Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

WR-Kori Babineaux is visiting.....

on 1/21. After watching all the WR recruit highlight vids, I think his is the most impressive of the bunch. Good hands, great body control, and has a little swagger about him. Really hope we get him. the move he makes at 1:40 is sick to say the least.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grHFLNWO8GU"]YouTube - Kori Babineaux Highlights 2009 (Junior)[/ame]

Last edited by sdcyfan; 01-11-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

Re: WR-Kori Babineaux is visiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by sdcyfan View Post
    on 1/21. After watching all the WR recruit highlight vids, I think his is the most impressive of the bunch. Good hands, great body control, and has a little swagger about him. Really hope we get him.

YouTube - Kori Babineaux Highlights 2009 (Junior)

Ruben Gonzalez and Tad Ecby had good film too, but I think all the WR we are recruiting are better prospects than what we have now. Keondrick Daniels looks to be a good CB prospect if we can get him here. I think he officially put his visit on the books today as well. This is some impressive stuff from Babineaux though.

BTW, does anyone know why we are recruiting so many WR? Are we preparing for a mass transfer?We should have Reynolds, Darks, Lenz, Johnson, West, Jennet, Young, and Gary next year. We are adding Lampkin, Ecby, and possibly one or two more. Do we really need more than 10 scholarship WR? WR and TE are both becoming log jams it would seem.

Last edited by brett108; 01-11-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 215

Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    I think Keondrick Daniels and Ruben Gonzalez had better film, but I think all the WR we are recruiting are better prospects than what we have now.

BTW, does anyone know why we are recruiting so many WR? Are we preparing for a mass transfer?We should have Reynolds, Darks, Lenz, Johnson, West, Jennet, Young, and Gary next year. We are adding Lampkin, Ecby, and possibly one or two more. Do we really need more than 10 scholarship WR?
    Yes. We run a spread with a lot of 4 WR sets right? Each WR needs a backup. We need young underclassmen below them ideally, with some of those underclassmen being backups.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

I think Keondrick Daniels and Ruben Gonzalez had better film, but I think all the WR we are recruiting are better prospects than what we have now.

BTW, does anyone know why we are recruiting so many WR? Are we preparing for a mass transfer?We should have Reynolds, Darks, Lenz, Johnson, West, Jennet, Young, and Gary next year. We are adding Lampkin, Ecby, and possibly one or two more. Do we really need more than 10 scholarship WR? WR and TE are both becoming log jams it would seem.
    I can give it a shot. Look at next year. We will lose at least two of those guys. Also, if you look at the guys we are going after, specifically, Bundrage, Babineaux, Gonzalez and maybe Gilbert, they are all bigger receivers. Outside of Jennert we don't have anyone that fits on the outside the way I think our staff would like. I like the smaller quicker guys, but I think teams still need big receivers that can out muscle DBs at times. The situations I am thinking of is like a 3rd and 5 and you need the slant but teams are in press coverage. FWIW, I liked Bundrages tape the best. All of them look pretty decent though. We use a lot of 3 receiver sets as well so 10 receivers, at least to me isn't all that excessive especially when you consider we have seemed to struggle at the position. I would also say not all of those TEs will stay there for their career. Perhaps receivers may move as well.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Yes. We run a spread with a lot of 4 WR sets right? Each WR needs a backup. We need young underclassmen below them ideally, with some of those underclassmen being backups.

Tend to agree, but using 10-11 of your 85 on one position seems like a lot. I am not used to us running a spread, so maybe I will become more accustomed ot this as we go along.

I just see how unproductive our receivers were as a group this year, and I find it hard to stomach all these scholarships going to that position. Hopefully we will have some revelations this spring.

Addict
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 105

Tend to agree, but using 10-11 of your 85 on one position seems like a lot. I am not used to us running a spread, so maybe I will become more accustomed ot this as we go along.

I just see how unproductive our receivers were as a group this year, and I find it hard to stomach all these scholarships going to that position. Hopefully we will have some revelations this spring.
    It's not exactly one position. At any time roughly 1/3rd of our offense will be WRs. If you look at it that way we are spending 10-11 (probably more) schollies on roughly 1/6th of our team roster.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Also wouldn't it make you happy with the staff for going out and getting their own group of WRs if thegroup which was recruited by a previous staff was doing poorly?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Take your Fullback allotment and move it to receiver. That helps a little.

You get 85 schollies. You have 22 starting spots so that's roughly 4 guys per slot. Then we typically have 3 if not 4 receivers on the field and that gives you 12 as the balanced number if you want to think of it like that.

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post

You get 85 schollies. You have 22 starting spots so that's roughly 4 guys per slot. Then we typically have 3 if not 4 receivers on the field and that gives you 12 as the balanced number if you want to think of it like that.
    And boom goes the dynamite.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Do you think we will be running the 4 WR spread this year? Last year the TE was the fourth receiver most of the time. I figured with our TE binge we would still be doing that this year. It gives us better blocking on the zone read as well.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4

Been watching this guy since he was on T.V. early in the year. Dope video, and I gotta say that's some fresh music as well.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I was pretty impressed. Big target, catches everything with his hands, and does not seem like a stiff but rather looks fluid get out of his breaks and making moves. Marquis Hamilton?

I'm extremely excited by all the guys we are in contention with going into signing day, and I almost wonder if the staff filled up so many spots too quickly? Not bashing anyone currently committed and I'm sure the staff would not have taken early commits if they weren't sure on a guy's talent level, but just based on guys we are actively recruiting now, it seems they will really have to pick and choose who to accept verbals from with only a few spots remaining. Granted, I'm sure the longer you are available the more in demand you'll be. I think a classic example of that is Eric McKnight on the basketball team.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Do you think we will be running the 4 WR spread this year? Last year the TE was the fourth receiver most of the time. I figured with our TE binge we would still be doing that this year. It gives us better blocking on the zone read as well.
    Good question, I think it will depend on personnel. We don't have COlin Franklin anymore and he will be very difficult to replace in the passing game so perhaps we will see a receiver in the formation he used to be split out in. It just depend on if we have a better option at receiver or TE.

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Good question, I think it will depend on personnel. We don't have COlin Franklin anymore and he will be very difficult to replace in the passing game so perhaps we will see a receiver in the formation he used to be split out in. It just depend on if we have a better option at receiver or TE.
    I think with West and Gary a year older and with some of the WRs we have coming in we will play slot receivers more. Especially if one of the TEs doesn't step up as a go to guy.

Starter
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cychotiic View Post
    Been watching this guy since he was on T.V. early in the year. Dope video, and I gotta say that's some fresh music as well.
    Jazzy Jeff?

There was one?