Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thoughts on game and future of program

After attending last night's game, I truly feel we are in the process of building this basketball program back in order. Hilton Magic is a work in progress (let's be honest with ourselves, it has been lost for the past 4-5 years) and it is going to take some time to get back to what it once was. Give it time fans, if any of you are like me, the feeling I got at the game last night was one that I have not felt in a long time. It just felt like we are so close to getting this program where it need to be Remember we are building it back up, it is not BUILT yet. Students great job! Keep it up... There will be some bumps in the road but we are moving in the right direction.

I have been able to attend a couple practices in the new bball facility. Here are a couple notes on transfers:
    --Babb and Allen are studs. Both can shoot lights out. This is not a knock on Scotty as he is one of my favorite Cyclones, but he would not be starting if these 2 were eligible. We will have some depth next year at the 2/3 position. Babb reminds me of Horton. Bigger for the guard position but can knock down the open shot when needed.
    --Allen can jump out of the gym. Best dunker on the team hands down. Saw him toss it between his legs in the air and dunk (ala JR Rider in the day). Very impressive. Also has a quick release and has been working on it religiously. Shot reminds me of Willoughby's.
    --Booker is a physical freak. Dude could be in body building magazines. Just flat out ripped. Has a good shot but also quick ups. Will be a great compliment to Ejim next year.
    --White is a manchild. Don't know if this has been mentioned or not but he has HUGE hands. From the bottom of his hand to the top of his middle finger is 11.5 inches. If you don't believe me, just ask him. It is like shaking hands with a baseball glove. He will be exactly what we need down low next year...a force in the paint.

Clones are in a rebuilding time but the calvary is on its way. Stay positive and support this program. Good times are coming!

Go Clones!

Last edited by Clone Fan; 01-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 25

Re: Thoughts on game and future of program

Next year is going to be fun!

Starter
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Fan View Post
    After attending last night's game, I truly feel we are in the process of building this basketball program back in order. Hilton Magic is a work in progress (let's be honest with ourselves, it has been lost for the past 4-5 years) and it is going to take some time to get back to what it once was. Give it time fans, if any of you are like me, the feeling I got at the game last night was one that I have not felt in a long time. It just felt like we are so close to getting this program where it need to be Remember we are building it back up, it is not BUILT yet. Students great job! Keep it up... There will be some bumps in the road but we are moving in the right direction.

I have been able to attend a couple practices in the new bball facility. Here are a couple notes on transfers:
    --Babb and Allen are STUBS. Both can shot lights out. This is not a knock on Scotty as he is one of my favorite Cyclones, but he would not be starting if these 2 were eligible. We will have some depth next year at the 2/3 position. Babb reminds me of Horton. Bigger for the guard position but can knock down the open shot when needed.
    --Allen can jump out of the gym. Best dunker on the team hands down. Saw him toss it between his legs in the air and dunk (ala JR Rider in the day). Very impressive. Also has a quick release and has been working on it religiously. Shot reminds me of Willoughby's.
    --Booker is a physical freak. Dude could be in body building magazines. Just flat out ripped. Has a good shot but also quick ups. Will be a great compliment to Ejim next year.
    --White is a manchild. Don't know if this has been mentioned or not but he has HUGE hands. From the bottom of his hand to the top of his middle finger is 11.5 inches. If you don't believe me, just ask him. It is like shaking hands with a baseball glove. He will be exactly what we need down low next year...a force in the paint.

Clones are in a rebuilding time but the calvary is on its way. Stay positive and support this program. Good times are coming!

Go Clones!
    nice post! but i really hope you mean STUDS!

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than selfish and worry about my liver."
    --by Jack Handy

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 258

It may or not be appropriate to throw the CU article in here. However, I think it is. The past coach continues with same old, same old problems whereas our new coach CFH works to improve them.

Familiar flaw jolts Jays - Omaha.com

“The games we've lost this year has been because of (lacking mental toughness),” said Korver, who finished with eight points. “It's either execution or defending the way we want to defend. It's mental things. … It's being tough and learning how to finish games. We've had leads in every game. We just have to learn how to finish them.”

“Mental toughness is about having that focus and that discipline to understand your assignment every possession,” he said. “When that shot goes up in the air against a team like Wichita, you've got somebody to block out. And if you don't block somebody out, you've blown your assignment and you've lacked mental toughness. . . . We lacked it on several occasions tonight.”

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Walk On
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonesurveyor View Post
    nice post! but i really hope you mean STUDS!

Sorry about that... I have now corrected it.

Also, with regards to White's hands, just take a foot long ruler and lay it on the base of your hand (where the palm meets the wrist). This will give you an idea as to the size. Largest hands in ISU basketball history (and yes they do track this).

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Fan View Post
    Sorry about that... I have now corrected it.

Also, with regards to White's hands, just take a foot long ruler and lay it on the base of your hand (where the palm meets the wrist). This will give you an idea as to the size. Largest hands in ISU basketball history (and yes they do track this).
    OMG. I just did this....if I shook his hand, I wonder if I'd be able to see my hand at all!

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 69

Excited to see what these guys will bring to the team next season, but for now, I am enjoying what this year's team is doing, win or lose. We really have what is the makings of something special if these players continue to improve and play together as a team. On a side note, got a chuckle out of the Creighton article, I do not miss that crap at all.

Go Cyclones!!