Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 58

Trip Advisor

I like going to this site to check out reviews of motels by real people who've visited there. You have take what's said with a little grain of salt because complainers tend to post more than happy people, but you can certainly pick up trends on places as well as some pretty good ideas.

I really got a laugh out of this gal who was venting about a recent trip to Jamaica. She said they took away her freedom of free speech. I laughed out loud and thought "honey that's something you take for granted here in the USA, but you were visting a different country; yet assumed your "rights" automatically transfer."

I've been really embarrased to see how some Americans act visting other countries at times.

Back on topic, if you've never been here, it's a good site.

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

Last edited by Bobber; 01-13-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 478

Re: Trip Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    I like going to this site to check out reviews of motels by real people who've visited there. You have take what's said with a little grain of salt because complainers tend to post more than happy people, but you can certainly pick up trends on places as well as some pretty good ideas.

I really got a laugh out of this gal who was venting about a recent trip to Jamaica. She said they took away her freedom of free speech. I laughed out loud and thought "honey that's something you take for granted here in the USA, but you were visting a different country; yet assumed your "rights" automatically transfer."

I've been really embarrased to see how some Americans act visting other countries at times.

Back on topic, if you've never been here, it's a good site.

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

We use tripadvisor for all of our hotels that we book in Europe and they've always been accurate. I usually make sure they have 400+ reviews.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 478

Re: Trip Advisor

I go out of my way to be nice to people when I'm traveling and have had very few bad experiences.

The one thing I'm trying to get better at is traveling light. It makes such a huge difference when you're on planes, trains, and auto's. Pulling a big *** suitcase sucks. I'm going to Italy in a couple of months for 10 days and I plan on just taking one bag (a carry on) for everything.