Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 40,005, Level: 61
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    2,973
    Points
    40,005
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 38

    Someone forgot to edit!


  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 559,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,285
    Points
    559,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 78

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Wow that shouldn't happen but it does at times.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 40,005, Level: 61
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    2,973
    Points
    40,005
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 38

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Though the daily did find the error and corrected it through this not the next day;
    In the version of this story that was published in print on Jan. 12, 2011, a sidebar was mistakenly headlined. The sidebar, "Who cannot give consent?" was headlined, in print, as "Who can give consent...?" This headline error, of course, dramatically changes the meaning of the information presented in the sidebar, and the Daily deeply regrets the error.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 73,278, Level: 84
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,572
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    869
    Points
    73,278
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 10

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!



    50 no's and a yes means yes!


    read this post quickly - it might not last long

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 38,006, Level: 60
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,867
    Points
    38,006
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Wow! What about the picture too, is that appropriate for a college newspaper (or any newspaper for that matter)?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 85,096, Level: 90
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,104
    Points
    85,096
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    Wow! What about the picture too, is that appropriate for a college newspaper (or any newspaper for that matter)?
    Anyone offended by a picture like that doesn't have enough going on in their lives...people see a lot of media from war and people dead/dying in media outlets, but people are probably more likely to complain about this. Most Maxim covers are more racy than that...


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 94,729, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,684
    Points
    94,729
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Nothing new from the Daily. They took a lot of heat for the "Ames for Dummies" thing when ISU hosted the special olympics: 'Ames For Dummies' Headline Criticized - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

    I once had a heated email exchange with one of the opinion columnists when I was going to ISU too. I sent a letter to the editor over something he wrote that left out some key facts and some of his incorrect statements he was making over something he clearly had an agenda against and the same morning it ran he sent me a pretty lengthy and heated email trying to descredit my letter. Was funny because his entire arguement the whole time he just tossed aside legit facts that I pointed out like they didn't even exist and they were actual numbers and published information right off a page on the ISU website. Not once did he admit he was wrong or had an agenda in this back and forth email exchange despite I was able to easily descredit everything he was using as his arguement with me as a biased agenda. I'm curious just what kind of jobs anyone that works for the Daily goes on to as it's pretty much a real-life job audition working for them and any screwup will likely be found by a potential employer looking to hire them at some kind of news source or publication.


    Go Cubs Go!

  8. #8
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    creightonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    682
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!


  9. #9
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 708

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Wow, that is bad.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 166,756, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,333
    Points
    166,756
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 852

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    LMFAO at the picture.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  11. #11
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 708

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    Anyone offended by a picture like that doesn't have enough going on in their lives...people see a lot of media from war and people dead/dying in media outlets, but people are probably more likely to complain about this. Most Maxim covers are more racy than that...
    Just for the record, something doesn't have to be offensive to be inappropriate. I mean, I could say **** here, and I am sure you wouldn't be offended, but the asterisks still appear to cover it.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 137,975, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    6,933
    Points
    137,975
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 133

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Good thing this isn't in the Iowa City paper or those 2 football players would be citing this in their defense.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,718, Level: 26
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clonefan98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    271
    Points
    7,718
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    Wow! What about the picture too, is that appropriate for a college newspaper (or any newspaper for that matter)?
    Agreed. It may not cross any lines, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

    You'd think if these were serious journalism students who aspire to work for "real world" newspapers some day they'd start work on being more professional. I doubt a real newspaper would run a photo like that.

    But this doesn't suprise me beings that it's the ISU Daily. I still remember when they printed the Kenny Pratt booking transcript, verbatim....



  14. #14
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 708

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefan98 View Post
    Agreed. It may not cross any lines, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

    You'd think if these were serious journalism students who aspire to work for "real world" newspapers some day they'd start work on being more professional. I doubt a real newspaper would run a photo like that.

    But this doesn't suprise me beings that it's the ISU Daily. I still remember when they printed the Kenny Pratt booking transcript, verbatim....
    Or the infamous title page in the mid-90's: "Stabbing Aside, VESHIEA a Success."



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 69,799, Level: 82
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,651
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,258
    Points
    69,799
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 333

    Re: Someone forgot to edit!

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Nothing new from the Daily. They took a lot of heat for the "Ames for Dummies" thing when ISU hosted the special olympics: 'Ames For Dummies' Headline Criticized - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

    I once had a heated email exchange with one of the opinion columnists when I was going to ISU too. I sent a letter to the editor over something he wrote that left out some key facts and some of his incorrect statements he was making over something he clearly had an agenda against and the same morning it ran he sent me a pretty lengthy and heated email trying to descredit my letter. Was funny because his entire arguement the whole time he just tossed aside legit facts that I pointed out like they didn't even exist and they were actual numbers and published information right off a page on the ISU website. Not once did he admit he was wrong or had an agenda in this back and forth email exchange despite I was able to easily descredit everything he was using as his arguement with me as a biased agenda. I'm curious just what kind of jobs anyone that works for the Daily goes on to as it's pretty much a real-life job audition working for them and any screwup will likely be found by a potential employer looking to hire them at some kind of news source or publication.
    Their name didn't happen to be Matt Perrault?


    They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM