Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 55,041, Level: 72
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AlleyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,608
    Points
    55,041
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Minnesota on ESPN

    For all the people saying Hilton wasn't loud enough last night, turn this game on and tell me who is louder, us or them? They're actually ranked too.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 274,405, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,332
    Points
    274,405
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 7

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    This has been one of the more entertaining games of the year.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 845,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,681
    Points
    845,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 523
    Given: 503

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Only saw the finish, but I really enjoyed it.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 62,157, Level: 77
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,093
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,713
    Points
    62,157
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Only saw the finish, but I really enjoyed it.
    Id like to think so because, honestly, who have we played at home with a pulse, Cal, and now Kansas....so far this year we are 3-4 against teams with a pulse....



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 11,661, Level: 32
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    asmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    502
    Points
    11,661
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    i just got back from the game. It was loud, but not even close to Hilton loud during good stretches. I realize the barn is way way smaller than Hilton, but it can get really loud. Tonight was decent.

    Believe me, the fan base up here definitely isn't in love with Tubby. They don't hate him, but they really have high blood pressure and ulcers because of him.

    Game was pretty darn good. Can't believe Purdue didn't put the ball in Johnson's hands more. He was so money in the first half. Kind of surprised that MN pulled it out. They stood around a lot on offense in the second half. Looked like us last year a bit.

    Finally, I'm glad we didn't get Colton Iverson. I've been to several games up here and watched many more on TV. That kid is weak, scared and confused on the court. Big body, but he doesn't do anything with it. He's pretty much only good for 5 fouls. I know you guys will say we could have used him last night... or at least his fouls, but trust me I'd rather not have to deal with the black hole he is on the offensive side of the court.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 51,045, Level: 69
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Prone2Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127
    Points
    51,045
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Being louder then The Barn is not the measuring stick for Hilton Magic.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 177,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,880
    Points
    177,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 132

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Doesn't the Barn hold a ridiculous amount of people?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 845,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,681
    Points
    845,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 523
    Given: 503

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Doesn't the Barn hold a ridiculous amount of people?
    Only about 400 more than Hilton.

    They're ridiculous by nature of being Minnesotan, though.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,013, Level: 63
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,650
    Points
    42,013
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Prone2Clone View Post
    Being louder then The Barn is not the measuring stick for Hilton Magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Only about 400 more than Hilton.

    They're ridiculous by nature of being Minnesotan, though.
    In the past, The Barn was the largest college basketball arena in the country with a capacity of over 18,000. Over the years there have been multiple reconfigurations for a variety of reasons to reduce the current capacity to 14,625.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,815, Level: 91
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,635
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,204
    Points
    85,815
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    I love the barn.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 402,105, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,286
    Points
    402,105
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 60

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Do you suppose they call it "The Barn" because they used to hold various types of farm animals in there?


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 16,280, Level: 38
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TheAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fridley, MN
    Posts
    275
    Points
    16,280
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    i just got back from the game. It was loud, but not even close to Hilton loud during good stretches. I realize the barn is way way smaller than Hilton, but it can get really loud. Tonight was decent.

    Believe me, the fan base up here definitely isn't in love with Tubby. They don't hate him, but they really have high blood pressure and ulcers because of him.

    Game was pretty darn good. Can't believe Purdue didn't put the ball in Johnson's hands more. He was so money in the first half. Kind of surprised that MN pulled it out. They stood around a lot on offense in the second half. Looked like us last year a bit.

    Finally, I'm glad we didn't get Colton Iverson. I've been to several games up here and watched many more on TV. That kid is weak, scared and confused on the court. Big body, but he doesn't do anything with it. He's pretty much only good for 5 fouls. I know you guys will say we could have used him last night... or at least his fouls, but trust me I'd rather not have to deal with the black hole he is on the offensive side of the court.

    1. Tubby Smith is the best thing to happen to Minnesota Basketball since I've been alive. I don't know who you've been talking to, but everyone I know loves Tubby.

    2. Colton is still a sophomore. He is only going to get stronger and more confident, and from what I've seen, he is far from a black hole. Devoe was a black hole. And if anyone on the Gophs is confused all the time its Ralph.


    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 41,057, Level: 62
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,050
    Points
    41,057
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 10

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Id like to think so because, honestly, who have we played at home with a pulse, Cal, and now Kansas....so far this year we are 3-4 against teams with a pulse....
    My gawd you are just a ray of sunshine aren't you?

    The schedule is what it is. ISU's record is what it is. I don't understand why you constantly have to rip on it.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 150,442, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,029
    Points
    150,442
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 1

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by josephc View Post
    1. Tubby Smith is the best thing to happen to Minnesota Basketball since I've been alive. I don't know who you've been talking to, but everyone I know loves Tubby.

    2. Colton is still a sophomore. He is only going to get stronger and more confident, and from what I've seen, he is far from a black hole. Devoe was a black hole. And if anyone on the Gophs is confused all the time its Ralph.

    I don't know just how old you are, but Clem Haskins won 10 NCAA tournament games while at Minnesota, including a Final4 trip in 1997. Sure, all hell broke loose after an acedemic scandal, but it is still hard to ignore what Minnesota was like in the mid-1990s. Tubby is a great coach, but until he has some type of NCAA tournament success, Haskins will be the guy that put Minnesota basketball on the map. Before Haskins, Minnesota had a total of 2 NCAA Tournament appearances. Haskins is to Minnesota what Orr was to ISU.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 150,442, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,029
    Points
    150,442
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 1

    Re: Minnesota on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Id like to think so because, honestly, who have we played at home with a pulse, Cal, and now Kansas....so far this year we are 3-4 against teams with a pulse....
    Your numbers indicate that we are 3-4 against teams you claim have a pulse:

    Wins: Creighton, Iowa, Virginia

    Losses: UNI, Cal, Nebraska, Kansas


    How you decided to include Iowa in the "teams with a pulse" category is beyond me. They are ridiculously horrible. 7-9 does not equal having a pulse.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM