena/Notre Dame Prep [Mass.])
    12 Wilson, Ashley G 5-8 Fr. Long Beach, Calif. (Poly)
    11 Wilson, Brittany G 5-8 Fr. Long Beach, Calif. (Poly)

These are the stats for the Texas A&M vs Colorado game.
    ## Player p fgm-fga fgm-fga ftm-fta off-def tot pf tp a to blk stl min
    11 Wilson, Brittany * 3-8 1-4 5-7 0-2 2 3 12 2 3 0 2 24
    14 Malcolm-Peck, Meagan * 4-7 2-3 0-0 2-2 4 4 10 1 1 1 1 28
    15 Seabrook, Julie * 0-2 0-1 0-0 2-6 8 4 0 0 1 1 0 30
    22 Spears, Brittany * 8-17 5-8 0-0 2-4 6 4 21 0 5 2 0 32
    23 Jeffery, Chucky * 4-10 0-1 2-4 2-7 9 2 10 4 7 1 1 36
    04 Blythe, Britney - 1-2 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 2 1 1 0 0 8
    12 Wilson, Ashley - 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-1 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 7
    21 Dale, Chelsea - 1-3 0-2 0-0 1-1 2 3 2 2 5 0 0 21
    40 Hargis, Rachel - 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 3 0 0 2 1 0 14
    TM TEAM - - - - 0-2 2 - - - - - - -
    Totals.............. - 21-49 8-20 7-11 9-25 34 23 57 10 27 6 4 200
    42.9% 40.0% 63.6%
    Team summary: FG 3FG FT
    1st Half: 7-24 1-8 2-4
    29.2% 12.5% 50.0%
    2nd Half: 14-25 7-12 5-7
    56.0% 58.3% 71.4%

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

If we are scheduling Denver or Colorado State... why not schedule Augustana or St Cloud State or U of M Duluth. We could save money on travel and maybe find another Angie Wellie. I agree this one could be tight but I think the Clones still prevail. It will be important how Loz handles the pressure of the Brittany's and Chucky.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    If we are scheduling Denver or Colorado State... why not schedule Augustana or St Cloud State or U of M Duluth. We could save money on travel and maybe find another Angie Wellie. I agree this one could be tight but I think the Clones still prevail. It will be important how Loz handles the pressure of the Brittany's and Chucky.
    Yeah, lets schedule a bunch of DII/DIII games, that would really be beneficial to the RPI come tourney time.

Denver and CSU are both mediocre programs at best, I don't see BF adding either one to the schedule for a home and home. Second, we lose non-conference games starting next year with an 18 game conference schedule, leaving 11 non-conference games. Of those 11 games, there are three in state games, the B10/B12 challenge game against Michigan, 2 games over Thanksgiving in Reno, and most likely two games in the Cyclone Challenge against lesser foes, if this holds up that leaves three games to schedule, and I doubt they are against a Colorado school.

As for tomorrow, the key will be starting early. CU does not have a strong post game, we need to dominate that portion of the game, and they are poor FT shooters at 62%. It's always interesting in Boulder, have to see what happens.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    Yeah, lets schedule a bunch of DII/DIII games, that would really be beneficial to the RPI come tourney time.

Denver and CSU are both mediocre programs at best, I don't see BF adding either one to the schedule for a home and home. Second, we lose non-conference games starting next year with an 18 game conference schedule, leaving 11 non-conference games. Of those 11 games, there are three in state games, the B10/B12 challenge game against Michigan, 2 games over Thanksgiving in Reno, and most likely two games in the Cyclone Challenge against lesser foes, if this holds up that leaves three games to schedule, and I doubt they are against a Colorado school.

As for tomorrow, the key will be starting early. CU does not have a strong post game, we need to dominate that portion of the game, and they are poor FT shooters at 62%. It's always interesting in Boulder, have to see what happens.
    Okay. granted those are DII and DIII, so how about the four Dakota Div I schools. For that matter anybody in the Summit League would be good non conference foes. If we only have 3 games free to schedule I would choose southern schools to get some attention from our possible Texas recruits.

I hope Anna is enjoying the time with family and friends. A nice crowd would be a plus. If we can handle their pressure on the ball and be able to get the ball into the post on a regular basis we should have no problem. A win on the road is always a good thing. Co Clones...

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Bring on the Buffalos...

Good morning .... 8 1/2 hours to game time and hopefully a win on the road. The fridge is stocked and I am ready. I hope we start strong and Elly gets to play over 6 minutes. Go Cyclones.

Last edited by 907CY; 01-15-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

That would be "Buffaloes."

Thank you,

Dan Quayle

Dean Wormer was wrong. Fat, drunk and stupid was a great way to go through college (all five years of it).

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

I am actually worried about this game. Their coach really called them out after losing to KU. Boulder has always been a tough place for us to play.

On the upside, I don't think the CU offense will be enough to outplay our defense. They just don't have a ton of weapons. Seems BF is keyed on Wilson, which is probably a good thing not to overlook her.

Go Clones!

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

whats up with CU having players with names of pseudo-famous people? last year didn't they have a Whitney Houston on the women's team? I think their men's team has a Shannon Sharpe this season.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Starter
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 650
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Just bought my tickets. I think we have a group of about 8 going. Although I think only half of us are ISU fans.

I am really worried about this game too. Its going to be the last one in boulder and after the way the football game went I really hope they can pull it off.

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 31

CyBookie: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...-colorado.html

Not sure I personally care for the line though..

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I am disappointed that the men's game is at the same time. It will be the first time in a long time we can't watch the game on Foxsports Rocky Mountain also.

CU is usually a tough game and being only the second road conference game with the last two starts in conference play, I am very worried.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 21

anyone know how Jess Schroll is doing? she had a HUGE bump on her head

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."